GHG's Cause Radiative Cooling.....

SSDD

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2012
A paper recently published in the Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meterological Society finds that radiation from GHG's at present earth temperatures are producing a negative feedback providing a cooling effect as opposed to the claims of warmer wackos who claim we are all going to burn.

Self-aggregation of convection in long channel geometry - Wing - Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society - Wiley Online Library

These findings are incompatible with the quaint Arrhenius radiative greenhouse/IPCC hypothesis but are completely compatible with the Maxwell/Clausius/Carnot gravito-thermal greenhouse theory, the HS 'greenhouse equation,'Chilingar et al, Kimoto, Wilde, and others.

It is refreshing to see that some actual science is being done and that the consensus stranglehold on information is weakening to the point that a major journal such as that of the Royal Meterological society can publish a paper so profoundly off the consensus reservation. Seems that the climate sensitivity to CO2 may be less than zero as I have pointed out many times. Interesting times ahead for skeptics...for you warmers....the train wreck approacheth.

Does that mean that I can take the contraption off my ass (I am wearing to convert methane to harmless rose water) and I can fart freely into the atmosphere?

Negative feedback to convective self-aggregation, not warming.

And a negative feedback to convection would DECREASE the amount of heat being radiated away, INCREASING the rate of warming.

You never fail to fail.

Last edited:
Negative feedback to convective self-aggregation, not warming.

And a negative feedback to convection would DECREASE the amount of heat being radiated away, INCREASING the rate of warming.

You never fail to fail.

And you never fail to not have a clue....better jump off that crazy train before it goes over the cliff with you onboard.

You failed. But I can't blame you entirely. Hockey Schtick failed as well. You can say they led you astray.

Sorry crick....reality is going to trump your faith every time....but go ahead and ride the crazy train over the cliff....its what you deserve.

Do I need to post the abstract AGAIN and point out where it says what I say it says and does NOT say what you say it says?

Cloud cover and relative humidity in the tropics are strongly influenced by organized atmospheric convection, which occurs across a range of spatial and temporal scales. One mode of organization that is found in idealized numerical modeling simulations is self-aggregation, a spontaneous transition from randomly distributed convection to organized convection despite homogeneous boundary conditions. We explore the influence of domain geometry on the mechanisms, growth rates, and length scales of self-aggregation of tropical convection. We simulate radiative-convective equilibrium with the System for Atmospheric Modeling (SAM), in a non-rotating, highly-elongated 3D channel domain of length > 104 km, with interactive radiation and surface fluxes and fixed sea-surface temperature varying from 280 K to 310 K. Convection self-aggregates into multiple moist and dry bands across this full range of temperatures. As convection aggregates, we find a decrease in upper-tropospheric cloud fraction, but an increase in lower-tropospheric cloud fraction; this sensitivity of clouds to aggregation agrees with observations in the upper troposphere, but not in the lower troposphere. An advantage of the channel geometry is that a separation distance between convectively active regions can be defined; we present a theory for this distance based on boundary layer remoistening. We find that surface fluxes and radiative heating act as positive feedbacks, favoring self-aggregation, but advection of moist static energy acts as a negative feedback, opposing self-aggregation, for nearly all temperatures and times. Early in the process of self-aggregation, surface fluxes are a positive feedback at all temperatures, shortwave radiation is a strong positive feedback at low surface temperatures but weakens at higher temperatures, and longwave radiation is a negative feedback at low temperatures but becomes a positive feedback for temperatures greater than 295–300 K. Clouds contribute strongly to the radiative feedbacks, especially at low temperatures.

A paper recently published in the Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meterological Society finds that radiation from GHG's at present earth temperatures are producing a negative feedback providing a cooling effect as opposed to the claims of warmer wackos who claim we are all going to burn.

Self-aggregation of convection in long channel geometry - Wing - Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society - Wiley Online Library

These findings are incompatible with the quaint Arrhenius radiative greenhouse/IPCC hypothesis but are completely compatible with the Maxwell/Clausius/Carnot gravito-thermal greenhouse theory, the HS 'greenhouse equation,'Chilingar et al, Kimoto, Wilde, and others.

It is refreshing to see that some actual science is being done and that the consensus stranglehold on information is weakening to the point that a major journal such as that of the Royal Meterological society can publish a paper so profoundly off the consensus reservation. Seems that the climate sensitivity to CO2 may be less than zero as I have pointed out many times. Interesting times ahead for skeptics...for you warmers....the train wreck approacheth.

Interesting read...

I Agree with your interpretation SSDD of the works. It sides with empirical evidence, while the IPCC's version just kinda dies.. Very nice to see the skeptic side come out in full force of Peer reviewed papers. The made up crap that NOAA and other left wing radical groups are doing is about to fall flat. They may get a little warming to interrupt the pause for about 6 months but as cooling takes over the pause will return and be full fledged cooling.

So, we've got two of you that can't read.

Early in the process of self-aggregation, surface fluxes are a positive feedback at all temperatures, shortwave radiation is a strong positive feedback at low surface temperatures but weakens at higher temperatures, and longwave radiation is a negative feedback at low temperatures but becomes a positive feedback for temperatures greater than 295–300 K.

LW radiation provides a negative feedback to the process of self-aggregation in idealized numerical models of tropical conditions. And you numbnuts think this refutes AGW. Jesus are you people stupid.

I think we have another interpretation of physics from Mr. SSDD comparable to his intelligent photons. That paper most definately does not say what he thinks it does.

Not entirely his fault. His posts here are only repeating what the experts at The Hockey Schtick are saying.

Forum List

Back