Getting To Know Mitt Romney

definitely not a douchebag who says stuff like "I like to be able to fire people" and "I'm not worried about the poor", no. That's all Mitt.

He's not even particularly rich. He does well, I guess.

And, no, sorry, the Trinity Church is not what you make it out to be. There's no Black Liberation Preacher hiding under your bed waiting to spring a guilt trip on you...

Here's a lesson you really should learn. When you have to take people's words out of context in order to create an issue.... you don't have an issue... you are just a fucking lying hack.

I think the words he used says who he is.

"I like to be able to fire people" - He's a rich, entitled douchebag who is used to using his power and money to push people around. Sorry, the mindset was kind of telling there.

Reality, most of us don't have the option to fire our insurance carrier. Quite the contrary, what often happens is that insurance companies convince our employers to fire us if we get sick. Totally illegal, but they figure they can usually get away with it.

If you want the ability to fire your insurance carrier, then buy your insurance yourself instead of depending on your employer to buy it for you. Pay your own way.

I think the words he used says who he is.

"I like to be able to fire people" - He's a rich, entitled douchebag who is used to using his power and money to push people around. Sorry, the mindset was kind of telling there.

Reality, most of us don't have the option to fire our insurance carrier. Quite the contrary, what often happens is that insurance companies convince our employers to fire us if we get sick. Totally illegal, but they figure they can usually get away with it.

If you want the ability to fire your insurance carrier, then buy your insurance yourself instead of depending on your employer to buy it for you. Pay your own way.

Or we can do what every civilized country in teh world does, call health care a RIGHT, make it a single payer system, and not let employers or insurance companies be able to screw with our lives like this.

But let's play your little game. Let's pretend that I can get a personal policy for the cost of what my employer's group policy is. Maybe when I was younger, not now that I'm in my 50's. And maybe I can get my employer to pay me extra instead of opting out.

Oh, by the way, our big push at my company... getting our employees to get on their spouses programs.

Anyway, so let's say we've done all this, and some asshole like Ed Hanaway- you know, the dickhead motherfucker who let Natalie Sarkisyan die rather than make good on her policy- decides, hey, I'm going to cheat you out of the policy you paid good money for. Yeah, I can go to court to maybe get him to pay for my cancer treatments.. but more likely, I'll die before I get a hearing and Ed will pay himself a 72 Million dollar bonus...

You wonder why I'm not a Republican, it's because you defend douchbaggery like this. I can't.

so then Obama is not rich, not a douchbag and has never attended a Black Liberation Theology church?

then telling the truth is Obama Derangement Syndrome

definitely not a douchebag who says stuff like "I like to be able to fire people" and "I'm not worried about the poor", no. That's all Mitt.

And, no, sorry, the Trinity Church is not what you make it out to be. There's no Black Liberation Preacher hiding under your bed waiting to spring a guilt trip on you...

Here's a lesson you really should learn. When you have to take people's words out of context in order to create an issue.... you don't have an issue... you are just a fucking lying hack.

That's rich coming from a Romney supporter.

And probably only to you...

But nice to see you suffer from the top symptom of Obama Derangement Syndrome...

"But...but...but Obama!!!!"

so then Obama is not rich, not a douchbag and has never attended a Black Liberation Theology church?

Yeah.. God da** America and USofKKA.. Nuffin' to worry about.

The more I know about Romney, the better I like him. I didn't know that he gave the entirety of his inheritance to charity and never took a penny. Nor did I know that he closed down an entire company so the employees could look for a lost child. I didn't vote for Romney last time. Had I known some of these things I might have.

I have posted all that information at least twice, right here on USMB. The way threads fly though, it is no wonder many worthy and not-so-worthy posts don't hang around for long...

OK. Let's not get carried away.

Mitts dad died in 1995. Mitt was already filthy rich by that time. He gave the money to BYU to fund a college named after George.

You people act like he was a young man who needed money when he got that inheritance. And let's not pretend he was feeding hungry people or helping sick kids. He was purchasing some legacy points.

Question. Do you know whether or not he deducted that donation? I'm betting he did.

Romney says what his audience expects him to say, I have no idea if there is any core to the man as it appears he operates in a world detached from the world most live in. I find it interesting he picked an authentic 15th century cleric as his running mate, but when the base says, do it, he does it. If elected will he be another Bush ruled by Cheney, and the neocons and the right wing corporate element, it would seem so. I'm still fascinated by a person who was given a religious deferment now potentially in charge of the very organization he once avoided. He'll have to bring back McChrystal and they can have all sorts of interesting dog whistle laughs.

Yeah.. God da** America and USofKKA.. Nuffin' to worry about.

Well, why does that worry you?

I think Wright was out of line, but you know what, I haven't grown up black in this country, and neither have you.

Forum List

Back