Getting To Know Mitt Romney

Romney has been running for President for six years now..

Now we are 'getting to know him'? Really?

He's rich douchebag with a weird religion.... I'm not sure that there's much to add to that.

Why do you hate Mormons? Do you hate Muslims too? Why are you such a bigot?

I have contempt for all religions most of them about equally.

Anyone who thinks he has an omnipotent friend in the sky who needs his adoration, but usually doesn't help out any more than random chance is worthy of my contempt.

I do have a little more contempt for Mormons because

1) The Fraud is a lot more obvious.
2) The Mormons themselves are creepier than shit.
3) They generally tend to act like douchebags.

When you have the worst favorables of a major party nominee in recent history, it's not because people don't know you.

It's because they do.

Get up to speed. You're talking ancient history. :razz:

No wait on the other hand. Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket Obama is going to win. Stay home.

:razz:

Romney has been running for President for six years now..

Now we are 'getting to know him'? Really?

He's rich douchebag with a weird religion.... I'm not sure that there's much to add to that.

Why do you hate Mormons? Do you hate Muslims too? Why are you such a bigot?

I have contempt for all religions most of them about equally.

Anyone who thinks he has an omnipotent friend in the sky who needs his adoration, but usually doesn't help out any more than random chance is worthy of my contempt.

I do have a little more contempt for Mormons because

1) The Fraud is a lot more obvious.
2) The Mormons themselves are creepier than shit.
3) They generally tend to act like douchebags.

Well I have a different take.

God bless their souls. Now I'm a strange born again and I know it. :D I'm the Ted Nugent turning over the tables born again. But before I came to Christ the Witnesses that I knew helped me on this journey and they are awesome people.

I would trust them with my life in a heartbeat. Yes, there are certain things I do not understand about their faith, but I know that the true believers are genuine and are of such pure spirit I could only hope to attain one day.

A very informative article.
Learning to Like Mitt
Andrew Ferguson, reluctant Romneyite
SEP 3, 2012, VOL. 17, NO. 47 • BY ANDREW FERGUSON

Romney once famously called himself “severely” conservative. Other adverbs fit better: culturally, personally, instinctively. He seems to have missed out on The Sixties altogether, and wanted to. As a freshman at Stanford he protested the protesters, appearing in the quad carrying signs of his own: SPEAK OUT, DON’T SIT IN! In 1968 the May riots stranded him in Paris. “The disorder appalled him,” the authors write. He left Stanford for BYU, where long hair, rock bands, and peace symbols were banned. As a young go-getter he liked to give friends copies of Think and Grow Rich, by Napoleon Hill—a Stephen Covey for the Coolidge era, sodden with moral uplift. (Even his anachronisms are anachronistic.) “There was nothing jaded about him,” a school friend tells the authors, “nothing skeptical, nothing ironic.”

At his wedding, he declined when the photographer asked him to kiss the bride: “Not for cameras,” he said. Since that day, Ann says, they haven’t had an argument; friends believe her. And their kids—we’ve all seen their kids. The authors tick off a typical week for the young family. Sunday: “church, reflection, volunteer work, family dinners.” Monday: “family night,” when the family gathered for Bible stories and skits about animals. Tuesday was for family basketball games and cookouts. Friday was date night for Mitt and Ann. Saturday was for doing chores, and so on, in a pinwheel of wholesomeness that a -post-60s ironist can only gape at, disbelieving. The Romneys present a picture of an American family that popular culture has been trying to undo since—well, since An American Family, the 1973 PBS documentary that exposed the typical household as a cauldron of resentment and infidelity.

Learning to Like Mitt | The Weekly Standard

The issue isn’t Romney, it’s the people he’d have in his administration: the Bush retreads, the neo cons, and the far-right extremists, all of whom would pursue an agenda detrimental to this Nation, as demonstrated during the GWB years. A Romney administration would indeed be a return to the previous administration, an administration that squandered a budget surplus, expanded the power of government, and began two illegal wars.

Romney might very well be running for president in good faith, but he’s too weak and indecisive to be an effective administrator and resist the influence of conservative ideologues, particularly with regard to judicial appointments.

Well I have a different take.

God bless their souls. Now I'm a strange born again and I know it. :D I'm the Ted Nugent turning over the tables born again. But before I came to Christ the Witnesses that I knew helped me on this journey and they are awesome people.

I would trust them with my life in a heartbeat. Yes, there are certain things I do not understand about their faith, but I know that the true believers are genuine and are of such pure spirit I could only hope to attain one day.

If you are only a good person because you are afraid that your invisible friend in the sky is going to torture you for all eternity, then I think you are kind of missing the point about morality.

Just sayin'

The more I know about Romney, the better I like him. I didn't know that he gave the entirety of his inheritance to charity and never took a penny. Nor did I know that he closed down an entire company so the employees could look for a lost child. I didn't vote for Romney last time. Had I known some of these things I might have.

I did vote for Romney last time and think that he'll make an excellent president. I suspect there are many good deeds done by Romney that no one will ever know of. From the article:

"Almost every personal detail about Romney I found endearing. But my slowly softening opinion went instantly to goo when The Real Romney unfolded an account of his endless kindnesses—unbidden, unsung, and utterly gratuitous. “It seems that everyone who has known him has a tale of his altruism,” the authors write. I was struck by the story of a Mormon family called (unfortunately) Nixon. In the 1990s a car wreck rendered two of their boys quadriplegics. Drained financially from extraordinary expenses, Mr. Nixon got a call from Romney, whom he barely knew, asking if he could stop by on Christmas Eve. When the day came, all the Romneys arrived bearing presents, including a VCR and a new sound system the Romney boys set up. Later Romney told Nixon that he could take care of the children’s college tuition, which in the end proved unnecessary. “I knew how busy he was,” Nixon told the authors. “He was actually teaching his boys, saying, ‘This is what we do. We do this as a family.’ ”

I am so excited. I'm on with a couple of old rock friends. Romney and Ryan have to must absolutely must go "TCB".

I think if the right people go for it Randy would might go for it. Or at least let them use it.

I'm doing cartwheels. You can feel it.

Gee. All I have is a little wine.

When you have the worst favorables of a major party nominee in recent history, it's not because people don't know you.

It's because they do.

I think this pretty much nails it. I mean this schlub has been running for office for most of his adult office. He's also been losing.

Watching him, my skin crawls and I have the urge to feel for my wallet.

Don't turn your back on either of them.

The more I know about Romney, the better I like him. I didn't know that he gave the entirety of his inheritance to charity and never took a penny. Nor did I know that he closed down an entire company so the employees could look for a lost child. I didn't vote for Romney last time. Had I known some of these things I might have.

If he gave everything to charity how did he and Ann live during that awful period when Mitt had to sell stocks in order to pay the rent?

Probably because he bought stock and had them to sell.

Chris Wallace interviewed Ann Romney today. The Romney's never had a nanny, nor a maid or housekeeper. They felt it was important that their boys grew up knowing they had to work and help out with the household tasks. They were taught to wash and iron their own clothes, Clean their own rooms and help their mother.

In other words, an old American value of self-reliance.

It's because they do.

Very true. The election will be about who gets their base out. When republicans here are calling the governor a "fraud", "turd", and a "shitty choice", it's pretty easy to see that there is little excitement for the Governor. Plenty of hatred for Obama but I doubt that would get anyone to want to get their feet wet to vote for the Governor if it's raining on 11/6, or get sun burned, or exert themselves to the point of having to turn a lever for him.

After seeing what a regime truly, deliberately and intentionally detrimental to this nation and everyone in it, any one is preferable.

Chris Wallace interviewed Ann Romney today. The Romney's never had a nanny, nor a maid or housekeeper. They felt it was important that their boys grew up knowing they had to work and help out with the household tasks. They were taught to wash and iron their own clothes, Clean their own rooms and help their mother.

In other words, an old American value of self-reliance.

Well, it's easy to be self-reliant when you have a trust fund.

Oh, wait, that's a contradiction, isn't it?

Learning to Like Mitt

Romney once famously called himself “severely” conservative. Other adverbs fit better: culturally, personally, instinctively. He seems to have missed out on The Sixties altogether, and wanted to. As a freshman at Stanford he protested the protesters, appearing in the quad carrying signs of his own: SPEAK OUT, DON’T SIT IN! In 1968 the May riots stranded him in Paris. “The disorder appalled him,” the authors write. He left Stanford for BYU, where long hair, rock bands, and peace symbols were banned. As a young go-getter he liked to give friends copies of Think and Grow Rich, by Napoleon Hill—a Stephen Covey for the Coolidge era, sodden with moral uplift. (Even his anachronisms are anachronistic.) “There was nothing jaded about him,” a school friend tells the authors, “nothing skeptical, nothing ironic.”

At his wedding, he declined when the photographer asked him to kiss the bride: “Not for cameras,” he said. Since that day, Ann says, they haven’t had an argument; friends believe her. And their kids—we’ve all seen their kids. The authors tick off a typical week for the young family. Sunday: “church, reflection, volunteer work, family dinners.” Monday: “family night,” when the family gathered for Bible stories and skits about animals. Tuesday was for family basketball games and cookouts. Friday was date night for Mitt and Ann. Saturday was for doing chores, and so on, in a pinwheel of wholesomeness that a -post-60s ironist can only gape at, disbelieving. The Romneys present a picture of an American family that popular culture has been trying to undo since—well, since An American Family, the 1973 PBS documentary that exposed the typical household as a cauldron of resentment and infidelity.

The issue isn’t Romney, it’s the people he’d have in his administration: the Bush retreads, the neo cons, and the far-right extremists, all of whom would pursue an agenda detrimental to this Nation, as demonstrated during the GWB years. A Romney administration would indeed be a return to the previous administration, an administration that squandered a budget surplus, expanded the power of government, and began two illegal wars.

Romney might very well be running for president in good faith, but he’s too weak and indecisive to be an effective administrator and resist the influence of conservative ideologues, particularly with regard to judicial appointments.

No he's not. He's running because he's bored and wants to out do his father. Romney as governor should be a good indicator of what Romney would be like as President. He was interested in the job for a couple of years..then lost interest. He didn't bother to run again because he was at a 36% approval rating with the people of the state.

Even this article is filled with the scumbag aspects of Romney's life. He protested the protestors? Well the protestors were protesting the draft for the Vietnam war. Which Romney approved of..unless it was his skin that was the target of the Vietnamese. He went to France instead, where he found the "disorder" apalling. Really now? Well why didn't he go to Vietnam?

And probably only to you...

But nice to see you suffer from the top symptom of Obama Derangement Syndrome...

"But...but...but Obama!!!!"

so then Obama is not rich, not a douchbag and has never attended a Black Liberation Theology church?

then telling the truth is Obama Derangement Syndrome

definitely not a douchebag who says stuff like "I like to be able to fire people" and "I'm not worried about the poor", no. That's all Mitt.

He's not even particularly rich. He does well, I guess.

And, no, sorry, the Trinity Church is not what you make it out to be. There's no Black Liberation Preacher hiding under your bed waiting to spring a guilt trip on you...

Here's a lesson you really should learn. When you have to take people's words out of context in order to create an issue.... you don't have an issue... you are just a fucking lying hack.

Learning to Like Mitt

No he's not. He's running because he's bored and wants to out do his father. Romney as governor should be a good indicator of what Romney would be like as President. He was interested in the job for a couple of years..then lost interest. He didn't bother to run again because he was at a 36% approval rating with the people of the state.

Even this article is filled with the scumbag aspects of Romney's life. He protested the protestors? Well the protestors were protesting the draft for the Vietnam war. Which Romney approved of..unless it was his skin that was the target of the Vietnamese. He went to France instead, where he found the "disorder" apalling. Really now? Well why didn't he go to Vietnam?

I take it you have some evidence that he's 'running because he's bored'? :lol::lol: Seriously... there are times when I actually laugh out loud at the utter stupidity of the shit that gets posted on this board as 'fact'.

so then Obama is not rich, not a douchbag and has never attended a Black Liberation Theology church?

then telling the truth is Obama Derangement Syndrome

definitely not a douchebag who says stuff like "I like to be able to fire people" and "I'm not worried about the poor", no. That's all Mitt.

And, no, sorry, the Trinity Church is not what you make it out to be. There's no Black Liberation Preacher hiding under your bed waiting to spring a guilt trip on you...

Here's a lesson you really should learn. When you have to take people's words out of context in order to create an issue.... you don't have an issue... you are just a fucking lying hack.

I think the words he used says who he is.

"I like to be able to fire people" - He's a rich, entitled douchebag who is used to using his power and money to push people around. Sorry, the mindset was kind of telling there.

Reality, most of us don't have the option to fire our insurance carrier. Quite the contrary, what often happens is that insurance companies convince our employers to fire us if we get sick. Totally illegal, but they figure they can usually get away with it.

I think the words he used says who he is.

"I like to be able to fire people" - He's a rich, entitled douchebag who is used to using his power and money to push people around. Sorry, the mindset was kind of telling there.

Reality, most of us don't have the option to fire our insurance carrier. Quite the contrary, what often happens is that insurance companies convince our employers to fire us if we get sick. Totally illegal, but they figure they can usually get away with it.

Again, you take his comments out of context in order to make a point. Doing that means you have no point.

You also said you'd 'respect him if he'd given his share to his siblings'.... if he had done that, you'd be criticizing him for giving it to family instead of to the needy. You know that, I know that. You're nothing more than a two bit hack, Joey. Seriously, if Gingrich got the nod, you'd still be a 'conservative', but now you're a left wing hack. You have no moral fiber, you're a political tramp who goes where it's convenient. Your politics are based on hate rather than ideology. And that is pathetic.

Learning to Like Mitt

....i.e......another Bush.

061900wh-bush.2.jpg

"Born at the earliest fringe of the baby boom, Mr. Bush was pressed during his years at Yale, 1964 to 1968, to take sides in the great battles then unfolding over politics, civil rights, drugs and music. Mostly he was a noncombatant in those upheavals, but when forced to choose, he ultimately retreated to the values and ideals established by his parents' generation, and to their accepted methods of rebelling.

Unlike others of his generation, like Bill Clinton or Al Gore, Mr. Bush never wore his hair long, agonized over Vietnam, wrestled with existentialism or cranked up Rolling Stones songs to annoy his parents (instead of hard rock music, he listened to soul). Even today, Mr. Bush thunders in his stump speeches against boomer-style self-indulgence and appeals for a "responsibility era" that in some respects sounds like the 1950's; he likes values as clean-cut as his hair."

Last edited:
Again, you take his comments out of context in order to make a point. Doing that means you have no point.

How is this "out of context" at all. That he was talking about firing an insurance company rather than GS Steel and AmPad workers? Because he fired them, too.

These kinds of comments just tell me who he is. The context is irrelevent, it shows his thought pattern. A president who simply isn't going to give a shit about working folks.

You also said you'd 'respect him if he'd given his share to his siblings'.... if he had done that, you'd be criticizing him for giving it to family instead of to the needy. You know that, I know that. You're nothing more than a two bit hack, Joey. Seriously, if Gingrich got the nod, you'd still be a 'conservative', but now you're a left wing hack. You have no moral fiber, you're a political tramp who goes where it's convenient. Your politics are based on hate rather than ideology. And that is pathetic.

If Gingrich got the nod, we'd have a conservative who got it that working folks are struggling. And didn't have a bizarre religion. Well, he's a Catholic Convert, that's a bit weird. People who convert to Catholicism tend to be more intense to those of us unlucky enough to be born into it.

Point was, he wasn't giving up HIS money, he was giving up his father's money because he had plenty of his own. This is hardly a sign of nobility...

Not to worry, once he loses, you can go around saying what a bad candidate he was, which is what you "conservatives" will do rather than wonder why people are rejecting your anti-working folk policies...

If he gave everything to charity how did he and Ann live during that awful period when Mitt had to sell stocks in order to pay the rent?

Probably because he bought stock and had them to sell.

Before he'd ever even had a job, he was buying stock?

With what money?

Forum List

Back