Getting Tired of "I'll Pray for You"

Just tell them you never think about since you don't see it that much..

The rude ones are really just looking to get a rise out of me, I've found. So I give them what they want, though generally a little more than they expected, and let them move on with their foolishness.
I eventually got to where I ignore them completely.....My 'tude won't stand for the foolishness anymore and I will deck the halls with balls of holly...

It's "boughs", not "balls".

Just tell them you never think about since you don't see it that much..

The rude ones are really just looking to get a rise out of me, I've found. So I give them what they want, though generally a little more than they expected, and let them move on with their foolishness.
I eventually got to where I ignore them completely.....My 'tude won't stand for the foolishness anymore and I will deck the halls with balls of holly...

It's "boughs", not "balls".
It's easier to hang a ball..

Whoever said "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" was full of shit.

It' a different type of hurt. A dull throbbing, with a weight attached to it. As they add up, the Soul gets burdened with thst extra weight, which is not easy to remove.

It is rude to comment at all about any abnormality on a stranger. They're the losers, Anathema.

You know it's very easy to say that, and I do agree with it, but I have to say that even knowing that, it hurts inside. It always has, from the time it was unknowing children my own age to intentional teasing, discrimination in dating, etc... throughout the years. At least in the past people tended to whisper it among themselves. Now it's as open as saying hello to someone in the grocery store. As much as I try to just let it all wash away like soap in the shower, I find that more and more it doesn't wash off as easily anymore, and many of the things from my younger years that I thought were gone, are still there in my Soul as well.
Whoever said "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me" was full of shit.
To some, truer words have never been spoken.

Some of you are aware that I have a full facial birthmark. For those who aren't, or who don't exactly know what that means... The skin on my face (ear to ear and from the corner of my lips over the crown of my skull) is purple.

In the recent past, I've endured an increasing number of obviously well-meaning Christians coming up to me in public places and, without even an introduction, uttering the phrase "I'll pray for you." This has always (43 years) happened to some degree, but it has now reached the point of being more than just a little annoying. The ones who approach my Puerto Rican wife and do it in Spanish are even more annoying.

Christians, have you ever thought that maybe some of us don't want your prayers and well-wishes? That maybe we don't need them to begin with? I understand you're trying to be nice, but in fact you are being incredibly insulting so far as I'm concerned. Especially since you don't know me at all. If you did, you'd know I want nothing from your God, and don't need it anyway.

[\rant]

You need to be patient with ignorance.
They mean well, so be the better person.

Forum List

Back