Getting rid of Wasps/ Bees Nests

manu1959 said:
i use the yellow wasp traps and set them at the perimiter of the yard and load them with bacon once a week.....then i place fabric soften sheets in cups on each table....then i lite citronella candels and place on on each table....
Are you trying to get rid of wasps or having a mass?

Manu's Church of the Killer Bees :)

killer_bees5.jpg

Bonnie said:
I did that a few years back with my Beetle population, those traps held tons of those critters.

I think I will try the traps, can't hurt. It seems like they just keep coming, Ill use the toxic stuff if the traps fail.

And if the tox stuff doesn't work, there's always the "nuclear option" (I hear that you can find an unused one in the Washington DC area --- cheap!):)

KarlMarx said:
And if the tox stuff doesn't work, there's always the "nuclear option" (I hear that you can find an unused one in the Washington DC area --- cheap!):)

Your a PIP Karl!! :)

Smoke them! My mom used to place the BBQ grill under the nest site when she'd cooked her famous ribs. It drove off the wasps; from there, she simply stepped up on her latter and manually cut off the nest.

A good way to get rid of nests in the ground is to carefully watch for the entrance.....once you know exactly where the bees (hornets) are going in/out you might even spray a dab of bright paint on it if possible cause you will do your work at night. Get a CLEAR plastic juice container and cut off and discard the narrow neck, you will be using the bottom portion that is shaped like a large drinking glass. Get a wheelbarrow or bucket of dirt. Wait til dark so all the bees are returned to the nest, carefully place the inverted juice container over the entry hole and seal off the edge well with the dirt. Even though the bees are in the ground they will not try to dig out as long as there is light at their entrance so make sure that the plastic container is not completely covered. During daylight hours you will see the bees in the container buzzing around but since they cant get out and since they see light,they wont dig out, they die in a few days. Usually a few bees return who were out and didnt return to the nest on the night you sealed it. They dont seem to be much of a problem. I have used this technique several times and it does work. Nests above the ground are a whole different problem.

Forum List

Back