Getting rid of minority voters

luddly-neddite said:

"All they care about is getting rid of the black guy."

If a totally lily-white guy had said that he wants to fundamentally transform America and that the energy prices will necessarily sky rocket, I would want to get rid of that guy, too.

It takes a racist to claim that this is a matter of skin color.

With the realization that 28% of the voters are minorities and they vote Democrat 70% of the time, the Grand Ole Party has to do something. Obviously, keeping them out of the voting booth is the simplest way to handle the problem. However with minorities becoming the new majority, that's not going to be a long term fix.

True. Republicans are clearly afraid to run on the issues alone, instead resorting to these shameful tactics.

Officials at the same time are defending a more controversial plan to remove as many as 182,000 suspected noncitizens from the state's voter rolls.

Suspected, not proven, non-citizen voters.

“Florida has a very shameful history of purging minority voters based on false information before presidential elections,” said Katherine Culliton-Gonzalez, director of voter protection projects for the Advancement Project, a Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit that works to protect voter rights.

“What’s happening now, is not only illegal but it’s inaccurate, Culliton-Gonzalez said. “There are actual citizens on these lists. So, what’s happening is completely counter to the fundamental principles of our democracy.”

Okay, are the investigations complete? How many dead voters actually voted?

OK as of Feb 2012 in the investigation there were 953 claims of fraudulent votes of those 953 due to the enormous numbers to be check in a partial review 207 ballots were looked at of the 207 ballots 197 was due too clerical errors, which leaves 10 of the 207 of 953 ballots.

http://www.npr.org/assets/news/2012/02/sec-releases-findings-on-dead-voters-investigation.pdf

And of those 10 remaining:

In 197 of these instances, the records show no indication of votes being cast fraudulently in the name of deceased voters. Research found each of these cases to be the result of clerical errors, bad data matching, errors in assigning voter participation, or voters dying after being issued an absentee ballot. In 10 cases, the records were insufficient to make a determination.

Meaning they can't prove those 10 remaining were fraudulent.

But that didn't stop the elections executive director from saying this:

“We are relieved to find that in more than 95% of the cases we examined, there is no indication that votes were cast fraudulently,” said Marci Andino, SEC Executive Director. “Even so, if even one illegal vote has been cast, that is one too many. We have presented our findings to the AG and SLED for review and to determine what further action may be necessary.”

Hahaha.

No it doesn't if it did they would have said so. but still there is 746 that as of the report have not been viewed.

OH is 95% acceptable to you? What's wrong with having 100% 0 Fraud?

Last edited:
With the realization that 28% of the voters are minorities and they vote Democrat 70% of the time, the Grand Ole Party has to do something. Obviously, keeping them out of the voting booth is the simplest way to handle the problem. However with minorities becoming the new majority, that's not going to be a long term fix.

True. Republicans are clearly afraid to run on the issues alone, instead resorting to these shameful tactics.

Officials at the same time are defending a more controversial plan to remove as many as 182,000 suspected noncitizens from the state's voter rolls.

Suspected, not proven, non-citizen voters.

“Florida has a very shameful history of purging minority voters based on false information before presidential elections,” said Katherine Culliton-Gonzalez, director of voter protection projects for the Advancement Project, a Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit that works to protect voter rights.

“What’s happening now, is not only illegal but it’s inaccurate, Culliton-Gonzalez said. “There are actual citizens on these lists. So, what’s happening is completely counter to the fundamental principles of our democracy.”

I haven't heard obama mentioning anything about his job performance. Now there's a reality check for you.

"The electoral system cannot inspire public confidence if no safeguards exist to deter or detect fraud or to confirm the identity of voters." That was the conclusion of the bipartisan Commission on Federal Election Reform, headed by former president Jimmy Carter and former secretary of State James Baker. The commission recommended stronger photo-identification requirements at the polls. Its logic was straightforward and convincing: Americans must show photo identification for all kinds of day-to-day activities, such as cashing checks or entering government buildings. The many photo ID requirements we encounter in our daily lives are legitimate, effective security measures. Securing the ballot box is just as important.

read more

OK as of Feb 2012 in the investigation there were 953 claims of fraudulent votes of those 953 due to the enormous numbers to be check in a partial review 207 ballots were looked at of the 207 ballots 197 was due too clerical errors, which leaves 10 of the 207 of 953 ballots.

http://www.npr.org/assets/news/2012/02/sec-releases-findings-on-dead-voters-investigation.pdf

In 197 of these instances, the records show no indication of votes being cast fraudulently in the name of deceased voters. Research found each of these cases to be the result of clerical errors, bad data matching, errors in assigning voter participation, or voters dying after being issued an absentee ballot. In 10 cases, the records were insufficient to make a determination.

“We are relieved to find that in more than 95% of the cases we examined, there is no indication that votes were cast fraudulently,” said Marci Andino, SEC Executive Director. “Even so, if even one illegal vote has been cast, that is one too many. We have presented our findings to the AG and SLED for review and to determine what further action may be necessary.”

Hahaha.

No it doesn't if it did they would have said so. but still there is 746 that as of the report have not been viewed.

They said, from you link:

"In 10 cases, the records were insufficient to make a determination." Which means that can't prove fraud in those last 10 cases. They won't even check the remaining 746. They don't want to be embarrassed.

You will never and have never had 100% fraud free votes and that's just due to people. If someone moves and votes in their old polling place with no evil intent, it is vote fraud. That stuff happens everywhere.

Hahaha.

"In 10 cases, the records were insufficient to make a determination." Which means that can't prove fraud in those last 10 cases. They won't even check the remaining 746. They don't want to be embarrassed.

You will never and have never had 100% fraud free votes and that's just due to people. If someone moves and votes in their old polling place with no evil intent, it is vote fraud. That stuff happens everywhere.

Which leaves 746 that as of the report have not been viewed.

Voter Purge, Minority Voting Rights Flashpoints Of New Showdown In Florida

So, uh, rw's ... even though the only cases of real voter fraud have been when silly Jimmy O'Keefe got caught, I s'pose you're all in favor of the r's using corruption and lies to get their puppet into office.

That is, if buying the presidency doesn't work.

Since buying the presidency worked for the bush regime, why do you think these scum have resorted to blatant voter suppression? Could it be for the same reason they threw out the Constitution and changed the rules of filibuster?

I mean, we can't just leave these things to the voters, right?

Laugh if you want but it pisses me off to watch the (%^%^$ GObP pounding nails in the coffin of the USofA while the idiot rw's applaud.

Yes we need to get rid of the minority voters but those dead people seem to come alive every election year when the democrats feel threaten about losing a major election.

I recommend salt mixed with wolvesbayne and silver.

Please give us some "credible" proof of dead people actually voting. Remember, I said "credible" proof.

Do you have credible proof that minorities are too stupid to obtain a legal ID card?

From your link:

"Columbia, SC (February 23, 2012) – The S.C. State Election Commission (SEC) today released the findings of a partial review of information provided by the S.C. Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) suggesting 953 votes were cast in the name of deceased voters. Due to the size and scope of the task of examining every claim, the review was limited to 207 cases related to the 2010 General Election."

If the scope and size were too large to do all 953, in February, what makes you think they will finish now. It's been over 3 months, how many of the remaining records have been checked as of today?

"All they care about is getting rid of the black guy."

I AM a minority.

Not a visible one, since I am about as white as one can be and not be held responsible for slavery.

I am an AUDIBLE minority. Came here in 1957, but try as I might I can't get rid of my accent.

Forget the fact that I proof read assays of university graduates whose mother tongue is English.

Forget that I went back to high school as a 25 year old adult student to get my diploma and some of my teachers were younger than I.

Forget the fact that I climbed out of the mines, the bushes and the factory floors.

Forget the fact that I became a computer programmer with the company I worked with for almost 40 years, who still uses my interactive applications.

But as soon as I open my mouth, the first question is where I came from.

I don't need any affirmative action to help me, since I am retired.

But, since I always had self-respect and pride I never needed it.

Let the pathetic freeloaders and beggars complain about not getting their fair share.

And conservatives are too blinded by partisanism to accept or understand that the issue isn’t ‘fraud’ per se, but the fact it is so rare as to have no impact on the outcome of any election.

Election officials should of course remain vigilant with regard to preventing fraud and ensuring the integrity of all elections, but the issue in no way warrants the excessive and illegal measures advocated by the partisan right.

From your link:

"Columbia, SC (February 23, 2012) – The S.C. State Election Commission (SEC) today released the findings of a partial review of information provided by the S.C. Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) suggesting 953 votes were cast in the name of deceased voters. Due to the size and scope of the task of examining every claim, the review was limited to 207 cases related to the 2010 General Election."

If the scope and size were too large to do all 953, in February, what makes you think they will finish now. It's been over 3 months, how many of the remaining records have been checked as of today?

Isn't that what I just said

953 - 207 = 746

And conservatives are too blinded by partisanism to accept or understand that the issue isn’t ‘fraud’ per se, but the fact it is so rare as to have no impact on the outcome of any election.

Election officials should of course remain vigilant with regard to preventing fraud and ensuring the integrity of all elections, but the issue in no way warrants the excessive and illegal measures advocated by the partisan right.

10 questionable ballots is not 100% is it? and that is a small portion of the unchecked ballots isn't it?

From your link:

Isn't that what I just said

953 - 207 = 746

They will never check the remaining 746. Never.

Forum List

Back