Getting Rid of Fake News OP's

There is a lot of fake news even in MSM these days. Carefully checking the facts has become the reader or viewer's job. Perhaps some of you are even noticing how NBC News takes you on an emotional narrative now? Trump doesn't denounce Jewish cemetery violence enough followed by some down trodden Jewish person's plight, then a feel good story about an elderly Jewish lady helping the community. Insert whatever minority or social group you want, it is now a formula.
That's not fake, though. It's just manipulative.

Just another layer of deceit.
It isn't deceit, though. Deceit includes intention to lie, which includes disseminating falsehoods. That's not false, it's just a one sided story. Since everyone on the right seems to be able to see straight through this kind of reporting, it's not a serious problem, right? Too bad the folks on the right can't see through Breitbart and InfoWars' equally obvious machinations on their side of the spectrum.

These are a subset of people who feel they are bringing balance to the lefty lies. Not excusing it, just stating a fact.

The board does get clogged up with shite. However in my experience the mods arent interested or are too busy to be bothered.

Maybe a warning system for regular offenders ?

There are a few who regularly post lies on here and I cant be arsed clicking on their shite.
Posted by a person who is an expert on posting lies. ;)

Very few people on this forum deliberately post lies. See Hanlon's Razor for more insight:
No, I can generally tell those who are stupid from those who are just downright liars. Its not difficult to judge a "fake" story, more or less all of us can do it if we are so minded.

The board does get clogged up with shite. However in my experience the mods arent interested or are too busy to be bothered.

Maybe a warning system for regular offenders ?

There are a few who regularly post lies on here and I cant be arsed clicking on their shite.
Posted by a person who is an expert on posting lies. ;)

Very few people on this forum deliberately post lies. See Hanlon's Razor for more insight:
No, I can generally tell those who are stupid from those who are just downright liars. Its not difficult to judge a "fake" story, more or less all of us can do it if we are so minded.
Add in "judge politically-biased asshats" and we're agreed 100%.

Dear Mods:

Its rarely worth the battle any longer that phony baloney is so common so I am hoping that the Mods will help get rid of the fake news OPs. This will likely mean a quarter of your posts in the politics forums so there is a risk.

But the upside would be getting more donations.

It would work like this. When someone posts a fake news story link that is easily re-buffed (meaning they should have researched it better before they posted it) in one of the serious forums like Politics, Current events, or what have you....anyone can "challenge" the OP by donating $5.00 to the USMB (or whatever amount you deem appropriate). They are directed to a form to fill out, they fill out the form citing the fake new story message (it could be the OP or any message). The Mods then do the following:

• They shut down the discussion for 24 hours or whatever is appropriate
  • They see how easy it is to debunk the OP by doing a Google search of their own or however the challenge is presented. The key is that it needs to be easy to debunk. If it takes more than a few clicks or some digging, maybe let it go; whatever the board standards are/should be is up to you guys, of course.
  • If they agree, they issue a decision saying so.
  • If they disagree, they issue a decision saying so.
  • They can re-open the thread or close it .
  • Maybe they can put an "X" over the person's avatar so everyone knows they have been cited for either posting garbage or making an azz of themselves by calling it fake news.
  • Then, if it keeps up, that member faces suspension.
That would no doubt run off all the libs.

th

*****CHUCKLE*****

:popcorn:

Forum List

Back