Getting A New Cell Phone - Need Input!

I am getting a new cell phone - the 2-year contract with Verizon is up, and it's time to go again.

I had wanted to get an iPhone, but that would mean switching to AT&T, and I'm not sure I want to do that. I hear the iPhone drops calls and also that their calling area is not as large as Verizon's. A pal of mine has the Droid and was demonstrating it. Apparently, it does everything the iPhone does - just has a slightly different appearance.

I would appreciate comments from folks who have either the iPhone or the Droid. What are the good points about these new phones?

More importantly, what are the negative points? Those are what I really want to hear about.

We have verizon. Hubby and I have the blackberry storm II, which is ok. The boy has a droid and loves it to pieces.... as does every adult i know who has one. i didn't get the iphone for the same reason. on saturday, i got the ipad though so i'll let you know how the at&t service works out with that.

i don't know any negatives about the droid.

If you can afford the Droid with an unlimited data plan, go for it.

I am so embarrassed! I went away and forgot about this thread. Apologies - and thanks to all who took the time to contribute.

I'm thinking Droid. I've been with Verizon for a long time, have an established account, etc. I have heard a lot of negative stuff about iPhone - mainly dropped calls. And this should be the clincher - the nice salesman at the Verizon store told me that Droid actually does everything iPhone does and MORE!

But seriously, folks - a major issue has to do with my car. I have an Acura that has a hands free phone setup. But you have to make sure that the phone you get works with your particular make and model of car - just having Bluetooth in the phone isn't enough; it still has to match up with your particular system

Acura is still testing the Droid. I understand there are four Droid models. The gal I talked to over the phone from the Acura phone section said her personal experience is that the Droid X and Droid 2 work OK, but not the Incredible, because X and 2 are Motorola phones while Incredible is not. OK.

My present contract isn't up until first week in December. I think I'm going to wait and see how the Acura testing comes out. She said 6 to 8 weeks.

Anyway, I'm thinkin' Droid.

Follower get the iphone. Free thinkers go with BlackBerry... their latest, the 9800, is too cool.

I have both. Blackberry sucks. iPhone rules. It is soooooooo much better than Blackberry, though admittedly, I don't have the newest BB gadget.

But I don't live in a big city where iPhone calls are dropped. I've never had a problem with dropped calls with my iPhone. But others have.

I am getting a new cell phone - the 2-year contract with Verizon is up, and it's time to go again.

I had wanted to get an iPhone, but that would mean switching to AT&T, and I'm not sure I want to do that. I hear the iPhone drops calls and also that their calling area is not as large as Verizon's. A pal of mine has the Droid and was demonstrating it. Apparently, it does everything the iPhone does - just has a slightly different appearance.

I would appreciate comments from folks who have either the iPhone or the Droid. What are the good points about these new phones?

More importantly, what are the negative points? Those are what I really want to hear about.

I just got my wife the new Droid 2 a few weeks ago. She absolutely loves it and she was set on the iPhone at first. I convinced her the Droid is the way to go.:)

Been with AT&T for year. It was Bellsouth, then Cingular, and now AT&T. Rarely if ever have I had a dropped call.
My brother has Verizon and has dropped calls. I think part of it is where you live too.

Love my BlackBerry, but my contract is up, and thinking of getting something different, but not sure what..

EVO on Sprint. I'm using it to post this. It's a hoot. Too fucking sensitive, but it will do anything...has a camcorder...a shitload of free apps...a lithium (no memory) battery...sync with any number of email accounts...GPS...maps...

You won't regret it.
Agreed

Sprint's coverage area is awesome too

:cool:

Does anyone really use the GPS or maps? I have it, and never use it.:redface::redface:

Got my new phone today...LG 5600.

No fancy-pantsy gotta-fiddle-with-it-24-7 tricorder phone for this little black duck. :)

Mine's even more basic than yours. :lol: I use it to make and receive phone calls, have no need for any of the other bells and whistles.
(When they come out with a death ray attachment I might consider upgrading.)

Forum List

Back