Getting a knife sharp.

Crixus

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2015
BFE Texas.
I found a pretty easy to do this. I was given one of those “work sharp” electric knife sharpeners. I heard about them for years but never wanted to long up the cash for one when I do just fine on a bench stone. It’s not really any faster, some but not much. It corrects a bad edge angle and they even come with diffrent grits of little belts so you can get it really sharp. It’s really handy in the kitchen as I don’t have to sharpen my best half’s knives anymore. She has scalpel sharp knives in about three passes. They come in diffrent models, but this plane Jane model is just fine.

B240E3CD-3863-4ECD-9892-A45D65E1EE93.jpeg

I found a pretty easy to do this. I was given one of those “work sharp” electric knife sharpeners. I heard about them for years but never wanted to long up the cash for one when I do just fine on a bench stone. It’s not really any faster, some but not much. It corrects a bad edge angle and they even come with diffrent grits of little belts so you can get it really sharp. It’s really handy in the kitchen as I don’t have to sharpen my best half’s knives anymore. She has scalpel sharp knives in about three passes. They come in diffrent models, but this plane Jane model is just fine.

View attachment 186844
I use an electric knife sharpener and have for years as, despite my father and others trying to teach me on numerous occasions, all I accomplished by using a honing stone was making the knife more dull........ :lol:

View attachment 186844
I use an electric knife sharpener and have for years as, despite my father and others trying to teach me on numerous occasions, all I accomplished by using a honing stone was making the knife more dull........ :lol:

It took me forever to figure it out. This thing will correct a bad sharpening job in about 3 passes, and have a knife screaming sharp in about 20 minutes. Downside is that it will remove material fast. Not an activity to do when watching TV.

Forum List

Back