Getting a blow job in the oval office...

[Again..in the construct that was used..and that was vaginal intercourse..Clinton was not lying.

Gosh.

Impeachment refers to high crimes and misdemeanors..the Clinton impeachment trivalized the intent and purpose of this procedure. Completely and utterly. As did the impeachment of another Democrat, Andrew Johnson.

And what the fuck does Anita Hill have to do with the Clinton Impeachment?

Again, it was not just about what organs touched what organs. There were a whole bunch of questions about the relationship with Ms. Lewinsky (and others) he lied about. About whether he had given her gifts and how often he met with her.

And frankly, I don't know a single person who would get away with saying to his wife, "Well, honey, it wasn't like it was sex or anything, it was just a blow job!" Apply frying pan to head.

I thought I made it pretty clear. Clinton was happy to be one of those raking Clarance Thomas over the coals on the words of a delusional liar. The woman MUST ALWAYS BE BELIEVED. BUt he brought the full force of the US Presidency down on a lowly office worker he exposed himself to.

So no sympathy, man. Hoist on your own petard.

We are talking about legalities...not about what you..I or the chatter class views as "sex". If the context of sex was strict..such as vaginal intercourse..Clinton did not lie.

And the question was ridiculous is the first place.

not so big a deal now is it? Compared to all this mess and the Bush years, yeah, I think I will take the President who lied about a BJ over the BS that congress, the senate, the president and the ineptitude of all these politicians.

Clinton is the only one worth a crap in I don't know how long.

Lying about it is.... People go away to prison all the time for purjury.

Is a blowjob wrong? NO, its disrespectful to the Oval Office but, its not "wrong."

Lying to congress is tho....

Clinton was/is a coward.... If he had just been a man and allocated.....

Seriously?????

:lol::lol:

Both Reagan and George W. Bush provably LIED to congress.

Serious enough for an impeachment?

Difference between an honorable man and a scumbag -

Nixon. Caught "tape recording." Resigned like a man. The Honorable and right thing to do.

Clinton. Caught lying. Adultering. Not doing the job he was elected to do. Preferred oral over OBL.
Impeached, disbarred - still on a book tour. Scumbag.

Really?

Watergate" redirects here. For other uses, see Watergate (disambiguation).
Watergate

Events
Timeline
1972 presidential election
Watergate burglaries
Watergate tapes
"Saturday Night Massacre"
United States v. Nixon
Inauguration of Gerald Ford
People
Richard Nixon

Conspirators
John Dean
John Ehrlichman
H. R. Haldeman
E. Howard Hunt
Egil Krogh
G. Gordon Liddy
Jeb Magruder
John N. Mitchell
"Watergate Seven"
Judicial
Archibald Cox
John Sirica
L. Patrick Gray
Journalists
Carl Bernstein
Bob Woodward
Informants
W. Mark Felt ("Deep Throat")
Groups
Committee for the Re-Election
of the President (CRP)
"White House Plumbers"
Senate Watergate Committee
v · d · e

The Watergate scandal was a political scandal during the 1970s in the United States resulting from the break-in of the Democratic National Committee headquarters at the Watergate office complex in Washington, D.C. Effects of the scandal eventually led to the resignation of the President of the United States, Richard Nixon, on August 9, 1974, the only resignation of any U.S. President. It also resulted in the indictment, trial, conviction and incarceration of several Nixon administration officials.

The affair began with the arrest of five men for breaking and entering into the Democratic National Committee (DNC) headquarters at the Watergate complex on June 17, 1972. The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) connected the payments to the burglars to a slush fund used by the 1972 Committee to Re-elect the President.[1][2] As evidence mounted against the president's staff, which included former staff members testifying against them in an investigation conducted by the Senate Watergate Committee, it was revealed that President Nixon had a tape recording system in his offices and that he had recorded many conversations.[3][4] Recordings from these tapes implicated the president, revealing that he had attempted to cover up the break-in.[2][5] After a series of court battles, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the president had to hand over the tapes; he ultimately complied.

Facing near-certain impeachment in the House of Representatives and a strong possibility of a conviction in the Senate, Nixon resigned the presidency on August 9, 1974.[6][7] His successor, Gerald Ford, issued a pardon to President Nixon after his resignation.

Watergate scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sounds real honorable.

I got my first BJ in the back of the church bus on the way to a youth retreat.

Just thought I'd throw that in.

not so big a deal now is it? Compared to all this mess and the Bush years, yeah, I think I will take the President who lied about a BJ over the BS that congress, the senate, the president and the ineptitude of all these politicians.

Were you blinded by BJ's too tbor? Clinton all but ignored the first attack on the WTC. He was diddling Monica and bombing Yugoslavia while the 9-11 terrorists were attending flight school in his backyard. He authorized the military to attack Waco Texas with tanks, helicopters and poison gas and then hid for a couple of days and let big dumb Janet Reno take the blame. His ass't A.G. (Obama's A.G. today) Eric Holder arranged for the pardon one of the top ten FBI most wanted and the worst corporate pirate at the time in exchange for a donation to the Clinton library. Enron and a dozen crooked dot-com companies flurished under Clinton's administration. Clinton was a fool, a degenerate and a crook.

Bullshit. He did it to win an election and HAD NO LEGAL STANDING TO DO SO. It's UNCONSTITUTIONAL to negotiate with enemies of the United States. Legalities ASIDE? What the fuck does that mean? We are either a nation of laws or we aren't.

Gee, I'm not sure if you are profoundly ignorant or just confusing similar issues or are just paranoid.

To recap. Accusations were made a decade after the fact that Reagan and Bush had conspired with Iran to keep the hostages after the election. It was sheer, unadulterated bullshit, but the Democrats insisted on a special prosecutor, who quickly determined it was bullshit.

This was quite different from the "Iran-Contra" deal, which happened AFTER the 1984 election, where Reagan traded arms for hostages in Lebanon.

As president, he had every right and power to negotiate with other sovereign powers. So this isn't even an issue. The ban on arms sales to Iran (and keep in mind, we didn't sell them the weapons, the Israelis did) was an executive ban, which the president had a legal right to overturn, if needed.

We are talking about legalities...not about what you..I or the chatter class views as "sex". If the context of sex was strict..such as vaginal intercourse..Clinton did not lie.

And the question was ridiculous is the first place.

No, he lied about having sex with her.
He lied about giving her gifts.
He lied about instructing her how to testify when deposed.
He lied about when he met her, and what the nature of their relationship was.

Was it ridiculous? Absolutely. So was taking a nuscience lawsuit and making it a constitutional crisis, which is what this guy did when he couldn't separate his personal conduct from his official conduct.

Clinton was impeached for bullshit.

Reagan committed treason, violated the constitution and broke the law. No republican wanted him impeached.

Bush violated the constitution and broke the law. No republican wanted him impeached.

Republicans were rabid for impeachment..they got it..and couldn't remove him from office. Just like the last democrat they impeached. And over bullshit.

You really want to go there.

Reagan traded obsolete weapons to a regime in order to secure their help with securing the release of hostages from a third party after two of the hostages were brutally murdered. Legalities aside, he did what he did for the right reasons, trying to safeguard American lives.

That's an odd spin on what really happened: He sold arms to a terrorist-supporting nation and used those funds to illegally fund a terrorist group.

Reagan traded obsolete weapons to a regime in order to secure their help with securing the release of hostages from a third party after two of the hostages were brutally murdered. Legalities aside, he did what he did for the right reasons, trying to safeguard American lives.

That's an odd spin on what really happened: He sold arms to a terrorist-supporting nation and used those funds to illegally fund a terrorist group.

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. Besides, there was never any evidence uncovered that ANYONE other than North and Pointdexter knew about the "Contra" end of that deal, and Lawrence Walsh spent six years and 43 million trying to prove just that.

(At least Starr had proven there WAS a blow job!)

So let's look at it in context. Iran and Iraq had been at war since 1980. Most of the world was selling to both sides, including the Russians and the French. We weren't that much because we think of arms sales as an extention of our foreign policy rather than as just straight up commerce.

We actually had a vested interest in Iraq not winning that war. Our policy was to play Iran and Iraq off against each other.

So you had a sitatution where there were hostages in Lebanon, two of them, a CIA station chief named Buckley and a US Marine Colonel named Higgins, were executed by their captors. They had about six others. Impractical to launch a rescue mission, but the Iranians say, "Hey, give us some missiles, we'll get them out."

Now, since we don't do the sensible thing and glass their cities when they pull shit like this, we have to occassionally play their games. Frankly, I'd rather not. The whole Middle East is a snake pit, and we get bit every time we stick our hands in.

The Republicans saved him... His agenda is no different from Obama's.
He also started the massive Global economy that has China where it is. After all, It was China who financed Mr. Fucking snake Communist Clinton..
Do some research............ The Clintons are America's worst nightmare!

What Clinton did was wrong wrong wrong. He cheated on his wife, received sexual favors from a subordinate in the workplace, and he lied about it to the American people. He also probably committed perjury, though it would be difficult to prove in a court of law (and would never have been pursued if not for his political enemies). He shouldn't have been impeached, though-- I don't think lying about a matter not directly related to the public interest should constitute a high crime or misdemeanor. He suffered impeachment but escaped conviction not solely because of the pseudolegalistic analysis of events but because of their politics.

It wasn’t to the Senate at the time, either.

Yeah, it was the advent of the Age of the Moronic Partisan Republican – the president signs welfare reform into law and balances the Federal budget and he ends up impeached for being a democrat.

Actually, he was impeached for breaking the law, and the conventions of good behavior.

Weiner, Wu, Sanford, I could make a whole list of politicians caught cheating on their wives or otherwise engaging in bad behavior. both Democrats and Republicans. And under MOST cases, they eventually end up resigning.

Clinton should have resigned, and he refused to, and the impeachment remedy is too difficult to attain.

I would say, though, that if Obama were caught doing that, a lot of the old boys in the Senate would be the first to turn on him, and he'd be gone.

Clinton was impeached for bullshit.

Reagan committed treason, violated the constitution and broke the law. No republican wanted him impeached.

Bush violated the constitution and broke the law. No republican wanted him impeached.

Republicans were rabid for impeachment..they got it..and couldn't remove him from office. Just like the last democrat they impeached. And over bullshit.

Apparently Obama is running in the same lane.. Lets get him the fuck out now!

I couldn't care less about the blow job. What I do care about, however, is the fact that Clinton enacted:

Free trade w/ China

Gramm-Leach-Bliley

Clinton has more to do with our struggling economy than either W or Barack.

The other half of Clinton's plan- free trade- was education and training to prepare the work force for tech and science jobs- Pubs did away with that- cost money and they like 'em ignorant...College AND health costs doubled under Boooosh...Great job Georgie- amazing how the country went to hell in 8 years...

Monica seduced Bill, and I thought gentlemen were supposed to lie about such things...gd waste of time. And the GLB was a Pub bill...fcs.
The Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act (GLB), also known as the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999, (Pub.L. 106-102, 113 Stat. 1338, enacted November 12, 1999) is an act of the 106th United States Congress (1999–2001). It was signed into law by President Bill Clinton and it repealed part of the Glass–Steagall Act of 1933, opening up[clarification needed] the market among banking companies, securities companies and insurance companies. The Glass–Steagall Act prohibited any one institution from acting as any combination of an investment bank, a commercial bank, and an insurance company.

The Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act allowed commercial banks, investment banks, securities firms, and insurance companies to consolidate.

Monica seduced Bill, and I thought gentlemen were supposed to lie about such things...gd waste of time. And the GLB was a Pub bill...fcs.
The Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act (GLB), also known as the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999, (Pub.L. 106-102, 113 Stat. 1338, enacted November 12, 1999) is an act of the 106th United States Congress (1999–2001). It was signed into law by President Bill Clinton and it repealed part of the Glass–Steagall Act of 1933, opening up[clarification needed] the market among banking companies, securities companies and insurance companies. The Glass–Steagall Act prohibited any one institution from acting as any combination of an investment bank, a commercial bank, and an insurance company.

The Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act allowed commercial banks, investment banks, securities firms, and insurance companies to consolidate.

I have to give Clinton a lot of credit. He made me give up cigars.:lol:

Amen!

The other half of Clinton's plan- free trade- was education and training to prepare the work force for tech and science jobs- Pubs did away with that- cost money and they like 'em ignorant...College AND health costs doubled under Boooosh...Great job Georgie- amazing how the country went to hell in 8 years...

Let me be the first Rep to tall ya... You're Right about Bush. He's a Fucking RINO..
Just like his old man. Consider him a Democrat who paved the way for Obama and a deeper liberal agenda.

2012 election of a Rep will prove to be much different and a whole lot better for all of us.

Blues

Forum List

Back