Get your shingles shot, oldsters.

I never heard of a shot for it until very recently. Didn't know what shingles was until a few years ago and it was the most painful thing I ever went through, like a spear in my body. After the first prescription ran out I started eating Ibuprofen like candy. I'm leery of preventative shots, never took the flu one but I would have taken the shingles shot knowing what I know now.
Go get one. I never had a flu shot in my life until last month. Figured I am getting older and damn sure don't need a nasty assed flu like I had 2 years ago. Almost killed me. And I was lucky when I got the shingles the first time cuz it wasn't too bad. I don't want a second time, though. Your local pharmacy can give it to you just like the docs office will. If you are on medicare like Mr. Gracie, it cost him 3 bucks for the shingles shot.

Coincidentally, I had this very conversation with my siblings (ages 70 and 72) over the weekend. They both got shingles, experienced excruciating pain for several weeks, and yet they both had shingles shots. Their doctors told them that if they hadn't had the shots it would have been worse. My father in law - a tough bastard if ever there was one - was kicked in the ass by his occasional bouts with shingles. He was immobilized with pain for days at a time.

Yes, if you even think you might have had chicken pox as a child, you must get a shingles shot.

Go get one.
Yup. Good Choice.

Forum List

Back