Get the troops out...

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
OK. We've killed the asshole. We did what we were there to do. Now it's time to get our troops out of Pakistan and because they have been even bigger assholes than Bin Laden, we should completely cut off their foreign aid too. There's no way you can make me believe that the government of Pakistan didn't know he was there. Fuck them. We've been played like a fiddle. Who's with me on this?

OK. We've killed the asshole. We did what we were there to do. Now it's time to get our troops out of Pakistan and because they have been even bigger assholes than Bin Laden, we should completely cut off their foreign aid too. There's no way you can make me believe that the government of Pakistan didn't know he was there. Fuck them. We've been played like a fiddle. Who's with me on this?

I wish it was that easy but the truth is this war has stopped being about Bin Laden for quite some time now, the Taliban and other Militants we are fighting now are fighting us not to protect Bin Laden but for totally different reasons, and we are also deeply invested in rebuilding that shit hole and training their Military and Police, which is going to be a total failure in the long run anyways. Although it is good the bastards dead, the reality is this really doesn't have that much effect on our operations on the ground in Afghanistan or the region for that matter.

We really need to get out of there now, though. It's time to leave and concentrate on the USA and protecting it's borders for the next Osama Wannabe.

We really need to get out of there now, though. It's time to leave and concentrate on the USA and protecting it's borders for the next Osama Wannabe.

Well a drawdown is scheduled for the summer I believe but as far as all our soldiers being gone I don't see that anytime soon, unfortunatly we have commited ourselves to rebuilding Afghanistan and that is no easy task, I know our withdrawal date from Iraq is at the end of the year, for Afghanistan they have a 2014-2015 date scheduled I believe.

Too much Lithium there for us to get out, they say 1 trillion dollars worth. Lithium is in many things that we use everyday, like cell phones for one. They also gotta make sure that the natural gas pipeline is completed first. :eusa_whistle: ~BH

Hell, no! We took out their figurehead. Now let's make them all martyrs. Instead of fighting the Taliban, let's go and track down every fucking one of them and send them to Allah. Everywhere. Whether they are in Afghanistan, Iraq, or fucking Washington DC.

Go get 'em Barak.

With Bin Laden's death, an argument can be made that the U.S. mission has been accomplished and that, while there may be room for some special-operations counterterrorism forces, the need for U.S. troops in Afghanistan no longer exists.

It is difficult to ignore the fact that bin Laden was killed, not in Afghanistan, but deep within Pakistani borders. Also, with tensions in the Persian Gulf building in the lead-up to the withdrawal of U.S. forces from Iraq, ending the war in Afghanistan critically releases U.S. forces for operations elsewhere.

I would not be at all surprised to see a staged withdrawal from Afghanistan.

What was viewed as a war of necessity is now a war of choice. The 2012 budget request for Afghanistan is 112 billion. Are we getting our money's worth? I think not. We could sink a trillion dollars into this war and still not root out all the terrorist. There are now more terrorist in Pakistan than Afghanistan.

We could move out the bulk of our forces within a year leaving a force of 10,000 to assist in training and to supplement Afghan forces. That would save us 70 billion.

Last edited:
When we entered Afghanistan, their GNP was 2 billion dollars. It's now 14 billion, due primary to US spending. That works out to about $500/person. When we move out they're going to be hurting if we don't continue to support their economy.

Forum List

Back