Get Ready For This: Liberal San Francisco Now Considers To Ban 'Male Circumcision'

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
First Happy Meals from McDonalds and now male circumcision.......Yikes. Seriously my fellow Americans. This proves again that liberalism is a disease and California is seriously infected with it. I am truly at a loss for words over this but do any of you agree with this move?

San Francisco Considers Ban on Male Circumcision

(Nov. 12) -- Fresh off their city's banning of Happy Meals, some San Francisco residents want to put a stop to another cruelty inflicted upon young children: male circumcision.

"A proposed ballot measure for the November 2011 ballot -- when voters will be electing San Francisco's next mayor -- would amend The City's police code 'to make it a misdemeanor to circumcise, excise, cut or mutilate the foreskin, testicle or penis of another person who has not attained the age of 18,'" The San Francisco Examiner reports.

More in link above:

Last edited:
Well somebody will support this somewhere.

Why do people feel that there needs to be a law made regarding every little damn detail about peoples lives?

Don't like it? Don't do it.

Tell the government to mind it's own damn business.

Why do people feel that there needs to be a law made regarding every little damn detail about peoples lives?

True I do not support circumcision, but I am even more against a law banning it.

It is a strange custom as if man is saying that god made man imperfect and he requires mutilation.

I figure it began due to veneral disease and poor hygene. Anyone know? Are Christians/jews the only ones to practice it as a routine thing?

My main thing against it is that it is done to infants without their consent and is almost never required to correct a problem.

Last edited:
LMAO I am against infant circumcision and that makes me antisemetic?
I have nothing against semetic people.
to be honest though I do have some issues with the natrion of Israel.

I have to admit I saw the thread title and said USARM Ret. is whacked, he misread or is just waaay out of the ballpark.....then I read the link.

and hey at 56% wow are we way over the norm or what:lol:..so we must conform!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

take one red and two blue, be happy be productive, don't touch your kids weewee......unbelievable.

Give them another 10 years they will own us in the womb.

and what if that Jewish couple wants their child circumcised according to religious precept?

Circumcision is a barbaric Jewish custom whose time has passed.

:lol: There is an actual reason for circumcision--and it has something to do with disease and infection. That's why 99% of the male babies born in the U.S. have it done. And if they wait until they are older--believe me--it's much more painful.

But--Medicade is going to stop paying for circumcisions--I know my daughter is a Pediatrician who performs circumcisions--and many of her patients are on Medicade.

So we will have clinics that will do it--but parents on Medicade will be paying out of pocket for it.

True I do not support circumcision, but I am even more against a law banning it.

It is a strange custom as if man is saying that god made man imperfect and he requires mutilation.

I figure it began due to veneral disease and poor hygene. Anyone know? Are Christians/jews the only ones to practice it as a routine thing?

My main thing against it is that it is done to infants without their consent and is almost never required to correct a problem.

It was a common ancient practice even as early as Ancient Egypt.

There are evidences for plus and minus sides of it.

As for the religious aspect, it was used by the Jews as a sign of the covenant between the Most High and Israel.

As for infant consent, parental rights trump those those of an infant in health related cases, as they should.

A parent has the right to pierce an infant girls ear, or not too. The infant has no say. Many people feel it is healthier to have their child circumcised.

First Happy Meals from McDonalds and now male circumcision.......Yikes. Seriously my fellow Americans. This proves again that liberalism is a disease and California is seriously infected with it. I am truly at a loss for words over this but do any of you agree with this move?

San Francisco Considers Ban on Male Circumcision

(Nov. 12) -- Fresh off their city's banning of Happy Meals, some San Francisco residents want to put a stop to another cruelty inflicted upon young children: male circumcision.

"A proposed ballot measure for the November 2011 ballot -- when voters will be electing San Francisco's next mayor -- would amend The City's police code 'to make it a misdemeanor to circumcise, excise, cut or mutilate the foreskin, testicle or penis of another person who has not attained the age of 18,'" The San Francisco Examiner reports.

More in link above:

So they have created the "Fat police" and are trying to get between parents and Pediatricians regarding what's best for their male children--:lol:

What else can we expect from people who keep sending Nancy Pelosi back to congress:clap2:

I have to admit I saw the thread title and said USARM Ret. is whacked, he misread or is just waaay out of the ballpark.....then I read the link.

and hey at 56% wow are we way over the norm or what:lol:..so we must conform!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

take one red and two blue, be happy be productive, don't touch your kids weewee......unbelievable.

Give them another 10 years they will own us in the womb.

and what if that Jewish couple wants their child circumcised according to religious precept?

Ten more years of this shit and San Fran will be a jobless dried up useless wasteland.

And by the way, they ALREADY own you, and their planning on selling you off to China to pay the national debt.

It's a barbaric custom that harms a child physically and possibly psychologically (and makes sex less enjoyable for them throughout life) not performed for medical benefit and when they don't have the opportunity to consent.

However, I think on balance it's more important to preserve the right to do it as a respect to freedom of religion because of the relative demonstrated harm to the child vs. the relative harm to the free exercise of religious customs/practices.

People shouldn't do it, but I don't think the government has the right to ban it.

As a thought exercise at least though, how many people here would support or oppose a ban on female circumcision in America or a city/state which is a religious and cultural custom among some practitioners of Islam?

Last edited:
I'm against circumcision. It is on the decline, thankfully.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/17/health/research/17circ.html?_r=1&ref=health

It was a practical health measure in the sandy desert where the Israelites resided. Sand would get under the foreskin and irritate and cause problems.

In the U.S. it became popularized in the 1920s with the anti-masturbation hysteria of the time.It was thought to reduce the urge to masturbate. It decreased the need for personal hygiene, making it supposedly easier for a man to ignore his penis.

Circumcision spread in several English-speaking nations from the late nineteenth century, with the introduction of anaesthia and antisepsis rapidly expanding surgical practice.[6] Doctors such as Sir Jonathan Hutchinson in England wrote articles in favour of the procedure.[39] Peter Charles Remondino, a San Diego physician, wrote a History of Circumcision from the Earliest Times to the Present: Moral and Physical Reasons for Its Performance (1891), to promote circumcision.[40] Lewis Sayre, a prominent orthopedic surgeon at the time, was another early American advocate.[40] However, the theories on which many early claims were made, such as the reflex theory of disease and the alleged harmful effects of masturbation, have long since been abandoned by the medical profession.[40]

Dr. John Harvey Kellogg recommended circumcision of boys caught masturbating, writing: "A remedy for masturbation which is almost always successful in small boys is circumcision, especially when there is any degree of phimosis. The operation should be performed by a surgeon without administering anaesthetic, as the pain attending the operation will have a salutary effect upon the mind, especially if it be connected with the idea of punishment." (page 295) But he was opposed to routine circumcision of infants: "It is doubtful, however, whether as much harm as good does not result from circumcision, since it has been shown by extensive observation among the Jews that very great contraction of the meatus, or external orifice of the urethra, is exceedingly common among them, being undoubtedly the result of the prolonged irritation and subsequent cicatricial contraction resulting from circumcision in infancy."

Ridiculous. Are people insane? Edited For Content And Wild Life Preservation. ;)

So you would think that government should not be in peoples lives, and really, this is a religious issue. Should not be in a religious issue.

I agree, frisco is over the edge. This is a federal issue, just like it was for the Morons in Salt Lake polygamy, and down in LA years back they banded an Egyptian religion based on a female priestess initiation ceremony. And what of those snake dancers? Tsk! Hell, gov. is blind to the nude baptists.

Last edited:
The US is one of the only countries left where circumcision is commonly practiced.

Last edited:
As a thought exercise at least though, how many people here would support or oppose a ban on female circumcision in America or a city/state which is a religious and cultural custom among some practitioners of Islam?

Nobody bothered to answer this question so I'm going to draw it out of the larger post and hope someone will answer it.

In my opinion, genital mutilation is genital mutilation whether it be a penis or vagina.

Forum List

Back