Get Profiling or Get Cancer

So how many flights per day go into Israel as compared to the United States? To deal with the massive number of people here by profiling them all using those guidelines, no one would go anywhere. Air travel time would slow to a crawl.

That's a legitimate point....it will take time and effort...but think of all the new job openings for ex-cops....

More government employees? Yeah, right. Then you'd bitch about that.

Not when it comes to protecting America....

They could hire a lot of ex-military too...

You believe the government and the TSA? hahahaha I'll bet you believe Al Gore's global warming too...

If they're so safe.....tell me why the producers won't guarantee your safety?

Yes, everyone in authority just makes shit up to piss you off and make it hard for YOU to fly. Grow up, would ya? Everything isn't always about YOU.

Damn right it's about ME......I'm an independent individual American with a right to speak.....not just another number of the socialized masses....

....besides....why is Europe not using the scanners........?

Why don't you do some reading on your own for a change and answer your own questions? As for being all about YOU and YOUR independence, then the next time you have to wait in a long line at an airport, I suggest you raise hell about your FREEDOM being taken away, and see how far that gets you when the actions being taken are in fact to SECURE your freedom. Too hard for you to grasp?

Yes, everyone in authority just makes shit up to piss you off and make it hard for YOU to fly. Grow up, would ya? Everything isn't always about YOU.

Damn right it's about ME......I'm an independent individual American with a right to speak.....not just another number of the socialized masses....

....besides....why is Europe not using the scanners........?

Why don't you do some reading on your own for a change and answer your own questions? As for being all about YOU and YOUR independence, then the next time you have to wait in a long line at an airport, I suggest you raise hell about your FREEDOM being taken away, and see how far that gets you when the actions being taken are in fact to SECURE your freedom. Too hard for you to grasp?

That's exactly why I'm speaking here in the proper forum.......grasp that....

Have you had your dose today? Body scanners are a health risk.

Infusing your body with radiation isn't exactly healthy....WHY should innocent people suffer both health risks AND indignities in order to fly when there are effective alternatives?

INSTEAD let's get busy with an effective intelligent PROFILING security system and keep government HANDS OFF the 99.99% of innocent travelers...

resized_full_body_scan.jpg

The article is nonsense. First of all, there are two types of full body scanners being tested and used at airports, both of which are capable of giving photo quality images of the body surface - yes, including the genitals - and anything attached to the clothing, and only one of them uses x-rays. The other one is the millimeter wave scanner.

TSA Tests Millimeter Wave Screening at Phoenix Sky Harbor | Air Safety Week | Find Articles at BNET

The other scanner is the backscatter x-ray scanner, which works on an altogether different principle from other x-ray equipment.

As to safety:

The other issue besides privacy that has surrounded backscatter X-raying has to do with radiation exposure. Most of us do not get X-rayed on a regular basis; and when we do get X-rayed in a hospital or doctor's office, we've got a lead vest thrown over our vital organs. But at airports, there's no lead vest. So are people who travel a lot going to be subjected to dangerous levels of radiation if they get backscattered too often? Most experts say no. According to the Health Physics Society (HPS), a person undergoing a backscatter scan receives approximately 0.005 millirems (mrem, a unit of absorbed radiation). American Science and Engineering, Inc., actually puts that number slightly higher, in the area of .009 mrem. According to U.S. regulatory agencies, 1 mrem per year is a negligible dose of radiation, and 25 mrem per year from a single source is the upper limit of safe radiation exposure. Using the HPS numbers, it would take 200 backscatter scans in a year to reach a negligible dose -- 1 mrem -- of radiation. You receive 1 mrem from three hours on an airplane, from two days in Denver or from three days in Atlanta. And it would take 5,000 scans in a year to reach the upper limit of safety. A traveler would have to get 100 backscatter scans per week, every week, for a year, in order to be in real danger from the radiation. Few frequent flyers fly that frequently.

HowStuffWorks "Do backscatter X-ray systems pose a risk to frequent fliers?"

You believe the government and the TSA? hahahaha I'll bet you believe Al Gore's global warming too...

If they're so safe.....tell me why the producers won't guarantee your safety?

Perhaps for the same reason Haines doesn't guarantee the safety of their T shirts.

Who besides Mr. Jerkoff says profiling is not effective? Tell that to the Israelis....

Sure...it would have worked great with the Washington snipers and the anthrax mailer eh?

Random checks 'as effective' as terrorist profiling - science-in-society - 02 February 2009 - New Scientist
...a statistical model for examining rare events suggests that some limited profiling by ethnicity or nationality is useful in apprehending terrorists, but too great a dependence on profiling passengers is ineffective.

“We have been told that strong profiling will somehow find and siphon off the worst offenders and we’ll be safe,” Dr. Press said. “It’s not true. The math does not support that.”

In addition, you avoid the central issue: if indeed full body scanners pose a cancer risk then what right do you have to force a certain demographic group of innocent people to take greater health risks then the rest of the population? Kind of reminiscent of Tuskegee.

So what right do they have to force everybody......?

That's another issue.

You're talking about selecting one group of innocent people and telling them tough shit - you have risk getting cancer because of the way you look so the rest of us don't.

I worked with a bosnian muslim and she is white. white white white....how is she going to be profiled?

No it wouldn't....because good profiling would catch anyone who smells like a threat....those two would probably give off tells that any pro could spot...

Have you ever been in an airport before?

Have you ever seen airport security?

They are a step up from a mall cop.

1232059083671_paul_blart_mall_cop.jpg

And by step up...I mean step up in pay ONLY.

That's why I advocate getting rid of all the "mall cops" who think they are "security" at the airports....

We need to get real professionals doing the job...

And just how do we do this in other countries around the world?

We are global in regards to air travel, not just in trade and economy.

Sure...it would have worked great with the Washington snipers and the anthrax mailer eh?

Random checks 'as effective' as terrorist profiling - science-in-society - 02 February 2009 - New Scientist

In addition, you avoid the central issue: if indeed full body scanners pose a cancer risk then what right do you have to force a certain demographic group of innocent people to take greater health risks then the rest of the population? Kind of reminiscent of Tuskegee.

So what right do they have to force everybody......?

That's another issue.

You're talking about selecting one group of innocent people and telling them tough shit - you have risk getting cancer because of the way you look so the rest of us don't.

As opposed to telling everybody tough shit.....? Live with the radiation? You gotta fly once a week? Just tell everybody too frikkin bad if you don't like 8 body scans per month....? or 50 scans per year....

You are being idiotically selective by jumping to protect a select minority from which the enemy notoriously rears his ugly head before considering the vast numbers of innocents...tell me....if someone gave all indications of being a bomber what would you do if the only effective way to check him out was to do a scan? Would you say no because it might give him some radiation...? Or would you be realistic, given the circumstances?

Keep in mind I think we can avoid repeatedly scanning anyone....most people (even those superficially suspicious) will be legit and be able to prove it.....and that I think there are plenty of ways to thoroughly check out any suspicious people without ever having to resort to a body scan...gosh....what did people ever do before body scanners.....:lol:

The government is just jumping on anything they can for a quick fix....instead of doing the real work that is needed...

Have you ever been in an airport before?

Have you ever seen airport security?

They are a step up from a mall cop.

1232059083671_paul_blart_mall_cop.jpg

And by step up...I mean step up in pay ONLY.

That's why I advocate getting rid of all the "mall cops" who think they are "security" at the airports....

We need to get real professionals doing the job...

And just how do we do this in other countries around the world?

We are global in regards to air travel, not just in trade and economy.

By having good profilers who investigate passenger lists and the people before boarding as well as armed guards on the planes.

Forum List

Back