Get out & vote!

Facts? You mean like the "fact" that JFK stole an election with blatant voter fraud in Chicago?

Or are you talking about the bullshit claims that your side has been making ever since Bush beat Gore in Florida and Kerry four years later?

The "fact" is, Deanie...that most people have to show two forms of ID to cash a freakin' check at their bank and do so every day but you think it's a GOP plot if they have to show ONE to vote in a national election!
The "fact" is, Deanie...that most people have to show two forms of ID to cash a freakin' check at their bank and do so every day but you think it's a GOP plot if they have to show ONE to vote in a national election!
If you compare a private business with the right to vote in this nation, you are MISTAKEN. And the Indiana lawsuit was a partisan effort, as noted in both the majority, and dissenting opinions.

I "compared" the two to show how monumentally stupid it is to maintain that it is a major imposition that people show valid ID to do something as important as to vote for who our leaders will be...when they have to show valid ID to rent a movie from Blockbuster!

Last edited:
the facts are just not on the rights side in this one.

That never stops the right

The scenario:

A very average liberal American voter goes to his/her local polling station and sees a person that they KNOW is not an American citizen enter a voting booth.

Do you nutters think that this average voter will allow this to happen or do you think he/she will report the offense?
They KNOW? How could anyone KNOW? If the supervisor allows them to receive a ballot, you should "report" them? Is spying on on neighbors REQUIRED?

Relax. They actually know the person. Take off that tin-foil hat for a minute.

I did not ask what SHOULD be done. I asked NUTTERS what they think the average liberal voter WOULD, IN FACT, do.

Facts? You mean like the "fact" that JFK stole an election with blatant voter fraud in Chicago?

Or are you talking about the bullshit claims that your side has been making ever since Bush beat Gore in Florida and Kerry four years later?

If you compare a private business with the right to vote in this nation, you are MISTAKEN. And the Indiana lawsuit was a partisan effort, as noted in both the majority, and dissenting opinions.

I "compared" the two to show how monumentally stupid it is to maintain that it is a major imposition that people show valid ID to do something as important as to vote for who our leaders will be...when they have to show valid ID to rent a movie from Blockbuster!
Thank God our country does not so compare:
Long ago, in Yick Wo v. Hopkins, 118 U.S. 356, 370, the Court referred to "the political franchise of voting" as a "fundamental political right, because preservative of all rights." Recently, in 118 U.S. 356, 370, the Court referred to "the political franchise of voting" as a "fundamental political right, because preservative of all rights." Recently, in Reynolds v. Sims, 377 U.S. 533, 561-562, we said,

Undoubtedly, the right of suffrage is a fundamental matter in a free and democratic society. Especially since the right to exercise the franchise in a free and unimpaired manner is preservative of other basic civil and political rights, any alleged infringement of the right of citizens to vote must be carefully and meticulously scrutinized.
Harper v. Virginia Board of Elections

The scenario:

A very average liberal American voter goes to his/her local polling station and sees a person that they KNOW is not an American citizen enter a voting booth.

Do you nutters think that this average voter will allow this to happen or do you think he/she will report the offense?
They KNOW? How could anyone KNOW? If the supervisor allows them to receive a ballot, you should "report" them? Is spying on on neighbors REQUIRED?

I did not ask what SHOULD be done. I asked NUTTERS what they think the average liberal voter WOULD, IN FACT, do.

To be honest, Laugher...I think many hardcore liberals would look the other way if they thought that person was going to cast a vote for Barry. The end justifies the means and all that...

Let me ask you...do you think Deanie would turn in that person if they were wearing an "Obama in 2012" tee shirt?

To be honest, Laugher...I think many hardcore liberals would look the other way if they thought that person was going to cast a vote for Barry. The end justifies the means and all that...

Let me ask you...do you think Deanie would turn in that person if they were wearing an "Obama in 2012" tee shirt?

I think you are so wrong that words can't express it. And I think "deanie" would turn that fucker in just as you would.

Thank God our country does not so compare:
Long ago, in Yick Wo v. Hopkins, 118 U.S. 356, 370, the Court referred to "the political franchise of voting" as a "fundamental political right, because preservative of all rights." Recently, in 118 U.S. 356, 370, the Court referred to "the political franchise of voting" as a "fundamental political right, because preservative of all rights." Recently, in Reynolds v. Sims, 377 U.S. 533, 561-562, we said,

Undoubtedly, the right of suffrage is a fundamental matter in a free and democratic society. Especially since the right to exercise the franchise in a free and unimpaired manner is preservative of other basic civil and political rights, any alleged infringement of the right of citizens to vote must be carefully and meticulously scrutinized.
Harper v. Virginia Board of Elections

You can quote caselaw until the cows come home, Peach and that won't change the fundamental absurdity of someone saying that asking for valid ID before letting someone vote is an infringement on the rights of citizens when those very same citizens are asked for valid ID for countless other activities every single day.

TURN IN? Sad....II'd report to the police any crime I witnessed, and would not care what the alleged individual(s) were WEARING.
any alleged infringement of the right of citizens to vote must be carefully and meticulously scrutinized.

I think you are so wrong that words can't express it. And I think "deanie" would turn that fucker in just as you would.

After reading Deanie's posts for as long as I have...I don't think for a second that Deanie would turn that person in. No, our little Deanie would rationalize not speaking up because it would neutralize GOP vote tampering or some other such nonsense.

After reading Deanie's posts for as long as I have...I don't think for a second that Deanie would turn that person in. No, our little Deanie would rationalize not speaking up because it would neutralize GOP vote tampering or some other such nonsense.

Whatever......do you consider "Deanie" to be an average liberal American voter? Or are you saying that the average liberal would do the right thing in this case?

I hate to point out the obvious here, Kiddies...but you suddenly expect the very same people who rationalized a man standing outside of a polling place holding a nightstick to do the right thing. That's amusing.

Whatever......do you consider "Deanie" to be an average liberal American voter? Or are you saying that the average liberal would do the right thing in this case?

I think that some liberals would in fact turn someone in that they knew was voting fraudulently even if that person was wearing an Obama tee shirt. I consider Deanie however to be a knee jerk liberal idiot who would find someway of excusing just about ANY behavior if it was going to lead to a vote for Barry.

I think that some liberals would in fact turn someone in that they knew was voting fraudulently even if that person was wearing an Obama tee shirt. I consider Deanie to be a knee jerk liberal idiot who would find someway of excusing just about ANY behavior if it was going to lead to a vote for Barry.

Well....your love fest with Deanie is irrelevant. You have shown yourself to be fairly knee-jerk yourself here.

I think that some liberals would in fact turn someone in that they knew was voting fraudulently even if that person was wearing an Obama tee shirt. I consider Deanie to be a knee jerk liberal idiot who would find someway of excusing just about ANY behavior if it was going to lead to a vote for Barry.

Well....your love fest with Deanie is irrelevant. You have shown yourself to be fairly knee-jerk yourself here.

Yeah, us conservatives that are pro-choice and don't have a problem with same sex marriage or stricter gun control laws are real "knee jerkers", Laugher! I pose a simple question of why it's "unreasonable" to ask for a valid form of ID to cast a vote when people are asked to provide multiple forms of ID to conduct everyday transactions and I'm a "knee jerk" conservative? That's amusing.

Yeah, us conservatives that are pro-choice and don't have a problem with same sex marriage or stricter gun control laws are real "knee jerkers", Laugher! I pose a simple question of why it's "unreasonable" to ask for a valid form of ID to cast a vote when people are asked to provide multiple forms of ID to conduct everyday transactions and I'm a "knee jerk" conservative? That's amusing.
I pose a simple question of why it's "unreasonable" to ask for a valid form of ID to cast a vote when people are asked to provide multiple forms of ID to conduct everyday transactions and I'm a "knee jerk" conservative? That's amusing.
Solely because the right to vote is fundamental; business transactions are by choice. Too many have died and been injured defending this nation to treat voting as a TRANSACTION.

I pose a simple question of why it's "unreasonable" to ask for a valid form of ID to cast a vote when people are asked to provide multiple forms of ID to conduct everyday transactions and I'm a "knee jerk" conservative? That's amusing.
Solely because the right to vote is fundamental; business transactions are by choice. Too many have died and been injured defending this nation to treat voting as a TRANSACTION.

Yes, the right to vote IS fundamental. That doesn't mean that we shouldn't protect that right by doing everything we can to make sure that people aren't voting improperly. The fact that someone can cancel out my vote with one that isn't legal annoys me. It should annoy you as well. But this is a political issue for the left. They don't want to lose the "idiot" voting block that can't seem to figure out how to obtain valid ID's no matter how accessible you make them.

No ID for No One.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkle8oadJJg]Oingo Boingo No Spill Blood - YouTube[/ame]

:eek:

I hate to point out the obvious here, Kiddies...but you suddenly expect the very same people who rationalized a man standing outside of a polling place holding a nightstick to do the right thing. That's amusing.

These people cannot recognize two separate points and how they don't go together.

Hell, if they had any sense i guess they wouldn't be liberals.

It's amusing that the liberals will claim that there is no voter fraud and that illegals aren't voting or that people aren't voting twice or more times yet they are staed fast against the one thing that would absolutely prevent that from happening. Only a twisted liberal mind can put nonsense like that together.

These people cannot recognize two separate points and how they don't go together.

Hell, if they had any sense i guess they wouldn't be liberals.

No, they wouldn't. Would they?

It's a nightmare. Is it not?

:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back