Get 'em while they are new and don't know better................

Just the other day I was watching VICE News on HBO, and came across a rather interesting article. Seems that the GOP down in El Paso TX goes to swearing in ceremonies, and as soon as the newly sworn in citizens exit the building, GOP volunteers swoop down on them, congratulate them for becoming new citizens and then offer them a new pocket Constitution. Only thing is, that pocket Constitution is in a package that tells them why they should join the GOP and also has a voter registration card to become a Republican. The video on this article is pretty interesting to watch.

They are doing this without telling them they are GOP volunteers. How do the rest of you feel about this?

Texas Republicans are recruiting immigrants minutes after they become citizens

EL PASO, Texas — What do you do if you're the county Republican Party in El Paso, where the population is Hispanic and President Trump is wildly unpopular?

You try to recruit new American citizens into the GOP minutes after they take the oath of citizenship. Get 'em while they're fresh.

On Wednesday, 947 new citizens hailing from 49 different countries took the oath in the El Paso Coliseum just a few miles from the U.S. southern border. Most of the oath-takers have lived in the U.S. for years, and the vast majority of them came here from Mexico.

"So often the impression is the Republican Party is anti-immigrant," said Bob Peña, executive director of the El Paso GOP. "No, we’re anti illegal immigrant."

VICE News followed the El Paso GOP as it tried to make the Republican case to the new citizens — and found themselves trying to make the party of Trump appealing to Mexican-Americans.
When I saw the title of this thread I figured it would be about teaching 5 year olds that they can decide whether they're a boy or girl.

ok :cuckoo:

Sounds good to me...... :thup:
You know you would have kittens if it was Democrats doing it.

As compared to what, motor voter like in California? Democrats driving people to the polls? Going to nursing homes where people can't even spell their name to get them to vote?

So what's stopping Democrats from doing the same thing? They can stand right next to the Republicans and pass out their literature. Let them know after all their waiting, all their expense, the Democrats want to let others just waltz on in doing nothing that these people had to do.

As compared to what, motor voter like in California? Democrats driving people to the polls? Going to nursing homes where people can't even spell their name to get them to vote?

So what's stopping Democrats from doing the same thing? They can stand right next to the Republicans and pass out their literature. Let them know after all their waiting, all their expense, the Democrats want to let others just waltz on in doing nothing that these people had to do.
Your first paragraph is almost all fake news.

And I never said they shouldn't, I said he would have kittens if they did.

And he agreed BTW.

Who says they can’t?

Let Republicans hand out pocket Constitutions while Democrats hand out jobs

Sorry Republicans, but if you think pocket constitutions will swing the Hispanic vote......

Reinstate DACA
Stop terrorizing immigrant families
Stop English only tirades
Help Puerto Rico
Drop the wall nonsense

You forgot one: have Mexico adopt the US and make it one big Mexico.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

And he agreed BTW.

Oh please. Do you know how many times I went into the ghetto and was approached by a Dem worker on the off ramp of a highway asking me to register as a Democrat?

Democrats would do anything for a vote. Some states are allowing felons to vote.

Voting registration drive makes inroads in unexpected territory: county jails

Immigrants that follow the law, play by the rules, and cherish their new citizenship are one of the treasures of our country's future. The El Paso GOP is making the investment and getting out there not just talking about it. Credit where credit is due.

I've never heard of anyone before leftist just dreamed this up as an issue saying the parties can't recruit. No, this is all you and just more leftist butt hurt
You kids could deny for the Olympics.

With all that butt hurt, don't ever set one of your farts on fire. Particularly indoors

Republicans have to realize there is more to gaining the minority vote than handing out pocket Constitutions

You actually have to have a presence in their neighborhoods

And he agreed BTW.

Oh please. Do you know how many times I went into the ghetto and was approached by a Dem worker on the off ramp of a highway asking me to register as a Democrat?

Democrats would do anything for a vote. Some states are allowing felons to vote.

Voting registration drive makes inroads in unexpected territory: county jails
You make my point for me.

Have a nice day.

I've never heard of anyone before leftist just dreamed this up as an issue saying the parties can't recruit. No, this is all you and just more leftist butt hurt
You kids could deny for the Olympics.

With all that butt hurt, don't ever set one of your farts on fire. Particularly indoors
That makes no sense whatsoever.

Not all that surprising considering the source but still, WTF kid?

Just the other day I was watching VICE News on HBO, and came across a rather interesting article. Seems that the GOP down in El Paso TX goes to swearing in ceremonies, and as soon as the newly sworn in citizens exit the building, GOP volunteers swoop down on them, congratulate them for becoming new citizens and then offer them a new pocket Constitution. Only thing is, that pocket Constitution is in a package that tells them why they should join the GOP and also has a voter registration card to become a Republican. The video on this article is pretty interesting to watch.

They are doing this without telling them they are GOP volunteers. How do the rest of you feel about this?

Texas Republicans are recruiting immigrants minutes after they become citizens

EL PASO, Texas — What do you do if you're the county Republican Party in El Paso, where the population is Hispanic and President Trump is wildly unpopular?

You try to recruit new American citizens into the GOP minutes after they take the oath of citizenship. Get 'em while they're fresh.

On Wednesday, 947 new citizens hailing from 49 different countries took the oath in the El Paso Coliseum just a few miles from the U.S. southern border. Most of the oath-takers have lived in the U.S. for years, and the vast majority of them came here from Mexico.

"So often the impression is the Republican Party is anti-immigrant," said Bob Peña, executive director of the El Paso GOP. "No, we’re anti illegal immigrant."

VICE News followed the El Paso GOP as it tried to make the Republican case to the new citizens — and found themselves trying to make the party of Trump appealing to Mexican-Americans.

Ain’t just the GOP doing this. My Dad became a citizen a few months before this last presidential election. He always fell in line with democrats. Even got recruited to be a pill worker. He was very proud. He only splits with democrats on gun control and immigration (it took him 12 years to necome a citizen). Other then that the trend of off the boom unhinged politicians keeps him on the couch at election time now.

Forum List

Back