Get 'em while they are new and don't know better................

Just the other day I was watching VICE News on HBO, and came across a rather interesting article. Seems that the GOP down in El Paso TX goes to swearing in ceremonies, and as soon as the newly sworn in citizens exit the building, GOP volunteers swoop down on them, congratulate them for becoming new citizens and then offer them a new pocket Constitution. Only thing is, that pocket Constitution is in a package that tells them why they should join the GOP and also has a voter registration card to become a Republican. The video on this article is pretty interesting to watch.

They are doing this without telling them they are GOP volunteers. How do the rest of you feel about this?

Texas Republicans are recruiting immigrants minutes after they become citizens

EL PASO, Texas — What do you do if you're the county Republican Party in El Paso, where the population is Hispanic and President Trump is wildly unpopular?

You try to recruit new American citizens into the GOP minutes after they take the oath of citizenship. Get 'em while they're fresh.

On Wednesday, 947 new citizens hailing from 49 different countries took the oath in the El Paso Coliseum just a few miles from the U.S. southern border. Most of the oath-takers have lived in the U.S. for years, and the vast majority of them came here from Mexico.

"So often the impression is the Republican Party is anti-immigrant," said Bob Peña, executive director of the El Paso GOP. "No, we’re anti illegal immigrant."

VICE News followed the El Paso GOP as it tried to make the Republican case to the new citizens — and found themselves trying to make the party of Trump appealing to Mexican-Americans.
Texas does not have voter registration by party. If this report suggests otherwise it brings into question whatever else it said.

Uhhhmmm.... just because they come in at El Paso it doesn't mean they're about to settle in Texas. Hello?
Because, in El Paso, there is a lot of call to hand out voter registration cards for Vermont or Hawaii?

Just the other day I was watching VICE News on HBO, and came across a rather interesting article. Seems that the GOP down in El Paso TX goes to swearing in ceremonies, and as soon as the newly sworn in citizens exit the building, GOP volunteers swoop down on them, congratulate them for becoming new citizens and then offer them a new pocket Constitution. Only thing is, that pocket Constitution is in a package that tells them why they should join the GOP and also has a voter registration card to become a Republican. The video on this article is pretty interesting to watch.

They are doing this without telling them they are GOP volunteers. How do the rest of you feel about this?

EL PASO, Texas — What do you do if you're the county Republican Party in El Paso, where the population is Hispanic and President Trump is wildly unpopular?

You try to recruit new American citizens into the GOP minutes after they take the oath of citizenship. Get 'em while they're fresh.

On Wednesday, 947 new citizens hailing from 49 different countries took the oath in the El Paso Coliseum just a few miles from the U.S. southern border. Most of the oath-takers have lived in the U.S. for years, and the vast majority of them came here from Mexico.

"So often the impression is the Republican Party is anti-immigrant," said Bob Peña, executive director of the El Paso GOP. "No, we’re anti illegal immigrant."

VICE News followed the El Paso GOP as it tried to make the Republican case to the new citizens — and found themselves trying to make the party of Trump appealing to Mexican-Americans.
Texas does not have voter registration by party. If this report suggests otherwise it brings into question whatever else it said.

Uhhhmmm.... just because they come in at El Paso it doesn't mean they're about to settle in Texas. Hello?
Because, in El Paso, there is a lot of call to hand out voter registration cards for Vermont or Hawaii?

That darned government school education again. He said, "Most of the oath-takers have lived in the U.S. for years." So you're thinking they were living in Vermont and California and went to El Paso to take the oath? I've been in 48 States. And I've never been to El Paso. Why would they do that?

Got to give you credit. No thought but relatively crazy

Pogo is a one-trick pony, and that's his one trick—referring to the great mken who founded this country as “Liberals” with the clear intent of suggesting that their version of “liberalism” has anything at all to do with the modern ideology that is known by that name today, in spite of the clear fact that modern “liberalism” is about as far diametrically-opposed to the ideology of the Founders as it is possible to be.

Ah yes, Doublethink. The attempt to turn a term around into its own opposite, hoping nobody will notice.

I've heard of that.

Saying that words have changed meaning over time is double-think? No, actually it's not. That's just stupid

It is indeed stupid to think they could get away with it.
Thanks for the support, but really it's OK. I got this.

You're just babbling, you don't have anything. He said, "their version of “liberalism” has anything at all to do with the modern ideology that is known by that name today." He was talking about the meaning of the word changing over time.

Double think is believing contradictory meanings for the same word here and now.

It's just your awful government school education again. And then you were particularly trained to not think when you were a star editor in fake news where you removed any truth that accidentally slipped into any reporter's writings

There is no "version of liberalism". It doesn't come in "versions".

Tellya what, why don't you let the poster speak for himself instead of trying to white-knight with your usual "ME ME ME" drooling at the mouth. I just told you, I got this. Comprende?

Because for one thing New Mexico is right over yonder (5 miles) and for another thing --- would you live in Texas if you didn't have to?

Oh and Vermont works the same way --- you just register, you don't declare a party. So I'm not sure what the OP could be talking about with voter registration cards unless it's simply to register them period.

Last edited:
Pogo is a one-trick pony, and that's his one trick—referring to the great mken who founded this country as “Liberals” with the clear intent of suggesting that their version of “liberalism” has anything at all to do with the modern ideology that is known by that name today, in spite of the clear fact that modern “liberalism” is about as far diametrically-opposed to the ideology of the Founders as it is possible to be.

Ah yes, Doublethink. The attempt to turn a term around into its own opposite, hoping nobody will notice.

I've heard of that.

Saying that words have changed meaning over time is double-think? No, actually it's not. That's just stupid

You're just babbling, you don't have anything. He said, "their version of “liberalism” has anything at all to do with the modern ideology that is known by that name today." He was talking about the meaning of the word changing over time.

Double think is believing contradictory meanings for the same word here and now.

It's just your awful government school education again. And then you were particularly trained to not think when you were a star editor in fake news where you removed any truth that accidentally slipped into any reporter's writings

Tellya what, why don't you let the poster speak for himself instead of trying to white-knight with your usual "ME ME ME" drooling at the mouth. I just told you, I got this. Comprende?

I'm agreeing with the poster, nimrod. And yes, he's right. Classic liberals have nothing to do with Democrat leftist so called liberals.

We, classic liberals, are called libertarians today. We believe in free speech, you don't. We believe in freedom to do whatever fits your mood as long as you don't infringe on the right of others to do the same. You don't. We recognize the biggest threat to our freedom is government. You crave government.

You're an extremist leftist authoritarian. For you, liberal is a complete misnomer.

We have zero in common

Because for one thing New Mexico is right over yonder and for another thing --- would you live in Texas if you didn't have to?

"Most of the oath-takers have lived in the U.S. for years." Again, you think they lived in New York and California, then went to freaking El Paso to take the oath? Sure they did, Sport

I've heard of that.

I'm agreeing with the poster, nimrod. And yes, he's right. Classic liberals have nothing to do with Democrat leftist so called liberals.

We, classic liberals, are called libertarians today. We believe in free speech, you don't. We believe in freedom to do whatever fits your mood as long as you don't infringe on the right of others to do the same. You don't. We recognize the biggest threat to our freedom is government. You crave government.

You're an extremist leftist authoritarian. For you, liberal is a complete misnomer.

We have zero in common

Et voilà le Doublethink. AGAIN thanks for the demo but for the third time --- I got this.

"Classic" is a bullshit adjective concocted by Jonah Goldberg and his hack ilk to try to have the same term face two directions at once. Only the gullible bought that shit.

We have zero in common

Et voilà le Doublethink. AGAIN thanks for the demo but for the third time --- I got this.

"Classic" is a bullshit adjective concocted by Jonah Goldberg and his hack ilk to try to have the same term face two directions at once. Only the gullible bought that shit.

The term liberal describes us, it doesn't describe you at all. I crave liberty. Libertarian, liberal, any word with the lib root describes libertarians.

There is nothing liberal about you at all. You crave government. You're ready to be poor as long as no one has more than you do

I've heard of that.

We have zero in common
No such thing as classic liberals

Just liberals who were the most liberal of their day

When I saw the title of this thread I figured it would be about teaching 5 year olds that they can decide whether they're a boy or girl.

I guess the game has to be played...huh?
US%2Bborders.jpg

:CryingCow:

So why are you not condemning the Gideon's for placing bibles in motels?
Why not condemn the FBI or CIA or Apple for trying to get those who are walking out of college or even before they finish?
Are the newly minted citizens being held or brainwashed in some nefarious way?
Have you watched a commercial or political campaign message? How is this some terrible plot?
It's fine as long as the new citizens know (are told even) that the registration card in there is for the Republican Party. That's pretty underhanded, if they don't.

Yeah, I am sure they have a card specifically to register as a Republican and a completely different card to register as a libtard. Dumbass!

Why not condemn the FBI or CIA or Apple for trying to get those who are walking out of college or even before they finish?
Have you watched a commercial or political campaign message? How is this some terrible plot?

I don't condemn Gideon for the Bibles. They don't force me to read them, nor do they preach at me when I stay at a hotel.

The CIA, FBI and Apple are offering people good paying jobs. It's up to them to take it or not.

As far as the newly minted citizens? They are being given a bunch of GOP propaganda, that they are told contains a pocket Constitution. Yeah, it does contain one of those, but also contains a whole bunch of GOP propaganda that the Republicans fail to disclose is in there as well.

Democrats would never include a copy of the Constitution unless it was printed on toilet paper,

When I saw the title of this thread I figured it would be about teaching 5 year olds that they can decide whether they're a boy or girl.

Luaghing animated .gif

I don't condemn Gideon for the Bibles. They don't force me to read them, nor do they preach at me when I stay at a hotel.

The CIA, FBI and Apple are offering people good paying jobs. It's up to them to take it or not.

As far as the newly minted citizens? They are being given a bunch of GOP propaganda, that they are told contains a pocket Constitution. Yeah, it does contain one of those, but also contains a whole bunch of GOP propaganda that the Republicans fail to disclose is in there as well.

Democrats would never include a copy of the Constitution unless it was printed on toilet paper,
Recent citizens probably know more about the Constitution than the average citizen

Forum List

Back