Get an air fryer - it's a must-have appliance

Anyone finding new things to make in their air fryer?
Hated making steaks and hamburgers in the air fryer, rather pan fry those to sear texture and taste.
Prefer frozen fries to homemade fresh cut ones in the air fryer.
Love hotdogs in it with the crispy and burnt skin like the hot dog joints.
Bought a fresh restaurant brand of frozen seasoned potato wedges that works good, just missing a little flavor, but sometimes Walmart deli or restaurants over cook in grease those things.
Hate the Walmart bags of seasoned wedges and fries because they have a strange processing plant and freezer taste.
Surprisingly I enjoyed those small box packs of hash brown patties that in the oven usually tastes funny, but air frying the texture and taste is just like frying without the excess grease that makes McDonald's ones inedible. Comes out like a potato pancake (try sour cream on them).
Still haven't found any frozen apple sticks or Zucchini. Had to make my own fried green tomato and zucchini sticks and the breading came off, which is why processed frozen packs of breaded veggies are always better for air fryers then making them yourself.
Asparagus. Coat with EVOO, salt, and pepper. 450 degrees for 10 min. Boom! Done!
Doesn't it dry it like a dehydrator? I know some veggies turn leathery in the air fryer.
That setting sounds like a regular oven, do you have a multi purpose oven fryer.
Yeah mines a multi function air fryer. As for turning leathery..? You've gotta watch and adjust your time according to your own preferences. But I've found that the oil and attentiveness prevents drying it out. Plus its quicker to bring the smaller air fryer up to temperature than the oven.

I think I'd probably try to borrow one or buy one on 5Mile or something like that before I took the plunge and bought one. Sounds intriguing.

I used mine once and I wasn’t impressed by it. Haven’t touched it since. Might give it another try since I keep hearing good things about it

I used mine once and I wasn’t impressed by it. Haven’t touched it since. Might give it another try since I keep hearing good things about it
It depends on what you put in it, time and temps as well. The pre-settings on mine are not accurate to the actual time and temps for best results so people must really mess up their meals when assuming those are the settings.
Most frozen snackable fryables take only 10 minutes 370-380. Unless raw chicken add another 2 minutes. Beef patties and steaks come out terrible but if you did a reheated beef rib with barbeque sauce it comes out grille crisp edges and tender inside. Try onion rings, all types of potatoes, air fry your burritos to make Chimichangas, reheat rotisserie chicken is amazing with crispy skin, fish sticks, hush puppies, try the many frozen items and find your favorites and you'll notice most use the same settings temp and time.

Forum List

Back