GE's Immelt Surrenders on Climate...SAY it isn't So?

Discussion in 'Environment' started by The T, May 5, 2011.

1. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    Capitulation?

Realization what is more important?

Trouble in paradise?

At an event at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology on Tuesday, Immelt said:

~Go Figure...

SOURCE<Junkscience.com

2. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,315
    As pointed out on the political board, that is not what Immelt said at all. Just cannot resist lying about what someone said, can you. Even in your post, the lie is pointed out.

GE's Immelt wishes he had soft-pedaled green talk | Reuters

General Electric Co may have grown its clean-tech business fourfold over the past six years, but Chief Executive Jeff Immelt wishes he had spent a little less time talking about it.

The head of the largest U.S. conglomerate, who in January was named a top adviser on job creation to U.S. President Barack Obama, said on Tuesday that GE's focus on the environmentally friendly aspects of its wind turbines and high-efficiency appliances might have led his critics to believe he was more interested in saving the planet than growing the company.

"If I had one thing to do over again I would not have talked so much about green," Immelt said at an event sponsored by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. "Even though I believe in global warming and I believe in the science ... it just took on a connotation that was too elitist; it was too precious and it let opponents think that if you had a green initiative, you didn't care about jobs. I'm a businessman. That's all I care about, is jobs

3. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,315
    Doesn't look like GE will be going broke any time soon. In fact, they are selling their locomotives in China because of the fuel economies.

GE's Immelt wishes he had soft-pedaled green talk | Reuters

As investors pour more money into energy technologies such as solar panels and wind turbines, which produce electricity without releasing the carbon dioxide associated with global climate change, the renewable energy and smart-grid industries will generate some 10 million to 15 million new jobs worldwide, 3 million of 5 million of which should be in the United States, Immelt said.

The company's Ecomagination initiative, which also encompasses products such as energy-efficient jet engines and railway locomotives, will generate some $21 billion in revenue this year, Immelt said. That is more than four times the $5 billion recorded in 2005, but less than the $25 billion by 2010 goal the Fairfield, Connecticut-based company set in 2009.

4. Zander

Zander Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,892
    Green jobs are a fantasy, unless picking your nose is a job.

5. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,315
    Tell that the the people that are getting good paying wind turbine maintenance jobs here in Oregon. To the more than 1000 people that SolarWorld alone employes in Oregon. In fact, Zander, to all the people benefiting from the continued rapid growth of wind power in the US.

6. Zander

Zander Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,892
    Lost your job? Get a job at a windmill!!! You're a crackpot.

7. wirebender

wirebender Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Would those be the same turbines that are killing raptors and bats at such an incredible rate? Tell me, why is it OK to kill birds with wind turbines but it wasn't OK to kill them in fewer numbers extracting copper from the ground in strip mines?

8. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,220

You are one stupid dummy.............actually, far more stupid than I had previously thought. Like most far lefties.............and Ive been saying this for years..............inability to think on the margin and inability to understand the necessary tradeoffs.

So..........time for the lesson in reality asshole, and the point Ive been fcukking pwning you wtih for years in this forum..............

What Immelt is saying is.................>>DRUM ROLL PLEASE<<

"Going blindly green is going to cost jobs. The science does matter, but not to the extent that it costs jobs!!!!"

THATS what he's saying asshole. Thats what the country has been CLEARLY saying for years now. You dont go half-ass and further decimate the economy based upon a computer model, just like you dont go to Las Vegas again after losing your shirt just because the some jarhead tells you that your chances of winning are improved the second go-around.:lol::lol::lol:

This forum name should be changed to: THE TWISTED LOGIC OF THE ENVIRONMENTAL MENTAL CASES

IM fcukking giddy that all the PR stuff is blowing :blowup:up:blowup: in :blowup:their :blowup:faces..........the k00ks.........they'd fcukk over anybody just to meet their achieve their agenda. They are being exposed week after week and thank God for that. Our country can no longer afford their absurd idea's.

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  9. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,989
    Note "Believes" in the science, because unlike real science, AGW is an article of Faith for the Warmers

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Obviously there are serious economic problems we are going to face as we migrate from the hyrdocarbon based energy dependence we have now, to a greener mix of energy production.

But we mostly know who ends up paying for innovation when society changes...

The workers who are displaced as their industries fade.

But if I were working in the gas or coal industries, I woudn't be too worried about it just yet.

Nobody reading this today is going to live long enough to see a society that is not powering itself in plarge part, with hydrocarbons.

And as we are already slowly moving a greener energy society, I have no doubt that corporations like GE will be a big part of that development.

CApital goes where there's money to be made.

It went to oil production when that was the wave of the future, and it is going to green technology now for exactly the same reason.