GE's Immelt Surrenders on Climate...SAY it isn't So?

The T

George S. Patton Party
May 24, 2009
What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
Capitulation?

Realization what is more important?

Trouble in paradise?

At an event at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology on Tuesday, Immelt said:

“If I had one thing to do over again I would not have talked so much about green… Even though I believe in global warming and I believe in the science … it just took on a connotation that was too elitist; it was too precious and it let opponents think that if you had a green initiative, you didn’t care about jobs. I’m a businessman. That’s all I care about, is jobs… I’m kind of over the stage of arguing for a comprehensive energy policy. I’m back to keeping my head down and working."

~Go Figure...

SOURCE<Junkscience.com

As pointed out on the political board, that is not what Immelt said at all. Just cannot resist lying about what someone said, can you. Even in your post, the lie is pointed out.

GE's Immelt wishes he had soft-pedaled green talk | Reuters

General Electric Co may have grown its clean-tech business fourfold over the past six years, but Chief Executive Jeff Immelt wishes he had spent a little less time talking about it.

The head of the largest U.S. conglomerate, who in January was named a top adviser on job creation to U.S. President Barack Obama, said on Tuesday that GE's focus on the environmentally friendly aspects of its wind turbines and high-efficiency appliances might have led his critics to believe he was more interested in saving the planet than growing the company.

"If I had one thing to do over again I would not have talked so much about green," Immelt said at an event sponsored by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. "Even though I believe in global warming and I believe in the science ... it just took on a connotation that was too elitist; it was too precious and it let opponents think that if you had a green initiative, you didn't care about jobs. I'm a businessman. That's all I care about, is jobs

Doesn't look like GE will be going broke any time soon. In fact, they are selling their locomotives in China because of the fuel economies.

As investors pour more money into energy technologies such as solar panels and wind turbines, which produce electricity without releasing the carbon dioxide associated with global climate change, the renewable energy and smart-grid industries will generate some 10 million to 15 million new jobs worldwide, 3 million of 5 million of which should be in the United States, Immelt said.

The company's Ecomagination initiative, which also encompasses products such as energy-efficient jet engines and railway locomotives, will generate some $21 billion in revenue this year, Immelt said. That is more than four times the $5 billion recorded in 2005, but less than the $25 billion by 2010 goal the Fairfield, Connecticut-based company set in 2009.

Tell that the the people that are getting good paying wind turbine maintenance jobs here in Oregon. To the more than 1000 people that SolarWorld alone employes in Oregon. In fact, Zander, to all the people benefiting from the continued rapid growth of wind power in the US.

Tell that the the people that are getting good paying wind turbine maintenance jobs here in Oregon. To the more than 1000 people that SolarWorld alone employes in Oregon. In fact, Zander, to all the people benefiting from the continued rapid growth of wind power in the US.

Lost your job? Get a job at a windmill!!! You're a crackpot.

Would those be the same turbines that are killing raptors and bats at such an incredible rate? Tell me, why is it OK to kill birds with wind turbines but it wasn't OK to kill them in fewer numbers extracting copper from the ground in strip mines?

As pointed out on the political board, that is not what Immelt said at all. Just cannot resist lying about what someone said, can you. Even in your post, the lie is pointed out.

General Electric Co may have grown its clean-tech business fourfold over the past six years, but Chief Executive Jeff Immelt wishes he had spent a little less time talking about it.

The head of the largest U.S. conglomerate, who in January was named a top adviser on job creation to U.S. President Barack Obama, said on Tuesday that GE's focus on the environmentally friendly aspects of its wind turbines and high-efficiency appliances might have led his critics to believe he was more interested in saving the planet than growing the company.

"If I had one thing to do over again I would not have talked so much about green," Immelt said at an event sponsored by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. "Even though I believe in global warming and I believe in the science ... it just took on a connotation that was too elitist; it was too precious and it let opponents think that if you had a green initiative, you didn't care about jobs. I'm a businessman. That's all I care about, is jobs

You are one stupid dummy.............actually, far more stupid than I had previously thought. Like most far lefties.............and Ive been saying this for years..............inability to think on the margin and inability to understand the necessary tradeoffs.

So..........time for the lesson in reality asshole, and the point Ive been fcukking pwning you wtih for years in this forum..............

What Immelt is saying is.................>>DRUM ROLL PLEASE<<

"Going blindly green is going to cost jobs. The science does matter, but not to the extent that it costs jobs!!!!"

THATS what he's saying asshole. Thats what the country has been CLEARLY saying for years now. You dont go half-ass and further decimate the economy based upon a computer model, just like you dont go to Las Vegas again after losing your shirt just because the some jarhead tells you that your chances of winning are improved the second go-around.:lol::lol::lol:

This forum name should be changed to: THE TWISTED LOGIC OF THE ENVIRONMENTAL MENTAL CASES

IM fcukking giddy that all the PR stuff is blowing :blowup:up:blowup: in :blowup:their :blowup:faces..........the k00ks.........they'd fcukk over anybody just to meet their achieve their agenda. They are being exposed week after week and thank God for that. Our country can no longer afford their absurd idea's.

Last edited:
Capitulation?

Realization what is more important?

Trouble in paradise?

At an event at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology on Tuesday, Immelt said:

“If I had one thing to do over again I would not have talked so much about green… Even though I believe in global warming and I believe in the science … it just took on a connotation that was too elitist; it was too precious and it let opponents think that if you had a green initiative, you didn’t care about jobs. I’m a businessman. That’s all I care about, is jobs… I’m kind of over the stage of arguing for a comprehensive energy policy. I’m back to keeping my head down and working."

~Go Figure...

SOURCE<Junkscience.com

Note "Believes" in the science, because unlike real science, AGW is an article of Faith for the Warmers

Obviously there are serious economic problems we are going to face as we migrate from the hyrdocarbon based energy dependence we have now, to a greener mix of energy production.

But we mostly know who ends up paying for innovation when society changes...

The workers who are displaced as their industries fade.

But if I were working in the gas or coal industries, I woudn't be too worried about it just yet.

Nobody reading this today is going to live long enough to see a society that is not powering itself in plarge part, with hydrocarbons.

And as we are already slowly moving a greener energy society, I have no doubt that corporations like GE will be a big part of that development.

CApital goes where there's money to be made.

It went to oil production when that was the wave of the future, and it is going to green technology now for exactly the same reason.

Holy Mother of God s0n............I have a bridge to sell you!!!

And how ironic is this level of naive? Stupid levels of naive here.............

Wind Turbines??!!!!:D:D:D You dolt.........these people peddling wind turbines are cut from the same cloth as those who come up with idea's like the tummy tucker or the forever Ginsu knife or the Turbonator for cars. Brilliant opportunistic innovators knowing they can fleece the public.

But this guy OLd Rocks and his pals..................

They think the windmill business is in it for the purpose of making the world a greener place!!!!:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

Let me tell you something..............these k00ks?

They are serial suckers!!!!

Its like I said in another post the other day................

Far left guys and their idea's. They are unable to meet the standard to support their thinking as they can never answer the follwing questions.............

1) At what cost?

2) As compared to what?

Why? Because being able to answer those questions is irrelevant because the "cause" is worthy. If the results are disasterous..............who cares?

FACT = These eccentric assholes want to put the coal industry our of business at a cost of 2.3 million jobs. As "compared to what"? A gain of 600,000 green jobs nationwide. So...........you see..........to them, that is an acceptable "cost".

captain-awesome-t-shirt_large-1.jpg

Obviously there are serious economic problems we are going to face as we migrate from the hyrdocarbon based energy dependence we have now, to a greener mix of energy production.

But if I were working in the gas or coal industries, I woudn't be too worried about it just yet.

Nobody reading this today is going to live long enough to see a society that is not powering itself in plarge part, with hydrocarbons.

And as we are already slowly moving a greener energy society, I have no doubt that corporations like GE will be a big part of that development.

It went to oil production when that was the wave of the future, and it is going to green technology now for exactly the same reason.

the big difference between the change to coal/oil and the current attempted change to other sources is the driving force. The inital change was forced by pure economics and the fact that their use really had no easy comparsion. Yes there was other ways of generating electricity like hydroelectric (and small scale wind, i.e. windmills), but the use of hydrocarbons was far and away the most cost effective. This led to the electrical revolution, which replaced all sorts of basic home technologies.

In the current change the technologies trying to work thier way in cannot compete currently on a level playing field with the existing ones. In some cases the apparent real time issues you have with the new technologies are actually a step back. The current driving forces of future scarcity and AGW are abstract in a person's mind, not a hard reality.

To put another way, plugging in a refrigerator and paying for power was easier than getting a block of ice delivered to your house and having to dump out the melt water. Thats why people have refrigerators now and not iceboxes. The current example would be the whole light bulb thing. Instead of letting the market phase out incandescents people are legislating it. Incandescent light bulbs didnt need legislation to replace candles, they just did.

The same scales up to power supply. Currently renewables need help to compete with fossil fuel generation. Fossil fuels didnt need help to replace muscle power, they just did.

Residential and Solar Wind Systems: What Are the Costs?

Most Texas homeowners considering a solar energy system or residential wind turbine system will quickly face sticker shock. Wind turbine systems can run as high as $65,000 installed. The average cost nationally for a professionally installed solar panel system is about $8 to $9 per watt. A 2 kilowatt (kw) grid-tied system (no battery back up) can run to $16,000. A similar 5 kw system can cost upwards of $40,000. Deep cycle back-up batteries for both wind and solar can add on 20 to 30 percent more. You might be able to save around $2 per watt by doing the work yourself, however, energy efficiency programs may have certification requirements.

Residential and Solar Wind Systems: What Are the Costs?

l5.jpg

While Im on a roll.........................

One disadvantage of solar power is consistency and reliability. Solar-powered devices rely on the steady delivery of special particles called photons to keep the electricity generating process going. As soon as the sun falls below the horizon at night, photons stop striking the solar panels and the power drops instantly. This means that storage technology, such as batteries, or an alternative source of energy is always required to ensure uninterrupted power flow. Otherwise, if there is no sun, there is simply no power.

Some of the major disadvantages of solar power are economic in nature. Solar panels designed to generate electricity are still fairly expensive to produce. Since single solar panels can only generate a relatively small amount of electricity, an large arrays of solar panels are needed to provide a sufficient level of electricity to power a number of homes. These solar panels also have to be adjusted throughout the day in order to maintain a direct angle with the sun, so a mechanical orientation system also needs to be implemented to turn all of the solar panels.

Other disadvantages of solar power are technical. The materials used to create a solar panel are constantly exposed to other things besides photons. The constant bombardment of ultraviolet (UV) rays and other solar radiation often causes the panels themselves to deteriorate, much like any other material left exposed to the sun for extended periods of time. Other environmental factors like rain and dirt also take their toll.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-are-the-disadvantages-of-solar-power.htm

PS.......note that the k00ks never submit that there are ANY disadvantaqges to solar power!!!

Last edited:

the big difference between the change to coal/oil and the current attempted change to other sources is the driving force. The inital change was forced by pure economics and the fact that their use really had no easy comparsion. Yes there was other ways of generating electricity like hydroelectric (and small scale wind, i.e. windmills), but the use of hydrocarbons was far and away the most cost effective. This led to the electrical revolution, which replaced all sorts of basic home technologies.

In the current change the technologies trying to work thier way in cannot compete currently on a level playing field with the existing ones. In some cases the apparent real time issues you have with the new technologies are actually a step back. The current driving forces of future scarcity and AGW are abstract in a person's mind, not a hard reality.

To put another way, plugging in a refrigerator and paying for power was easier than getting a block of ice delivered to your house and having to dump out the melt water. Thats why people have refrigerators now and not iceboxes. The current example would be the whole light bulb thing. Instead of letting the market phase out incandescents people are legislating it. Incandescent light bulbs didnt need legislation to replace candles, they just did.

The same scales up to power supply. Currently renewables need help to compete with fossil fuel generation. Fossil fuels didnt need help to replace muscle power, they just did.

The operative word in your post above is "currently"............and that is always my point. We are decades from efficient energy alternatives that can compete. It is just a basic fact.

The k00ks cannot understand this.

By the way...........Immelt goes to bed each night laughing his balls off knowing he has hordes of naive suckers out there that actually enthusiastically support his obscene levels of profiteering.

Laughing-Howard-Dean--860-1.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back