Gerrymandering in WI now going to Supreme Court

Discussion in 'Election Forums' started by Penelope, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Derelict_Drvr

Derelict_Drvr Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,032
    A bit of information on how Electoral College Electors are chosen.

Usually, political parties nominate electors at their state conventions. Sometimes that process occurs by a vote of the party's central committee. The electors are usually state-elected officials, party leaders, or people with a strong affiliation with the party of the Presidential candidate chosen by the state's voters.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  2. Penelope

Penelope Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,377
    and It needs to be done with.

3. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,971
    What does gerrymandering have to do with Trump winning Wisconsin, tard?

4. Penelope

Penelope Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,377
    I guess we shall find out at the Supreme Court hey. The EC needs to go, it came as a time when people didn't vote, only a few from each state, the elites of the state, as the rest of the people weren't up on politics and many didn't even read. So some politicians vote from each state. Times have changed, although some are still poorly educated.

5. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,971
    Gerrymandering has absolutely nothing to do with the presidential race. It has to do with Congressional and legislative districts.

That has absolutely nothing to do with why we have the EC. You are completely ignorant on the history of our government

But I'll bet you don't count yourself in those numbers, huh. :laugh2:

6. Derelict_Drvr

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,032

So, you are really saying is you want to leave the election of the President up to 10 or 12 Sates, thereby disenfranchising 75 to 80% of the country? Now THAT'S a Representative Republic.. Contrary to what the Democrats try to convince us of, America is NOT a Democracy, and saying it is won't change that. America never has been, nor will it ever be a Democracy.

You really, really need to take a course on American Government, Penelope. You really do.

7. Derelict_Drvr

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,032

The number of people that couldn't read, or did/didn't vote had nothing to do with the EC being Constitutionally created. Even when the Constitution was written the Founders knew that highly populous states would determine the outcome of a Presidential race, so therefore they created the Electoral College so that EVERY voter in EVERY state has a voice in who their President will be.

I also believe you don't have a clue about what it would take to end the use of the Electoral College. Let me fill you in. 1st, Congress has to approve a resolution to write an Amendment. Then it would take a ratification by 66% of the members of each house of Congress. After each house of Congress ratifies the Amendment by a super majority. It is only then sent to the states,where 36 (75%) of the states have to ratify it. Then, and only then, will the Amendment be added to the Constitution. Another avenue is by a Constitutional Convention However, none of the 27 Amendments have been ratified in that manner.

Constitutional Amendment Process

Do you really think the citizens of 24 states would vote to politically disenfranchise themselves from the process? If you do, you truly are living in another dimension.

Penelope, trying to educate you is like having a gunfight with an unarmed man. It is quickly becoming not fun. You have no idea what you are talking about, and only regurgitating Democrat talking points. It appears you can't, or don't, have the capacity to to think for yourself, or to do research something and form your own opinions.

If you think that Taz and/or myself are telling you wrong and only trying to mislead, I recommend you go to the library and check-out some books on the American Government and read about what we've been telling you. Educate yourself..

8. Derelict_Drvr

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,032

p.s, Penelope, if you believe that a Democrat President (or ANY President , for that matter) can cause an Amendment to get rid of the Electoral College, you are sadly mistaken. "Since the President does not have a constitutional role in the amendment process, the joint resolution does not go to the White House for signature or approval." In other words, since the President can't submit bills to Congress, his only authority is to sign or veto them. So, as stated above, without being able to influence the resolution in any manner, the President is powerless in the Amendment process.

(I bet that chaps your butt)

9. jon_berzerk

jon_berzerk Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,239
    That makes absolutely no sense.

of course not but it helps the retards feel better about losing the election though

--LOL

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  10. Penelope

Penelope Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,377
    Actually someone said on TV last night the people in say Wyoming are more represented than those in CA.
    In CA more pop equals 1 EC , whereas in Wyoming less people make up 1 EC.