Germany, Stuck with Massive Bill for Ukraine, Asks Russia for Help

katsung47

VIP Member
Nov 22, 2011
Germany, Stuck with Massive Bill for Ukraine, Asks Russia for Help
IMF: Ukraine Weeks Away from Economic Collapse - $15 billion urgently needed
With 1 hand EU asks Russia for financial help, with other it bombs ethnic Russians in East Ukraine, sanctions Russian economy...
Black hole of Ukraine finances becoming a political liability for EU leaders
EU demanding austerity from Ukraine while population struggles with grinding poverty, economic collapse
EU policy towards Russia/Ukraine poorly conceived, in danger of collapsing due to contradictions
http://www.network54.com/Forum/84302/thread/1418328144/last-1418328144/Germany%2C+Stuck+with+Massive+Bill+for+Ukraine%2C+Asks+Russia+for+Help

It is the IMF that may or may not provide some $17bn in financial assistance. This assistance is contingent on reforms that are not happening in the Ukraine. The country remains heavily dependent on Russian gas imports and its industrial exports have more of a market in Russia than the EU. The people seem to want to be European except in the East and the Crimea is effectively completely Russian in orientation but the business orientation remains Russian and the levels of transactional transparency are as opaque as in Russia.

As far as I can see there is no question of Germany providing billions of assistance. The Ukraines economy is 40% in the shadows and reforms simply are not happening.

Putin seems to be trying to bleed the country to death and no doubt is using the Mafia in the country to contribute to the impression of a failed state. Russia can afford to ride the sanctions it is incurring for a few more years but the Ukraine cannot.

I had thought the obvious solution was simply to divide the country but now I am not sure that the EU would want to pick up the bill even for the Western side of the country given the corruption there and lack of real reforms.

And OP has just demonstrated why Americans are generally clueless about anything going on outside the US. Stop listening to dross like the link you provided (network 54? Wtf is that?) and shock jocks (they are paid to make you angry and make you look stupid and sell it to the rest of the world as comedy.)

And we enjoy it, but with a faint bad taste in our mouthes that the world's policeman is so gullible.

And OP has just demonstrated why Americans are generally clueless about anything going on outside the US. Stop listening to dross like the link you provided (network 54? Wtf is that?) and shock jocks (they are paid to make you angry and make you look stupid and sell it to the rest of the world as comedy.)

And we enjoy it, but with a faint bad taste in our mouthes that the world's policeman is so gullible.
Still at it, eh Baghdad Bob? :thup:

• Banned

Why, because it's a fake news? or not from a mainstream? I don't care if it's from a poor or wealthy, as long as it's true.

The I.M.F. has identified a $15bn shortfall in its bailout for war-torn Ukraine. The gap need to be filled within weeks to avoid financial collapse.

G. Osborne, the UK finance minister, saying the EU was now asking for help from Russia at the same time it was sanctioning the Kremlin for its actions in Ukraine.

IMF warns Ukraine bailout at risk of collapse
December 9, 2014 7:27 pm
Peter Spiegel in Brussels and Roman Olearchyk in Kiev.
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/9a3efede-7fc5-11e4-acf3-00144feabdc0.html?siteedition=intl#axzz3MBp60HiF

Forum List

Back