Germany Still Doesn't Get It

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    One of our 'previous allies' that we would be best off casting away:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051220/wl_nm/lebanon_germany_prisoner_dc

2. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    I got into an arument on another board a bit ago. On this board was an European, a Brit I think. He said America has lost all it's allies and they what we got in return was Togo, Latvia, and Poland. I replied that Togo, Latvia and Poland do about as much for us militarily as Germany, France, and Russia; they agree with us far more often; and when they don't agree with us they don't actively work against us. So in effect yes, I would rather have them as allies.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Mariner

Mariner Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52
    reason to be teed off at us right now. El Masri, the apparently innocent German citizen who was "rendered" to Egypt by the U.S., where he was treated brutally, has been big news over there. Just another example of how Bush's outrageous views on torture, secret prisons, rendition, and deprivation of prisoners' human and legal rights lowers our standing in the rest of the world--the exact opposite of what we're supposedly trying to accomplish. "How to lose friends and create enemies" would be a good title for Bush's overall international policy. Anyone notice how even as the war in Iraq is supposedly being won, the "coalition of the willing" has been shrinking?

Mariner.

4. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359

Well then. I hope those nations Don't call us up for help, when the terrorist decide to attact them. :cry:

5. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    I have little doubt this was directly connected with the freed hostage.

Btw, the guided missile destroyer that bears Stethem's name is in my battle group (7th Fleet). What a rich irony it would be if this knucklehead were to go back to his old ways in a place like Iraq or Afghanistan and a missile from one of this battle group's planes or ships was the one that sent him to this 72 whores.....

We should just pay one of the militia groups in Lebanon to kill him, if we can't do it ourselves.

Known and convicted terrorists like him should get no retrial, no prison time, no remorse, just a bullet in the head. They signed away their humanity when they committed terrorist acts.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    you are one violent dude, NATO....not that I disagree with you!

7. Mariner

Mariner Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52
    One man's terrorist is another man's "Freedom Fighter."

Did you read the post where I related some of the history I've been learning about the formation of the state of Israel? The Arabs were driven off their land in large part by Israeli terrorism, led by Menachem Begin and Moshe Dayan. Entire villages were razed. In one village, 250 innocent civilians, including children and elderly people, were butchered and mutilated. The Israeli terrorists also bombed British facilities, killing 91 people in one incident. All of this predated a single act of Palestinian terrorism in Israel.

Or, remember Ronald Reagan's Freedom Fighters in Nicaragua?

From the British point of view, the American Revolutionaries were terrorists--they used guerrilla tactics that were considered outside the norm of civilized warfare.

What about the ANC in South Africa? Without its terrorism, apartheid may not have ended as quickly as it did.

I'm no defender of terrorism, but the sad truth is that it does serve a purpose for particular groups at particular times in history.

Mariner.

8. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    The Muslim Brotherhood were equal foes, many of today's terrorists organizations are off-shoots from that group. Google Egypt's Hassan al-Banna.

9. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    The way things are going, in 40 years or so from now, France, Germany will be dominated by other European countries like Poland, Latvia etc. etc. It may occur sooner.

Right now the French and Germans only dominate because of their history, and reputation.

If I was picking a team (and my success rate in Sunday softball games is around 80% :) ) I would take Poland over France or Germany anyday. And countries like Latvia, though small, could become economic powerhouses if they become strong allies with the US.

10. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    It was planned that the coalition would reduce in size over time.

Hey, you got a hang nail? Oh, blame it on Bush, you are the KING!