Germany shows us why Republican policies will ALWAYS "fail".

There is some sort of movement in this country to mandate vacation time or the employer has to pay a fine. It makes no sense. Hopefully employers will have some sort of sharing agreement with another company so that the employee could work on the mandated vacation time merely trading jobs with someone else.

You realize that the party that has run Germany for the last several years is not the SDP but the CDU/CSU conservative coalition? In other words, the German version of the Republican party has been in power since November of 2005.

I was assuming that's why the OP put "fail" in quotes... because a right wing Government has successfully pulled Germany out of recession.

The adjusted level of joblessness has now fallen to 2.92 million people, or 6.9 percent, the lowest for 20 years. The figures also show how Germany, Europe’s largest economy and one of the world’s leading export-driven economies, has fully recovered from the financial crisis of 2008, when almost 3.2 million people were registered as unemployed.

Figures from the labor agency showed that fewer companies were still working with short-time workers, especially the automobile industry, which has been lifted by growth in the Chinese market and the expansion there of the luxury car market as the middle class expands.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/30/business/global/german-jobless-rate-declines.html

-----------------------------

Remember, Germany had to absorb another "entire" country, East Germany, after the collapse of the USSR. They are also being counted on to bail out other European countries.

Germany has almost no natural resources, yet, they are a leading exporter and have the worlds 5h largest economy.

They live longer.

Take more vacations.

The middle class is buying "luxury" cars.

They work fewer hours.

Everyone is covered by health care.

More people are educated.

They are a democratic country.

They have fast rail.

They are are using renewable energy.

They have the most strict laws in Europe for clean air and clean water.

The rich and the middle class are much closer together.

Government is involved with every aspect of business.

Government, Universities and Business works together.

It was only a couple of years before I was born the US was rebuilding Germany. Now, Republicans won't even let us rebuild this country. You don't see companies "fleeing" Germany because their corporate tax is too high. You don't see the rich taking their money and leaving because they don't like the tax rate. You don't see them slashing funding for education.

GOP Plans for America:

Slash education.

End Social Security.

End Medicare.

No infrastructure improvements.

End Romneycare.

Tax cuts for billionaires.

Subsidies for corporations.

If the Republican Plan is to turn us into a third world country, it's working. On the news, it was mentioned that at the Conservative Women's Convention in Kansas last week, 60% said they didn't believe in evolution. I never met a German who didn't believe in evolution. What does that have to do with anything? It's part of science and education.

If you dislike the Constitution under which our country functions, move.

Germany has "no natural resources"? Is that a fact? What happened to their natural resources? They have no trees? no water? no air? no nutting? shit.

Who said they have NO natural resources? They have an educated population. Something Republicans abhor as "elitist".

Germany has "no natural resources"? Is that a fact? What happened to their natural resources? They have no trees? no water? no air? no nutting? shit.

Who said they have NO natural resources? They have an educated population. Something Republicans abhor as "elitist".
You have it wrong toad boy. We don't abhor a good education...we abhor what is done with it.

There is a difference asswipe. As I said to you in a thread a couple months ago...practicality.

The adjusted level of joblessness has now fallen to 2.92 million people, or 6.9 percent, the lowest for 20 years. The figures also show how Germany, Europe’s largest economy and one of the world’s leading export-driven economies, has fully recovered from the financial crisis of 2008, when almost 3.2 million people were registered as unemployed.

Figures from the labor agency showed that fewer companies were still working with short-time workers, especially the automobile industry, which has been lifted by growth in the Chinese market and the expansion there of the luxury car market as the middle class expands.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/30/business/global/german-jobless-rate-declines.html

-----------------------------

Remember, Germany had to absorb another "entire" country, East Germany, after the collapse of the USSR. They are also being counted on to bail out other European countries.

Germany has almost no natural resources, yet, they are a leading exporter and have the worlds 5h largest economy.

They live longer.

Take more vacations.

The middle class is buying "luxury" cars.

They work fewer hours.

Everyone is covered by health care.

More people are educated.

They are a democratic country.

They have fast rail.

They are are using renewable energy.

They have the most strict laws in Europe for clean air and clean water.

The rich and the middle class are much closer together.

Government is involved with every aspect of business.

Government, Universities and Business works together.

It was only a couple of years before I was born the US was rebuilding Germany. Now, Republicans won't even let us rebuild this country. You don't see companies "fleeing" Germany because their corporate tax is too high. You don't see the rich taking their money and leaving because they don't like the tax rate. You don't see them slashing funding for education.

GOP Plans for America:

Slash education.

End Social Security.

End Medicare.

No infrastructure improvements.

End Romneycare.

Tax cuts for billionaires.

Subsidies for corporations.

If the Republican Plan is to turn us into a third world country, it's working. On the news, it was mentioned that at the Conservative Women's Convention in Kansas last week, 60% said they didn't believe in evolution. I never met a German who didn't believe in evolution. What does that have to do with anything? It's part of science and education.

Move to Germany then. I'll pitch in for the airfare.

I was waiting for someone to say that.

Why not just make this country better? I point out what's going on in Germany and what Republicans are doing in this country and the delusional bastards say, "Oh look, they are JUST LIKE US".

Well they aren't. A conservative in Germany still wants the population educated. They still want renewable energy. They still want Business, Universities and Government working together. They still want health care for their people and they don't call corporations "people".

Why are you guys such fools? Seriously. No one disagreed with anything I said, then look at the posters who said, "Oh, they are conservatives just like us". You have to be seriously delusional.

You realize that the party that has run Germany for the last several years is not the SDP but the CDU/CSU conservative coalition? In other words, the German version of the Republican party has been in power since November of 2005.

no way, there is no party in germany that can be compared to the republican party.

well maybe the npd. lol

9938d1233758969-does-your-wife-borrow-your-razor-roflmao.jpg

What were you smoking when you decided to say that Republicans abhor education, crack, meth, or weed?

What were you smoking when you decided to say that Republicans abhor education, crack, meth, or weed?
I don't think it's any of it...he lives in a perpetual Universe of utter partisan idiocy.

Germany shows us why Republcan policies will ALWAYS "fail."

Congratulations! You are now in the Book of World Records for contorted argument. It's a hoot to read, well done. I like how going through point by point every one maps differently in that some are more like one party, some like the other, some like both and some like either. It's like going down a trail and arguing if the rocks you saw on the way remind you more of the Grand Canyon or Death Valley.

Germany shows us why Republcan policies will ALWAYS "fail."

Congratulations! You are now in the Book of World Records for contorted argument. It's a hoot to read, well done. I like how going through point by point every one maps differently in that some are more like one party, some like the other, some like both and some like either. It's like going down a trail and arguing if the rocks you saw on the way remind you more of the Grand Canyon or Death Valley.

Also, why is fail in quotes?

Forum List

Back