Germany: Ramshackle Barracks offer terrible conditions for soldiers

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
Its like six years of war. Mildew and creatures dominate many barracks in which the government coops in those who are supposed to ensure our security at the hazard of their lifes. Half the barracks are in grave condition. That rises the question for what the 33 billion EUR budget is used. In the past years, the Bundeswehr was unable to complete any task satisfactorily. Now, army and ministry want raise the budget. The Germans however made clear in a YouGov poll that they dont want the budget to be raised. They prefer to be without sovereignty and protection. Devil may care is their life motto.

Marode Bundeswehr-Kasernen Wehrbeauftragter fordert milliardenschweres Sanierungsprogramm - Inland - FAZ

Germany should never be able to have an army...considering the history of their evil deeds against humanity.

BTW...isn't there a better forum for you to be spewing your anti-Humanity, pro-Germany nonsense? Aren't there German forums you can spread such propaganda?

Germany should never be able to have an army...considering the history of their evil deeds against humanity.

BTW...isn't there a better forum for you to be spewing your anti-Humanity, pro-Germany nonsense? Aren't there German forums you can spread such propaganda?
Today I had hate-genes for lunch.

Today I had hate-genes for lunch.
LOL...very funny. But, I am glad you recognize the truth.

Its like six years of war. Mildew and creatures dominate many barracks in which the government coops in those who are supposed to ensure our security at the hazard of their lifes. Half the barracks are in grave condition. That rises the question for what the 33 billion EUR budget is used. In the past years, the Bundeswehr was unable to complete any task satisfactorily. Now, army and ministry want raise the budget. The Germans however made clear in a YouGov poll that they dont want the budget to be raised. They prefer to be without sovereignty and protection. Devil may care is their life motto.

Marode Bundeswehr-Kasernen Wehrbeauftragter fordert milliardenschweres Sanierungsprogramm - Inland - FAZ

The German military is massively underfinanced and aside from certain elite units like the KSK one has to doubt their professionalism as a military force also. The politicians have forced a peacekeeping role and model on them and aside from some shooting exchanges in Afghanistan Germany has avoided gaining any military experience since the war. The historical reasons for this were understandable 20 years ago but are so no longer. What happened in Libya was a disgrace when Merkel opposed intervention in Benghazi where Gadaffi was proposing to massacre the local population. With the rise of Russia and terrorist threats around the world Germany should be pulling its weight more within the NATO alliance. The defence budget needs to rise and Germany needs to review its current infrastructure that was mainly built in the Cold war.

Well, there's the pot calling the linen napkin black!!

Right after the Russians and the Jews, the German people were the biggest victims of the Nazis! Criticise the Germans of that generation by all means, if it makes you feel better, but don't spew your venom on the modern Germans, who are pretty progressive -- certainly more so than their American counterparts!

Some years ago, I was talking to a young German student about this and that when, out of the blue, he asked diffidently, "Do you hate me?" I was very surprised, and said, "Why in the world would I hate you?"
"Oh, you know, the War and all," he replied.
I blurted out, "But you weren't even born then! How could I hate you!"
He said, "Well, that's what I think, too -- but I just wondered...."

That gave me a vivid sense of what a terrible burden so many innocent young Germans have borne through no fault of their own.

Americans, in particular, should rather feel more the burden they bear for what their government did in Guatemala, Vietnam, Cambodia, Iraq ... and in so many other places!

Forum List

Back