Germany Is Trying To Forget Their History

Kathianne said:
And that has what to do with Checkpoint Charlie? I mean the Jews throwing albatrosses or God knows what?

Quit being such a Jewish apologist for just one minute and look act historical facts. Checkpoint Charlie was a symbolic gate in the wall that divided east from west. Jewish persecution did not end with the defeat of Hitler. Millions of Jews we still in the grip of communism and held captive in the USSR. The Jews are VERY good at not letting the world forget what has happened to them for thousands of years yet some people are tired of taking the blame. It's like whites who never even knew what a slave was still suffering from the sins of past deeds committed by people they had no connection to whatsoever.

dilloduck said:
Quit being such a Jewish apologist for just one minute and look act historical facts. Checkpoint Charlie was a symbolic gate in the wall that divided east from west. Jewish persecution did not end with the defeat of Hitler. Millions of Jews we still in the grip of communism and held captive in the USSR. The Jews are VERY good at not letting the world forget what has happened to them for thousands of years yet some people are tired of taking the blame. It's like whites who never even knew what a slave was still suffering from the sins of past deeds committed by people they had no connection to whatsoever.

When you stop being an anti-semite for just one minute and look at the story. BTW Checkpoint Charlie was not just a symbol, many people died, mostly Christians, trying to get from East to West.

Kathianne said:
When you stop being an anti-semite for just one minute and look at the story. BTW Checkpoint Charlie was not just a symbol, many people died, mostly Christians, trying to get from East to West.

It's just a symbol now but having these symbols to remind us of who did what to who misses the point. It's a blame game that has done little to stop genocides from occuring over and over. A cold war memorial could be erected to remind everyone that the persecution of the Jews did not stop in 1945 but if it blames people's ethnicity instead of the idealogy behind such persecution its a waste of concrete.

dilloduck said:
It's just a symbol now but having these symbols to remind us of who did what to who misses the point. It's a blame game that has done little to stop genocides from occuring over and over. A cold war memorial could be erected to remind everyone that the persecution of the Jews did not stop in 1945 but if it blames people's ethnicity instead of the idealogy behind such persecution its a waste of concrete.

You are the one that interjects the Jews into everything. Interestingly you are sounding more and more like WJ. On this topic, I agree to disagree.

dilloduck said:

What are you talking about? Check point Charlie has nothing to do with ethnicity specifically. Ideology is what seperated east from west, or was all Jews on one side and communism was a cover for the segregation of Jews? Anyway, I'm not really following you, perhaps it's the heat and the chemicals in the wallpaper removal. :coffee3:

Kathianne said:
You are the one that interjects the Jews into everything. Interestingly you are sounding more and more like WJ. On this topic, I agree to disagree.
I know--it's hard for you to think that the Jews could be guilty of doing anything--it's the nature of an apologist. All I said was that the Jews are very good at making people remember the atrocities that have been committed against them and you jumped all over it. :chillpill

Said1 said:
What are you talking about? Check point Charlie has nothing to do with ethnicity specifically. Ideology is what seperated east from west, or was all Jews on one side and communism was a cover for the segregation of Jews? Anyway, I'm not really following you, perhaps it's the heat and the chemicals in the wallpaper removal. :coffee3:
Could be me---been painting some interiors lately myself

ANYWAY--I'm not worried about history being erased. It all seems to reappear anyway and so few people learn from it anyway.

dilloduck said:
Could be me---been painting some interiors lately myself

ANYWAY--I'm not worried about history being erased. It all seems to reappear anyway and so few people learn from it anyway.

True, although it's not a good reason to remove the monument. It represents how things once were, like monuments all over the world commemorating those who died at the hands of ideological violence.

PS: It may be that both of us are suffering from inhalation.....I just noticed all the typos in previous post. Really bad, even for me.

Said1 said:
True, although it's not a good reason to remove the monument. It represents how things once were, like monuments all over the world commemorating those who died at the hands of ideological violence.

PS: It may be that both of us are suffering from inhalation.....I just noticed all the typos in previous post. Really bad, even for me.

You can lead a person to history but you can't make him think.

(how do I get paint specks off of my glasses and watch?)

dilloduck said:
You can lead a person to history but you can't make him think.

(how do I get paint specks off of my glasses and watch?)

Cotton Balls and Fingernail Polish remover/paint thinner.

Be very careful though.

GotZoom said:
Cotton Balls and Fingernail Polish remover/paint thinner.

Be very careful though.

I'm NOT wasting my perfectly good nail polish like that!! :laugh:

ok--sorry--shouldn't be hijacking threads like that.

Gabriella84 said:
DOH!! We are not discussing Civil Wars here.
We are talking one or more nations fighting war against foreign enemies. Even you should have been able to figure that one out.
The memorial is recognizing those from the East that died attempting to get to the West. Therefore, in many ways, this is about a civil war. The east and west Germans faced each other across a heavily fortified border for nearly half a century.

freeandfun1 said:
The memorial is recognizing those from the East that died attempting to get to the West. Therefore, in many ways, this is about a civil war. The east and west Germans faced each other across a heavily fortified border for nearly half a century.

She has it all confused.

Said1 said:
We also cannot forget that Checkpoint Charlie was a US manned checkpoint and is a place where US and Soviet tanks and soldiers often faced each other only stopping at the brink of all out war. I walked through Checkpoint Charlie in 1986 when it was still a true checkpoint manned by US soldiers. We took a day tour/trip into East Berlin. Whereas, at that time, West Berlin was a beautiful and modern city, East Berlin still had rubble in the streets (40 years after the war ended) from WWII. The memorial at Checkpoint Charlie not only recognizes those from the east trying to go west it also recognizes the sacrafices of the US soldiers that manned the point for half a century.

freeandfun1 said:
We also cannot forget that Checkpoint Charlie was a US manned checkpoint and is a place where US and Soviet tanks and soldiers often faced each other only stopping at the brink of all out war. I walked through Checkpoint Charlie in 1986 when it was still a true checkpoint manned by US soldiers. We took a day tour/trip into East Berlin. Whereas, at that time, West Berlin was a beautiful and modern city, East Berlin still had rubble in the streets (40 years after the war ended) from WWII. The memorial at Checkpoint Charlie not only recognizes those from the east trying to go west it also recognizes the sacrafices of the US soldiers that manned the point for half a century.

and don't forget that it was a great place for spy novels and movies !!

dilloduck said:
I know--it's hard for you to think that the Jews could be guilty of doing anything--it's the nature of an apologist. All I said was that the Jews are very good at making people remember the atrocities that have been committed against them and you jumped all over it. :chillpill

Whatever, THE POST was on Check Point Charlie Memorial, YOU brought up the Jews, for no reason whatsoever, then turn me into the apologist? I think your personal feelings are getting in the way of your powers of logic.

Forum List

Back