Germany Generated 74 Percent Of Power Needs From Renewable Energy

Again, you're not making a point here. You have a picture of a dead bird wrapped in appeal to emotion. There's no information in the post.
There's plenty. Those windmills are bird killers. Fact.

And oil spills don't kill birds?

Puleeze.

That's very true.. Again oil spills tend to target specific SPECIES and habitat. Makes it more serious than random building collisions of birds flying while drunk..

But OIL has nothing really to do with generating electricity, so wind would not be a solution to that problem directly..

Puleeze.

That's very true.. Again oil spills tend to target specific SPECIES and habitat. Makes it more serious than random building collisions of birds flying while drunk..

But OIL has nothing really to do with generating electricity, so wind would not be a solution to that problem directly..

Oil is a source of ENERGY, just coal, natural gas, nuclear, wind, water and solar. And, in the future, anti-matter.

The People here are so ignorant, some think the German/European system of using 230 vac is best (which shows ignorance of electricity) So how can anything this user states be taken seriously.

People are speaking how easy it is to power their homes, which I find ridiculous in light of the heavy subsidies which these people never admit too, nor do they really the cost. I have a landlord installed solar hot water heater system on my home, it sucks in the winter, barely warms the water, in the summer its great but I see zero saving on the electric bill. Zero. So who really understands or admits the truth?

sounds like its a passive system, not photovoltaic. there is a big difference

Entirely different. What Elektra refers to is a hot water system -- probably far simpler to set up than an electrical system but what Spoon has is the latter -- photovoltaic cells generating electrical energy (not just heat). Just because both work on sunlight, that doesn't make them the same thing or even similar things. So Elektra before you start calling people liars check and see if you even know what you're talking about.

No kidding, different systems, your kidding right?

I stated what I have on my home and asked another for details on thier system. You are one of the problems here, your reading comprehension sucks, how about re-reading the posts before you go spouting off and trying to explain things you have demonstrated you do not understand.

I understand my system, I asked about the other, moron!

Again, you're not making a point here. You have a picture of a dead bird wrapped in appeal to emotion. There's no information in the post.

Puleeze.

Windmill production increased Oil Production, took more oil in a shorter time to build the world's largest physical in size Wind Turbine farms.

Windmill's, Wind Turbines, Solar Power all increase demand for oil, putting unneeded pressure on production.

When will Green/Renewable Energy admit the obvious guilt they personally bear for destroying the environment.

Yes, Renewable Energy (hardly, requires oil to operate), more like Renewable Bird Kills, Ivanpah Solar and all of California Wind Farms are here forever, Destroying birds forever. The Exxon Valdez spill is gone, Oil Spills dissipate, Renewable Energy means the damage caused to the environment will be daily. Bird Kills, Increased Oil Production to meet the demand of the Renewable Green Energy Heavy Industry, forever and ever after.

Last edited:
Germany Sets New Record, Generating 74 Percent Of Power Needs From Renewable Energy | ThinkProgress

Observers say the records will keep coming as Germany continues its Energiewende, or energy transformation, which aims to power the country almost entirely on renewable sources by 2050

I guess there are no Republicans in Germany. They will be relying on solar and wind energy, while we will continue to either sell our souls to the middle east or frack open the very heart of mother earth to find our needed energy.

It is the far right's insistence on abandoning alternate energy sources that demonstrates their true ignorance.

Puleeze.

Windmill production increased Oil Production, took more oil in a shorter time to build the world's largest physical in size Wind Turbine farms.

Windmill's, Wind Turbines, Solar Power all increase demand for oil, putting unneeded pressure on production.

When will Green/Renewable Energy admit the obvious guilt they personally bear for destroying the environment.

Yes, Renewable Energy (hardly, requires oil to operate), more like Renewable Bird Kills, Ivanpah Solar and all of California Wind Farms are here forever, Destroying birds forever. The Exxon Valdez spill is gone, Oil Spills dissipate, Renewable Energy means the damage caused to the environment will be daily. Bird Kills, Increased Oil Production to meet the demand of the Renewable Green Energy Heavy Industry, forever and ever after.

No, and no.

That is simply a lie.

A big old fat fucking lie.

Germany Sets New Record, Generating 74 Percent Of Power Needs From Renewable Energy | ThinkProgress

Observers say the records will keep coming as Germany continues its Energiewende, or energy transformation, which aims to power the country almost entirely on renewable sources by 2050

I guess there are no Republicans in Germany. They will be relying on solar and wind energy, while we will continue to either sell our souls to the middle east or frack open the very heart of mother earth to find our needed energy.

It is the far right's insistence on abandoning alternate energy sources that demonstrates their true ignorance.

There are SUPPLEMENTAL energy sources like wind and solar -- but those are not ALTERNATIVE energy sources. The way you tell the difference is when you've built too many and folks start freezing to death in the winter or losing power weekly..

I just don't understand how you can be for limiting carbon emissions and anti-Nuclear. Kind of conflicts.

mental conflicts are the way the liberal thinks. BTW, this is a conservative government that got them into this problem. Germany had to of a crash course in relabels after the japanese nuke disaster

Puleeze.

No, and no.

That is simply a lie.

A lie? Bullshit, how do you think Wind Turbines are made of? Sugar and Spice? The world's largest structures covering hundreds of miles did not increase the use of oil?

Amazing, Green Energy is magically green, must grow on trees.

Lets of course ignore the fact that once these 300 ton structures start turning that means parts moving. Moving parts in the past needed to be lubricated, but not in the 300 ton Wind Turbines, they operate on magic.

Production and Maintenance, that doesn't count? We are to believe the largest Wind Farms in the World required zero petro-chemicals? No need for even Propene?

Magic, they simply appear.

Germany Sets New Record, Generating 74 Percent Of Power Needs From Renewable Energy

By Kiley Kroh
May 13, 2014

On Sunday, Germany’s impressive streak of renewable energy milestones continued, with renewable energy generation surging to a record portion — nearly 75 percent — of the country’s overall electricity demand by midday. With wind and solar in particular filling such a huge portion of the country’s power demand, electricity prices actually dipped into the negative for much of the afternoon, according to Renewables International.

In the first quarter of 2014, renewable energy sources met a record 27 percent of the country’s electricity demand, thanks to additional installations and favorable weather. “Renewable generators produced 40.2 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity, up from 35.7 billion kilowatt-hours in the same period last year,” Bloomberg reported. Much of the country’s renewable energy growth has occurred in the past decade and, as a point of comparison, Germany’s 27 percent is double the approximately 13 percent of U.S. electricity supply powered by renewables as of November 2013.

Observers say the records will keep coming as Germany continues its Energiewende, or energy transformation, which aims to power the country almost entirely on renewable sources by 2050.

<snip>

Thinkprogress is not credible

A Fair Assessment of Think Progress

ohn Hinderaker of Power Line Blog has done an excellent job tracking down and debunking the serial lies of Think Progress regarding the Koch brothers. I’ve chimed in too from time to time, but John really has led the charge.

In a post today, John demonstrates yet another Think Progress lie supposedly connecting the departure of David Koch from a Board position at the National Institutes for Health with the reclassification of a chemical used by Koch subsidiary Georgia Pacific as a carcinogen. There is no truth to it.

John sums Think Progress up as follows (emphasis mine):
Everyone makes mistakes, but ThinkProgress is unique. It doesn’t just get things wrong; it consistently fabricates lies out of whole cloth. Anyone who relies on ThinkProgress for information is asking to be deceived.
I think that is a fair assessment, except I’d go one step further. Many of the people who rely on Think Progress for information, which they then republish, do so with full knowledge of the lack of truthfulness and thereby are complicit.

——————————————–

No, and no.

That is simply a lie.

A lie? Bullshit, how do you think Wind Turbines are made of? Sugar and Spice? The world's largest structures covering hundreds of miles did not increase the use of oil?

Lets of course ignore the fact that once these 300 ton structures start turning that means parts moving. Moving parts in the past needed to be lubricated, but not in the 300 ton Wind Turbines, they operate on magic.

Production and Maintenance, that doesn't count? We are to believe the largest Wind Farms in the World required zero petro-chemicals? No need for even Propene?

I already wrote in my very first response to Flacaltenn that -some- oil products are required to build wind turbines, underwater turbines, solar panels and even nuclear power plants - but those things pay for themselves with time.

It's called "capitalism" and making a wise investment. You should try it, you might even like it.

Just for example: if I need the equivalent of 500 gallons of crude oil for the creation of one wind turbine, but within three years, that turbine creates the energy the equivalent of 50,000 gallons of crude oil, then that's a 5,000 to 1 return.

Thank you for playing.

History is not on your side on this one and in 50 years, a lot of people are going to be laughing at fools like you who scoff at renewables.

Oh, and Flacaltenn, btw, the reason why many Wind-Turbines are taken offline for 2 days in a month is for cleaning and maintenance so that less oil products are needed to keep said wind turbine in good shape. This is why a good wind farm has many turbines working at various rates, depending on wind speed and direction of turbine. And on any given day, assuming 15 turbines, one of them may be offline for this very reason. But it is the average output per month, per farm, that counts, and German wind farms are exceeding the output estimates, by far.

No, and no.

That is simply a lie.

I already wrote in my very first response to Flacaltenn that -some- oil products are required to build wind turbines, underwater turbines, solar panels and even nuclear power plants - but those things pay for themselves with time.

It's called "capitalism" and making a wise investment. You should try it, you might even like it.

Just for example: if I need the equivalent of 500 gallons of crude oil for the creation of one wind turbine, but within three years, that turbine creates the energy the equivalent of 50,000 gallons of crude oil, then that's a 5,000 to 1 return.

Thank you for playing.

History is not on your side on this one and in 50 years, a lot of people are going to be laughing at fools like you who scoff at renewables.

Oh, and Flacaltenn, btw, the reason why many Wind-Turbines are taken offline for 2 days in a month is for cleaning and maintenance so that less oil products are needed to keep said wind turbine in good shape. This is why a good wind farm has many turbines working at various rates, depending on wind speed and direction of turbine. And on any given day, assuming 15 turbines, one of them may be offline for this very reason. But it is the average output per month, per farm, that counts, and German wind farms are exceeding the output estimates, by far.

Scheduled maintenance was never an issue to me. Wind takes ITSELF off-line regularly and completely -- MANY times a week. As the charts I posted show.. It AVERAGES 1/3 of its specified capacity over a years time. And often -- short periods of wind activity cannot be utilized because of switching times on the grid to remove the primary generators to take an hour of wind power.

It is unreliable, cannot be scheduled and you cannot write a contract for delivery next Tuesday.. It is merely an opportunistic SUPPLEMENT to the grid -- not an Alternative..

How about another chart so that this point sinks in???

ng_winter0910_wind_demand.jpg

Note: IN THAT CHART -- the wind numbers are not related to the absolute demand curve. They merely show the percentage of ACTUAL power from wind versus the design CAPACITY of that system.

Forum List

Back