Germany buying the NYSE

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Sad day in this country.
A foreign company buying our own Stock Exchange.
Seriously...what's next...the Washington Monument?

This saddens me...WE don't make anything anymore,we won't own the NYSE.This institution is Wall Street.It's lower Manhattan.It's so NY.It's the cornerstone of our Capitalistic Society.To have your Company listed on the NYSE meant a great deal....Now it seems to mean nothing.

We couldn't get someone or some group in the United States to buy it?....

This saddens me...WE don't make anything anymore,we won't own the NYSE.This institution is Wall Street.It's lower Manhattan.It's so NY.It's the cornerstone of our Capitalistic Society.To have your Company listed on the NYSE meant a great deal....Now it seems to mean nothing.

We couldn't get someone or some group in the United States to buy it?....

are you serious? obie wan sells stockholders out for pennies on the dollar.. you cannot be serious.... can you? :cuckoo:

The NYSE is not being sold..it's a merger. And where were you guys when it went to "for profit" effectively killing the cash equities market. Or merged with Euronext and the brits?

:lol:

Our govt is already bought and paid for anyway.
And the Supremes made it legal for foreign owned corps with a presence in the USA to buy even more of our govt.

The NYSE is not being sold..it's a merger. And where were you guys when it went to "for profit" effectively killing the cash equities market. Or merged with Euronext and the brits?

:lol:

I guess you are not familiar with what a merger is?
It has been widely stated as who is the one paying and who is selling.

Sad day in this country.
A foreign company buying our own Stock Exchange.
Seriously...what's next...the Washington Monument?

I laugh and laugh.

I cannot wait till the mavens in Wall street discover that they too are expendable.

A whole lotta libertarians are suddenly going to discover they're not the Atlases they thought they were as they get shrugged off by the Germans.

If I remember correctly, CEOs and the like are not that highly paid in Europe. Something like an order of magnitude lower salaries and bonuses. And they are expected to produce. Perhaps a dose of this will come in as the foriegn companies take over the failed american companies.

Forum List

Back