German Stimulus has failed. It is all going to hell Globally.

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific

BERLIN (AP) -- Germany's economic recovery unexpectedly lost momentum in the fourth quarter as output failed to grow from the previous three months, official data showed Friday.

The preliminary data for the October-December period show gross domestic product was unchanged compared with the previous three months, after quarterly gains in both the second and third quarters brought Europe's biggest economy out of a deep recession.

The German government's Federal Statistical Office identified exports, the traditional driver of the German economy, as the "only positive contribution."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Germany was wise with their stimulus plan. Almost all of the actions were keyed to put people to work and to encourage manufacture of cars, trains, ships and houses. Now, the money has run out and everything is grinding to a halt.

Germany is the strongest economy in Europe. With them faltering the rest of the countries will continue to fall into the Greatest Depression that I have been talking about for many years now.

When I was warning everybody about the three bubbles (Stocks, Credit and Property) that were going to crash, most of my friends seemed to think that I was joking. Now I have been warning for six months about the outrageous bubble in stock valuation. This time, many of my friends tell me they have gone to Government bonds and notes.

Good. At least this time the Corrupt Bankers like Goldman Sachs will not make off with all of their investment money.

Here is the Baltic Dry Index. Note the two recent blips up in global shipping.

That was the two periods where China was importing massive amounts of commodities to fuel their stimulus plan. Well, they have done everything that they knew how to do, and they still have massive unemployment in China.
Bloomberg.com: Personal Finance

BERLIN (AP) -- Germany's economic recovery unexpectedly lost momentum in the fourth quarter as output failed to grow from the previous three months, official data showed Friday.

The preliminary data for the October-December period show gross domestic product was unchanged compared with the previous three months, after quarterly gains in both the second and third quarters brought Europe's biggest economy out of a deep recession.

The German government's Federal Statistical Office identified exports, the traditional driver of the German economy, as the "only positive contribution."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Germany was wise with their stimulus plan. Almost all of the actions were keyed to put people to work and to encourage manufacture of cars, trains, ships and houses. Now, the money has run out and everything is grinding to a halt.

Germany is the strongest economy in Europe. With them faltering the rest of the countries will continue to fall into the Greatest Depression that I have been talking about for many years now.

When I was warning everybody about the three bubbles (Stocks, Credit and Property) that were going to crash, most of my friends seemed to think that I was joking. Now I have been warning for six months about the outrageous bubble in stock valuation. This time, many of my friends tell me they have gone to Government bonds and notes.

Good. At least this time the Corrupt Bankers like Goldman Sachs will not make off with all of their investment money.

And the Germans managed to keep their manufacturing base from leaving the country. If they're in the shit, then the rest of Europe is doomed. As are we.

Forum List

Back