German Solar company Goes Bankrupt

Germany's Solar Industry Is In Trouble As Its Biggest Company Goes Bankrupt - Business Insider

Q-Cells, one of the biggest solar cell manufacturers in Germany and the world, has filed for bankruptcy, Spiegel Online reports. It’s the fourth German solar energy company to go bust in recent times.
Q-Cells reportedly lost ($1.1 billion) in 2011.

I thought solar was the answer?

Germany's weather and frequency of sun for "solar" power is about the same as Western Washington -- maybe THAT is the problem.

I have a little solar power here. It's still overpriced, overrated, horse shit unless you live in a powerfully sunny climate with little rain. It aint much worth a shit in the rain forest except for March April and part of May. Wind on the other hand :clap2:

I'd agree with the last two posts. Parts of southern germany tend to be quite sunny but much of the country suffers from grim overcast weather. You also have to take into account that the markets being flooded with cheaper solar panels from China - I guess it could be a combination of factors. Maybe the German companies will bounce back, considering Germany's exit from nuclear power...

Forum List

Back