German Rating Agency Feri Downgrades US Government Bonds: AAA to AA

Why would the American media care about what a small German ratings agency thinks? A small Chinese ratings agency also downgraded US debt a year ago, and no one cared then either.

Its the same as Obama's Illegal War on Libya, the LMSM won't say anything bad about Obama and the Progressives following in total lockstep.

Yeah, downgrading the USA...no biggie.

Moodys?

Who the fuck are they?

PIMCO purging US Treasuries from their portfolio? So what?

And Jeff Gundlach was buying Treasuries. Gundlach has been right, Gross has been wrong. At least so far.

A small German ratings agency doesn't matter. Moody's and S&P matter. But even then, the market is ahead of the ratings agencies. Moody's put the US on negative watch, and Treasury bonds have gone up in price ever since.

We had a Tech Bubble, which led to the biggest monetary and fiscal stimulus ever up to that time. Which gave us the Housing Bubble, which led to an even bigger monetary and fiscal stimulus ever. Which will give us ... ???

Maybe a currency crisis. The Tech Bubble led to the even bigger Housing Bubble. The enormous Greenspan/Bush stimulus led to the even bigger Bernanke/Obama stimulus. If this story continues to follow form, then the next crisis has to be even bigger. To me, that might be a currency crisis.

Its only because the rest of the world is even more fucked up than we are that there is a flight to "Safety" keeping US treasuries low. The same way everyone was a Tech genius under Clinton (yes I owned Global Crossing and JDSU) and then real estate barons, I think owner of US Treasuries might want to think twice about lending to a guy who had no trouble fucking over Chrysler Senior Secured creditors to pay off the UAW.

A small German ratings agency doesn't matter. Moody's and S&P matter. But even then, the market is ahead of the ratings agencies.

maybe not, but a lot of small ones would

as to Moody's & S&P, they aren't covered by the sec, and are primarilly ex-wall streeters

no bias there , eh?

A small German ratings agency doesn't matter. Moody's and S&P matter. But even then, the market is ahead of the ratings agencies.

maybe not, but a lot of small ones would

as to Moody's & S&P, they aren't covered by the sec, and are primarilly ex-wall streeters

no bias there , eh?

If you believed Moody's & S&P you are likely poor broke & homeless by now & posting on here via public library. I downgraded the US Debt 4 years ago now. The rest of the world started to catch on last year. After a complete collapse of the US dollar Moody's & S&P will get around to downgrading the US from AAA.

Forum List

Back