German police fired 85 bullets total in 2011

According to Germany's Der Spiegel, German police shot only 85 bullets in all of 2011, a stark reminder that not every country is as gun-crazy as the U.S. of A. As Boing Boing translates, most of those shots weren't even aimed anyone: "49 warning shots, 36 shots on suspects. 15 persons were injured, 6 were killed."

German Police Used Only 85 Bullets Against People in 2011 - Yahoo! News

See, you're just not thinking like a ConservaRepub. If they had distributed tens of thousands of guns all over the country, then there would have been enough armed people to stop the crime and prevent those 6 people from being killed.

According to Germany's Der Spiegel, German police shot only 85 bullets in all of 2011, a stark reminder that not every country is as gun-crazy as the U.S. of A. As Boing Boing translates, most of those shots weren't even aimed anyone: "49 warning shots, 36 shots on suspects. 15 persons were injured, 6 were killed."

It is remarkable. I would imagine that the founders would be horrified at the proliferation of weapons and chuckle at the suggestion that their intent was for anyone to own weapons outside of the "well regulated militia" they mentioned.

you're right Germany is so like the US...only the gun laws are different. Do you guys learn to argue in the school of retard...because that's the only audience that's gonna buy this sham

you're right Germany is so like the US...only the gun laws are different. Do you guys learn to argue in the school of retard...because that's the only audience that's gonna buy this sham

I'm curious, why do you think we have so many shooting related deaths here relative to other developed countries?

That is a terrible ratio. We have kids in popular movie theaters with better records than that. No wonder they lose in world wars.

That is a terrible ratio. We have kids in popular movie theaters with better records than that. No wonder they lose in world wars.

LOL nice one....anytime we make fun of Europeans losing wars.....all good!

I'm curious, why do you think we have so many shooting related deaths here relative to other developed countries?

Because of....how to put this....."diversity". Other "developed" countries are pretty homogenous so the poor cant whine and blame every problem on racism (aka whitey) AND they probably dont have politicians that suck votes out of a group they dont care about as much as democrats do to blacks (funny how all the major crime rates are in well non white areas).....but hey those countries have no shot of their govenment being overthrown (that's not a complimant, btw)

Last edited:

Because of....how to put this....."diversity". Other "developed" countries are pretty homogenous so the poor cant whine and blame every problem on racism (aka whitey) AND they probably dont have politicians that suck votes out of a group they dont care about as much as democrats do to blacks (funny how all the major crime rates are in well non white areas).....but hey those countries have no shot of their govenment being overthrown (that's not a complimant, btw)
Wrong, all European countries have diversity now.

Germany is a small country compared to the U.S. We'd have to count the number of times police in each state fire shots and come up with a more accurate comparison.

Diversity.

Our problem is diversity, according to you.

Can I ask you this. The countries on the list on the Wikipedia link...the ones above the US. Are they diverse or do they have another problem?

i am an american, and insulting europeans is a skill we are born with. I do prefer insulting the tea sipping queen loving hippies of england much more, but germans are fair game.

We have done some pretty stupid things in our country, but at least we did not crash our economy by tying it to a bunch of lazy greeks.

Germany is a small country compared to the U.S. We'd have to count the number of times police in each state fire shots and come up with a more accurate comparison.
The study is per 100,000. It has nothing to do with the overall population.

i am an american, and insulting europeans is a skill we are born with. I do prefer insulting the tea sipping queen loving hippies of england much more, but germans are fair game.

We have done some pretty stupid things in our country, but at least we did not crash our economy by tying it to a bunch of lazy greeks.

well we still have time........and we really need to blowup this thing and start back at the original constitution, with some changes, like keeping slavery outlawed and I think i'd curb the supreme court a little more....

Actually, Spain has less than one [.9] firearm related death per 100,000 ... they're hispanic.

Afros are far worse than hispanics, and by hispanics we mean mestizos. Spain doesn't have mestizos. Hispanic mestizos are worse than Spaniards.

It's unimpressive for any country not crawling with Afros to boast of low firearms deaths.

Forum List

Back