Gerald Ford was a good president for America., I rate him very highly.

Fair enough, I will join the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario. I am a 'Red Tory' person.

Also, I am involved in my school's student council. Last year, I was appointed grade 11 representative. That was fun. I also ran to be Vice President this coming school year. I lost, by a close margin. Don't worry, I stopped crying after the first hour :rolleyes:. The interesting part was that our elected president was caught drinking on a school trip and was demoted to 2nd vice president, and the vice president became president. So I really could have become another Gerald Ford!

archangel said:
that Ford would have definetly been a better President than Jimmy"Peanut"Carter...however "he finished the withdrawl from Saigon" this was his downfall....only the tie dyed t-shirt crowd wanted this....most if not all Vietnam Vet's wanted to finish the job...Ford caved into political pressure! :cry:

I dont think that the withdrawl of troops was Gerald's biggest downfall, it was the fact that he pardoned Nixon and the press at the time would not let that go when he ran against Carter, Nixon had already pulled most of our people out of Vietnam.

Big Blue Machin said:
Fair enough, I will join the Progressive Conservative Party of Ontario. I am a 'Red Tory' person.

Also, I am involved in my school's student council. Last year, I was appointed grade 11 representative. That was fun. I also ran to be Vice President this coming school year. I lost, by a close margin. Don't worry, I stopped crying after the first hour :rolleyes:. The interesting part was that our elected president was caught drinking on a school trip and was demoted to 2nd vice president, and the vice president became president. So I really could have become another Gerald Ford!

One of my favorite posters, Semper Fi is very close in age to you. He should be returning in a few days. Watch for him. Welcome, really!

archangel said:
Ever hear about "Black ops"? Many countries were represented in Vietnam...some overt some covert...no more will be said(pun)! :rolleyes:

I'll take your word for it.

What about the Somalians? Blink once for yes, twice for no. :D

Big Blue Machin said:

Well good luck, I'll keep an eye out for you! Maybe you could do a co-op wiith Harris this summer. :tng:

Said1 said:
Canadian uniforms, really?

Were there any Somalians there? Seriously, not joking.

Didn't see any Canadians there myself, but there were Aussies and Filipinos and S. Korean ROK marines in our area of operations.

Somalian soldiers? Is that like the Jamacan Bobsled team?

xandy123 said:
I dont think that the withdrawl of troops was Gerald's biggest downfall, it was the fact that he pardoned Nixon and the press at the time would not let that go when he ran against Carter, Nixon had already pulled most of our people out of Vietnam.

I was just being polite toward the past President G.Ford...he had many other faults...one was not taking charge and giving the military the go ahead to finish the job in Vietnam...enough said! :rolleyes:

gaffer said:
Didn't see any Canadians there myself, but there were Aussies and Filipinos and S. Korean ROK marines in our area of operations.

Disney made a movie on the Jamican Bobsled team, right? Damn, I'm bad at this stuff. They made a movie about some island bobsled team...

gaffer said:

Seriously, someone who was there told me they saw them there. Maybe they were confused with Djibouti. This person is not full of crap, but I will still ask again for clarification.

gaffer said:

Canada had troops akin to the US during the start of WWII...alot of US pilots joined the Canadian AF...off the record they were not there...but for Black OP's...war is not always up front...alot of mystery is found buried in dark and dank halls of military history! :)

archangel said:
Canada had troops akin to the US during the start of WWII...alot of US pilots joined the Canadian AF...off the record they were not there...but for Black OP's...war is not always up front...alot of mystery is found buried in dark and dank halls of military history! :)
Like Canadians in Iraq now? I've heard tell. In a way like Merchant marines, but whatever branch?

Kathianne said:
Like Canadians in Iraq now? I've heard tell. In a way like Merchant marines, but whatever branch?

Sometimes leaders of a country cannot be overt in support...but covert has and always will be.......... :wtf:

archangel said:
Sometimes leaders of a country cannot be overt in support...but covert has and always be.......... :wtf:

Well I'm not so sure about the leaders. I doubt the Canadian leaders want to be in Iraq presently, but seems some Canadians do. I would assume the same during Vietnam, considering what the government of Canada was doing regarding draftees during that 'conflict.'

Kathianne said:
Well I'm not so sure about the leaders. I doubt the Canadian leaders want to be in Iraq presently, but seems some Canadians do. I would assume the same during Vietnam, considering what the government of Canada was doing regarding draftees during that 'conflict.'

Things are not always what they appear to be..I assume you are refering to the draft dodgers who were accepted in Canada during the Vietnam conflict...false fronts make for great intelligence! :bye1:

archangel said:
Things are not always what they appear to be..I assume you are refering to the draft dodgers who were accepted in Canada during the Vietnam conflict...false fronts make for great intelligence! :bye1:
I'm dismissed, I defer to your superior inside knowledge.

Said1 said:
Seriously, someone who was there told me they saw them there. Maybe they were confused with Djibouti. This person is not full of crap, but I will still ask again for clarification.

Its posible but he may have been in error of where he thought they were from, or may have been told wrong by someone else. Experienced that myself. Someone told me one thing and I took it for fact until years later when I found out differently. Arch is right there was a lot of black ops going on at the time and they could have been there under the CIA or something.
I was just a regular infantry grunt so I didn't know what was going on in the big picture, hell half the time I did't even know where I was. And why Somalis would be there is beyond me. Other than maybe contract labor.

Said1 said:
How rude!

Canadians present or not, we sure as hell sold a ton of weapons and equipment for you guys to use over there.

I'm rude? I was deferring to someone that had been there. I was in grade school!

gaffer said:
Its posible but he may have been in error of where he thought they were from, or may have been told wrong by someone else. Experienced that myself. Someone told me one thing and I took it for fact until years later when I found out differently. Arch is right there was a lot of black ops going on at the time and they could have been there under the CIA or something.
I was just a regular infantry grunt so I didn't know what was going on in the big picture, hell half the time I did't even know where I was. And why Somalis would be there is beyond me. Other than maybe contract labor.

Something to do with the french early on maybe? That's why I thought he might be confused with Djibouti. :huh:

Forum List

Back