Georgian territories giveaway

chito

Rookie
Jun 6, 2012
Nice to see that Clinton support the territorial integrity of my country, but I wonder if she knows that Saakashvili almost gave away some of Georgian territories? In Turkish schoolbooks Adjara and Batumi are referred as parts of Turkey... Turkey's deputy minister Bulent Arinc said that he never heard about that before, but this is a lie. In Adjara I saw that schoolbook with mark that confirms approval of Turkish ministry of education. Really, I doubt that they have no idea what's going on in their own ministries... Also Arinc for many times met with our PM Nika Gilauri and it seems Saakashvili sent PM to make a deal... And I wonder was there any sense to spill blood because of Ossetia and Abkhazia, especially now, when Saakashvili in fact passed Adjara and Batumi to Turkey? I won't be surprised if our president sold these territories and put the money into his pockets. What else I have to say, our Mikheil continues to freak out...

Why do you think Saakashvili wanted to "give" Adjara away?

I see no evidence of that.

Batumi is a shthole, I'd happily give it away myself, but Georgia is a small country, and needs to hold on to the land it has.

Forum List

Back