Georgia woman calls police on black man baby-sitting 2 white kids

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest

A Georgia woman has been accused of racial profiling after she called the police on an African-American man who was baby-sitting two white children.

Corey Lewis, the baby sitter, accuses the woman of following and harassing him for the better part of an hour on Sunday afternoon in Marietta, Georgia.

Lewis said he first noticed the woman staring at him as he returned to his car after taking the kids to Subway. Lewis said the woman then drove up alongside his vehicle to ask if the brother and sister were OK.

“Why wouldn’t they be OK?,” Lewis said he responded. His answer did not satisfy the woman who was apparently concerned for the children's safety.

Lewis said that after driving off, she then returned and asked to speak to the eldest child, Addison.

Lewis said he refused because she was a stranger. “The lady got upset and she said, ‘OK, I’m going to take your license plate number,’” he recalled.

Lewis said the woman then followed as he drove home, where he was met by police. The woman has not been identified and Cobb County police could not immediately be reached for comment.

Lewis recorded parts of what happened in a series of Facebook Lives, which quickly went viral.​

There's plenty of room for those who come forward after the body is found. I saw them and got suspicious. I didn't say anything because I don't want to be called a racist.

There's plenty of room for those who come forward after the body is found. I saw them and got suspicious. I didn't say anything because I don't want to be called a racist.
Whats suspicious about a Black man with two white kids? its not like Black men dont date white women.
Sho’, but they ain’t gonna be they chil’ren’s daddies.

Whats suspicious about a Black man with two white kids? its not like Black men dont date white women.
Sho’, but they ain’t gonna be they chil’ren’s daddies.
Why you say that? I'm a daddy to a white girl.

I’m Black. My Son is White. Here’s How People Treat Us. — What It's Like to Adopt Transracially

landscape-1489001536-transracial-adoption.jpg

A Georgia woman has been accused of racial profiling after she called the police on an African-American man who was baby-sitting two white children.

Corey Lewis, the baby sitter, accuses the woman of following and harassing him for the better part of an hour on Sunday afternoon in Marietta, Georgia.

Lewis said he first noticed the woman staring at him as he returned to his car after taking the kids to Subway. Lewis said the woman then drove up alongside his vehicle to ask if the brother and sister were OK.

“Why wouldn’t they be OK?,” Lewis said he responded. His answer did not satisfy the woman who was apparently concerned for the children's safety.

Lewis said that after driving off, she then returned and asked to speak to the eldest child, Addison.

Lewis said he refused because she was a stranger. “The lady got upset and she said, ‘OK, I’m going to take your license plate number,’” he recalled.

Lewis said the woman then followed as he drove home, where he was met by police. The woman has not been identified and Cobb County police could not immediately be reached for comment.

Lewis recorded parts of what happened in a series of Facebook Lives, which quickly went viral.​

I wonder if she would have called the police had it been a black woman rather than a black man with the kids. I'm not denying the probable racial component of this story, I'm just pointing out that gender may also have played a part. As a male nanny, I've certainly noticed that people react quite differently to men in child care positions than they do women. Take someone who's already upset to see young white kids with a black adult, then make that adult a man...

Always believe the woman.
She didnt accuse him of sexual assault.
He was raping them.
Who told you that? I know she didnt make that claim.
I did and I'm a woman.

I see your own medicine tastes like the streets of San Fransisco.
So you admit the woman didnt make that claim. Thanks. Youre not a woman.

I dont take medicine. Youre just mad because your little quip fell flat like your ass.

That's why whites should shut up and come forward only after the bodies are found.

I wonder if she would have called the police had it been a black woman rather than a black man with the kids. I'm not denying the probable racial component of this story, I'm just pointing out that gender may also have played a part. As a male nanny, I've certainly noticed that people react quite differently to men in child care positions than they do women. Take someone who's already upset to see young white kids with a black adult, then make that adult a man...
Thats true. You are probably less likely to assume the worst if its a woman.

Forum List

Back