Georgia Republicans Nominate Birther For Governor

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Georgia Republicans Nominate Birther For Governor

U.S. Rep. Nathan Deal, now a Republican candidate for governor, this morning declared himself in sympathy with those questioning whether President Barack Obama was born in the U.S.A.

The occasion was an online chat the congressman had with supporters this morning. And the question came from Tom Crawford of Capitol Impact.
Do you believe that Barack Obama is a native-born American citizen who is eligible to serve as president? I am asking because your comments on this issue have been a little ambiguous.
I would appreciate your clearing this up.

At 9:17 a.m., Deal tapped out this: I am joining several of my colleagues in the House in writing a letter to the President asking that he release a copy of his birth certificate so we can have an answer to this question.

And, oh yea, that’s not all. Deal left Congress under an ethical cloud and may be the subject of an ongoing Federal Grand Jury investigation.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pHhItkhc7o[/ame]

what is truly hilarious is that modbert "conveniently" leaves out that the guy has previously said he believes obama was in fact born in the US....

all there is to see here is him pandering to a voter, he is clearly not a birther, total lie

what is truly hilarious is that modbert "conveniently" leaves out that the guy has previously said he believes obama was in fact born in the US....

all there is to see here is him pandering to a voter, he is clearly not a birther, total lie

Actually, he switched his view and became a Birther.

This is a new position for Deal. Back in August, my AJC colleague Aaron Gould Sheinin asked much the same question. This was the response he received from Deal campaign spokesman Harris Blackwood:

Sounds like to me he became a birther.

Nice try Yurt. :cool:

Nathan Deal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Before he resigned:

The Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) lists Deal as one of the 15 most corrupt members of Congress, for trying to influence officials for personal gain.[6] According to the The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Deal "personally intervened with Georgia leaders to preserve an obscure state program that earns his company nearly $300,000 a year." The state funded DOR salvage inspection program is paid for with $1.7 million taxpayer dollars annually. This program makes use of two salvaged vehicle storage facilities (one in Gainesville and one in Hazelhurst) in which Deal is part owner. The state pays a $100 fee to Deal's businesses per car inspected at their site, this fee is the highest in the state.[7]

Nathan Deal exceeded congressional limits on outside income and used his U.S. House office and staff to protect money coming from a no-bid state business deal.[8] On March 29, 2010, the Office of Congressional Ethics released a report concluding that Mr. Deal improperly used his office staff to pressure Georgia officials to continue the state vehicle inspection program that generated hundreds of thousands of dollars a year for his family’s auto salvage business.[9]

This is a new position for Deal. Back in August, my AJC colleague Aaron Gould Sheinin asked much the same question. This was the response he received from Deal campaign spokesman Harris Blackwood:

do you comprehend things beyond a 5th grade level?

he is on the record as saying obama was born here....all you're doing here is spouting left wing talking points as if they are facts....it is not a new position at all...his constituents want him to ask obama to show proof, so he is pandering to them

it doesn't mean he believes obama is not eligible....there are many folk who believe he is eligible, however, don't understand why he won't release a copy of the original (but i don't want to start that again)

suffice it to say, you failed big time here

yawn

another republicans are not good thread by modbert

it's not a republicans are not good thread....

it's a birfer psycho wants to be governor of georgia. :cuckoo:

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution said he was called by a good government group "one of the 15 Most Corrupt Members of Congress”.

Nathan Deal: Among “15 Most Corrupt Members of Congress” | Cynthia Tucker

Surely you don't think that's ok from either a dem or a repub, do you?

right, modbert really created this thread to show how "good" republicans are....come on jillian

as to his deal with congress....its smells bad, he resigned...i don't know anything about him or why he was picked over the other pub candidate

he is on the record as saying obama was born here....all you're doing here is spouting left wing talking points as if they are facts....it is not a new position at all...his constituents want him to ask obama to show proof, so he is pandering to them

it doesn't mean he believes obama is not eligible....there are many folk who believe he is eligible, however, don't understand why he won't release a copy of the original (but i don't want to start that again)

anyone sane knows that the president DID show his birth certificate...

no he did not....anyone who knows anything or looked at knows it is not a copy of the birth certificate, it is an electronic or computer generated certificate of live birth....

i am surprised you don't know this

So what if he's on record in the past saying Obama was born here? That's like saying nobody can change their position on anything.

Why would he pander to the birther crowd if he supposedly doesn't believe Obama was not born here? Would you want someone in office who is willing to pander such crowds? I wouldn't. The guy is a birther, he is on record in his latest statement saying he wants Obama to show his birth certificate.

Simple as that Yurt. You can try and excuse it as many ways as you want but it won't work.

So what if he's on record in the past saying Obama was born here? That's like saying nobody can change their position on anything.

Why would he pander to the birther crowd if he supposedly doesn't believe Obama was not born here? Would you want someone in office who is willing to pander such crowds? I wouldn't. The guy is a birther, he is on record in his latest statement saying he wants Obama to show his birth certificate.

Simple as that Yurt. You can try and excuse it as many ways as you want but it won't work.

politicians pander for dumber stuff than this all the time....

fact: he never changed his position.

you are using the OPINION of your lefty article as fact that he changed his stance, that is not true....all his said was that he would try to ask obama for the certificate....

big friggen deal, it means nothing and your leaving out that salient fact of his prior statement only shows you're being a partisan hack on this issue

you are using the OPINION of your lefty article as fact that he changed his stance, that is not true....all his said was that he would try to ask obama for the certificate....

big friggen deal, it means nothing and your leaving out that salient fact of his prior statement only shows you're being a partisan hack on this issue

Wat.

At 9:17 a.m., Deal tapped out this: I am joining several of my colleagues in the House in writing a letter to the President asking that he release a copy of his birth certificate so we can have an answer to this question.

That's a birther. The question has already been answered. Or did you miss the part where he thinks that Obama being a citizen is still not answered?

no he did not....anyone who knows anything or looked at knows it is not a copy of the birth certificate, it is an electronic or computer generated certificate of live birth....

which is the ONLY thing the State of Hawaii reissues
and it is sufficient for the purpose used

bummer...

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to DiveCon again

bummer...

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to DiveCon again
its sad that this guy changed his mind for political gain
but then, i'm finding few politician actually care about truth and honesty anymore
not that it was ever a high priority for many

no its not....for $10 you can get a copy of the original

i have posted on this numerous times and i am amazed how many people don't know this....don't believe me, call up hawaii registrar and ask them

Wat.

That's a birther. The question has already been answered. Or did you miss the part where he thinks that Obama being a citizen is still not answered?

yea.....for his constituents

he already said he believes obama was born here

just admit you screwed up here modbert and you unfailingly leaped at the chance to bash republicans because you blindly trusted a left wing article

Forum List

Back