Georgia Congressman lays out Republican ideology

EriktheRed

Eh...
Jun 27, 2009
IL
I wish all the GOoPers in Congress could have this much candor:

It’s so much more refreshing when Republicans just say what they believe.

Rep. Rob Woodall, a Georgia Republican, made a vigorous ideological defense of ending Medicare as it currently exists, telling seniors at a local town hall that they ought not look to the government to provide health care for the elderly just because their private employer doesn’t offer health benefits for retirees.

A Woodall constituent raised a practical obstacle to obtaining coverage in the private market within the confines of an employer-based health insurance system: What happens when you retire?

“The private corporation that I retired from does not give medical benefits to retirees,” the woman told the congressman in video captured a local Patch reporter in Dacula, Ga.

“Hear yourself, ma’am. Hear yourself,” Woodall told the woman. “You want the government to take care of you, because your employer decided not to take care of you. My question is, ‘When do I decide I’m going to take care of me?’”

At the same event, when another constituent suggested the voucher may be inadequate in covering growing health care costs, Woodall suggested she leave the United States to go to one of the other industrialized countries that offer coverage for everyone.

Political Animal - At the intersection of candor, callousness, and conservatism

:clap2:

As opposed to the Democrats who simply lie and tell people they can have whatever they want because gov't is going to raise taxes on the rich.

As opposed to the Democrats who simply lie and tell people they can have whatever they want because gov't is going to raise taxes on the rich.

No one ever said "you can have whatever you want". You know how I know I'm right. You'll NEVER post a link backing up your claim. I win.

Medicare needs to be reformed. We can't let the same people who collapsed the US hosing market destroy our health care system

No one ever said "you can have whatever you want". You know how I know I'm right. You'll NEVER post a link backing up your claim. I win.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI]YouTube - ‪Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!!‬‏[/ame]

Democrats in 2008: "These two entities—Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac—are not facing any kind of financial crisis,"

Democrats in 2011: These two entities—Medicare and Medicaid—are not facing any kind of financial crisis

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P36x8rTb3jI]YouTube - ‪Obama Is Going To Pay For My Gas And Mortgage!!!‬‏[/ame]

So which Democrat told her that? You said that Democrats are telling people this. Like you, that woman is an idiot.

• Thanks
Reactions: Cal
I wish all the GOoPers in Congress could have this much candor:

It’s so much more refreshing when Republicans just say what they believe.

Rep. Rob Woodall, a Georgia Republican, made a vigorous ideological defense of ending Medicare as it currently exists, telling seniors at a local town hall that they ought not look to the government to provide health care for the elderly just because their private employer doesn’t offer health benefits for retirees.

A Woodall constituent raised a practical obstacle to obtaining coverage in the private market within the confines of an employer-based health insurance system: What happens when you retire?

“The private corporation that I retired from does not give medical benefits to retirees,” the woman told the congressman in video captured a local Patch reporter in Dacula, Ga.

“Hear yourself, ma’am. Hear yourself,” Woodall told the woman. “You want the government to take care of you, because your employer decided not to take care of you. My question is, ‘When do I decide I’m going to take care of me?’”

At the same event, when another constituent suggested the voucher may be inadequate in covering growing health care costs, Woodall suggested she leave the United States to go to one of the other industrialized countries that offer coverage for everyone.

Political Animal - At the intersection of candor, callousness, and conservatism

:clap2:

Gotta admire his candor.

I agree.

Not sure the voters will, of course.

But I do think his POV is basically the POV of the GOP.

If only the other 434 members of the House had the same attitude then we could wean the American people away from this suicidal culture of dependency and entitlement our unconstitutional federal largesse has created the last seventy-eight years.

Maybe one of the House Repubs' Alaska delegation could recommend we start putting the elderly out in the cold, like Inuits sometimes did.

If only the other 434 members of the House had the same attitude then we could wean the American people away from this suicidal culture of dependency and entitlement our unconstitutional federal largesse has created the last seventy-eight years.

Funny you said "people" and not "corporations".

Because it's the corporations that cost the people.

Funny you said "people" and not "corporations".

Because it's the corporations that cost the people.

Because no one ever got a salary, dividend payment, stock option or capital gain from a corporation.
Right??

Maybe one of the House Repubs' Alaska delegation could recommend we start putting the elderly out in the cold, like Inuits sometimes did.

Or Jan Brewer. Who was directly responsible for the deaths of 2 people.

Herr Goebbels would be proud!

Well, considering he was a progandist for a government who did these kinds of things to people who were "unproductive", he probably would be proud of today's GOP.

Or Jan Brewer. Who was directly responsible for the deaths of 2 people.

Herr Goebbels would be proud!

Well, considering he was a progandist for a government who did these kinds of things to people who were "unproductive", he probably would be proud of today's GOP.

Considering that Goebbels actually held an honorary membership in the Democratic Party, given to him by Amb. Kennedy, what he would approve is the repetition of the lie that Gov Brewer killed people.

If people were expected to provide for their own needs, they would do so. If a person refuses to provide for his own needs, shame on him. And shame on those who would steal from the rest of us to enable that individual to not provide for himself. Far better that a few indigents die tragically as a result of unfortunate circumstances or poor decision-making than that every taxpayer be burdened with carrying the weight of those who won't do so for themselves.

If people were expected to provide for their own needs, they would do so. If a person refuses to provide for his own needs, shame on him. And shame on those who would steal from the rest of us to enable that individual to not provide for himself. Far better that a few indigents die tragically as a result of unfortunate circumstances or poor decision-making than that every taxpayer be burdened with carrying the weight of those who won't do so for themselves.

Your thinking should lead the RNC...go for it.

Forum List

Back