Georgia City Councilman Resigns After Claiming Interracial Marriage Is Wrong

I would not have doubted that people like this still exist. What is shocking is that a person in a position of power and public trust believed that he could say this out loud and actually get away with it!

Bible Belt Racism: A Georgia city councilman has resigned after publicly opposing interracial marriage because of his sincerely held Christian beliefs.

Earlier this year Hoschton City Councilman Jim Cleveland defended his mayor’s decision to discriminate against a black man by citing his sincerely held Christian beliefs and his opposition to interracial marriage.

At the time, Councilman Cleveland explained that he is a Christian, and as a Christian, he has a problem with “race mixing.”

Someone should point out to him that the vast majority of Christians would find this belief revolting. The good news is:

After making headlines for his openly racist claim, Cleveland was faced with mounting opposition and a recall election next month, and so decided to resign rather than fact the public humiliation of a recall.

In related news, the mayor is a bigot also:

Georgia mayor under fire for alleged remarks about black job candidate

The mayor of Hoschton, a nearly all-white community 50 miles northeast of Atlanta, allegedly withheld a job candidate from consideration for city administrator because he was black, an AJC investigation has found.

According to documents obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and interviews with city officials, Mayor Theresa Kenerly told a member of the City Council she pulled the resume of Keith Henry from a packet of four finalists “because he is black, and the city isn’t ready for this.”

Just pretend that the inter-racial couple was aborted, then you'll no longer give a fuck.

The really scary part is that we cannot exercise our Rights without knuckleheads wanting to censor others. We all discriminate. Who do YOU discriminate against?

Everyone.
Really ? Prove it !
I'm a complete asshole half breed and discriminate daily against the fucker that brushes my toofz

A person may exercise his right to speak, which this guy did, but nothing shields anyone from the consequences that might follow from the content of that speech. People have a right to expect that an office holder can carry out his or her duties competently and without discrimination and this guy was declaring that he is untrustworthy.

The reference to this guy's speech as about "a sincerely held belief" demonstrates how much that weird cultural and tribal beliefs have attached themselves to the Christian faith like ticks. People just listening must think that Christianity is a made-up religion. I think that this phenomenon occurs in other religions, as well.

I have a response for you... and just for you. What that other poster said is that he thought someone stamped out people with the view that whites should have the option of having separate communities. He didn't know they existed.

Put another way, the consequences to speaking out are going to be genocide - whether subtle or overt. If that is the consequence, then no need to B.S. each other, maybe a culture war is inevitable. The United States sends BILLIONS to people like the Israelis so that they may have their own homeland while denying its own citizens the Right to Freedom of Association and the Freedom of Religion. Other people can have their own homeland, but we aren't even allowed the luxury of having our own culture, communities, and the Right to retain our own history. If the left wants to make threats, I'd say to you I am the first to stand and face the consequences, but rest assured, the sword can cut both ways.

No one should be able to threaten another's Rights without a fight.

What are you even talking about??? What "genocide"? Nobody is killing anyone off, nobody is telling you whom to associate with or what religion to practice. Nobody is telling you not to have kids.

Americans already have "our own culture, communities, and the Right to retain our own history." Who is threatening anyone? Who is this "left" that supposedly is making threats? You sound like you have thoughts of committing violence against your fellow Americans.

There is no such thing as "white culture," in any event. Whites, like every other "race," come from many different and dissimilar backgrounds and ethnicities, and have many different likes and dislikes. There is no "sameness" among us.

Please answer on this thread, not in a bizarre message in my inbox.

Someone makes a veiled threat against my culture (i.e. that we even exist is abhorrent to that poster) and "I" have thoughts of violence? Are you capable of having a rational conversation?

FACTS: The left is taking down the monuments, memorials, and statues of anything white - and the includes statues of singers like Kate Smith. The extremists have attacked the flags of our forefathers, demanded to change our currency and want reparations for ancient history - as if blacks want to pay reparations for people they held in slavery during biblical times.

It is the left with their psychologists and psychiatrists that think every headache requires mind altering drugs. It is the non-believers and the extremists advocating for homosexuality, inter-racial marriage, and the end of the traditional family. And, no, we are no longer safe as a race. We are less than half of this country's population. Between the interracial marriages, homosexuality, the influx of foreigners where upward of a million new citizens are sworn in (most non-white and non - Christian), undocumented foreigners having children that become birthright citizens, the facts simply don't support what you believe

Your culture is not as a member of the Confederate States of America. White descendants of dead confederate soldiers got reparations until at least 2017. White people did not make America alone, therefore people from other races deserve to be honored on our currency. The "traditional" family had nothing to do with race. White supremacy needs to go and if you're a white supremacist that means you. Otherwise, whites are in no danger from anyone. Leave your delusion. When whites got here people were watching them land on shore. This land has never been exclusively the property of whites. Those who were here before whites agreed to let them stay here. So as Muddy Waters once told us-"You can't lose what you ain't got and you can't loose what you ain't never had."

Absolute delusional horse manure. The Right of Conquest was internationally recognized when the United States ratified the Constitution. I've slaved for many a company and when the doors opened, nobody ever knew my name.

So, dude, you can't lose what YOU never had. If you want reparations, politely pay my ancestors for them having been held as slaves during biblical times.

The right to conquest was only a white European concept and was not internationally ratified. You've never slaved and the US government owes us reparations. We don't owe you shit.

I have a response for you... and just for you. What that other poster said is that he thought someone stamped out people with the view that whites should have the option of having separate communities. He didn't know they existed.

Put another way, the consequences to speaking out are going to be genocide - whether subtle or overt. If that is the consequence, then no need to B.S. each other, maybe a culture war is inevitable. The United States sends BILLIONS to people like the Israelis so that they may have their own homeland while denying its own citizens the Right to Freedom of Association and the Freedom of Religion. Other people can have their own homeland, but we aren't even allowed the luxury of having our own culture, communities, and the Right to retain our own history. If the left wants to make threats, I'd say to you I am the first to stand and face the consequences, but rest assured, the sword can cut both ways.

What are you even talking about??? What "genocide"? Nobody is killing anyone off, nobody is telling you whom to associate with or what religion to practice. Nobody is telling you not to have kids.

Americans already have "our own culture, communities, and the Right to retain our own history." Who is threatening anyone? Who is this "left" that supposedly is making threats? You sound like you have thoughts of committing violence against your fellow Americans.

There is no such thing as "white culture," in any event. Whites, like every other "race," come from many different and dissimilar backgrounds and ethnicities, and have many different likes and dislikes. There is no "sameness" among us.

So, if someone wants to live in a segregated community and send their kids to segregated schools, that's OK? How about starting a college fund for poor white kids only?

I see no problem NAACP versus the NAAWP.

The NAAWP has existed for 243 years. It's more commonly called the US GOVERNMENT.

You should try living in the United States of America. EVERY politician has his lips firmly attached to some other race's ass... every race, but white.

I live smack dab in the middle of this motherfucker son. So I'll say it again: The NAAWP has existed for 243 years. It's more commonly called the US GOVERNMENT.

Someone makes a veiled threat against my culture (i.e. that we even exist is abhorrent to that poster) and "I" have thoughts of violence?

Who is making a "veiled threat" against your culture?

FACTS: The left is taking down the monuments, memorials, and statues of anything white - and the includes statues of singers like Kate Smith. The extremists have attacked the flags of our forefathers, demanded to change our currency and want reparations for ancient history - as if blacks want to pay reparations for people they held in slavery during biblical times.

The only things being removed from public property don't symbolize anything to do with being "white." They are those that honor persons who took part in a traitorous rebellion and the flags of that rebellion. Many whites fought that rebellion, and many died. Many whites participated in activities to rescue the enslaved and settle them into a new, free life. Moreover, the government made a very big mistake in not seizing the assets of the traitors and distributing them to make whole all of those who were held in bondage.

It is the left with their psychologists and psychiatrists that think every headache requires mind altering drugs. It is the non-believers and the extremists advocating for homosexuality, inter-racial marriage, and the end of the traditional family. And, no, we are no longer safe as a race. We are less than half of this country's population. Between the interracial marriages, homosexuality, the influx of foreigners where upward of a million new citizens are sworn in (most non-white and non - Christian), undocumented foreigners having children that become birthright citizens, the facts simply don't support what you believe

You have no idea as to why someone is prescribed a particular drug. Advocating for civil rights does no damage to anyone. Any one can have a "traditional marriage," whatever this term actually means, and no one is seeking to "end" it. Marriage continues to be the choices of the partners in it. So others come. They are not telling you to give up being "white" or stop being whatever religion you want to be.

There is no such thing as "white culture." We all have different traditions, listen to different music, read different books, adhere to different religions, have different heroes. We don't all agree on anything. We never have.

I love this joke by the great Emo Philips:

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!" He said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"

He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"

He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region." I said, "Me, too!"

Northern Conservative†Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912." I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over.

For more thrills, watch Gangs of New York or visit Northern Ireland or the places where they recently rioted in Scotland over religion.

Sorry, I have a policy of not responding to each question in a multi quote. Nobody reads the thread after about the third exchange on a multi quote. If there were no white culture, there would be no blacks wanting reparations from a people that don't exist. We can leave it at that.
Hw many years did it take you to pass sixth grade idiot? We seek reparations from the government of this country. This government has had no problems paying reparations. So maybe you go study how descendants of whites that fought against America on the side of the confederacy got reparations starting 90 years after the civil war that none of them were alive to fight against America in, and got them until 2017. Explain that, then I want your punk white racist ass to tell me how blacks don't deserve reparations.

I would not have doubted that people like this still exist. What is shocking is that a person in a position of power and public trust believed that he could say this out loud and actually get away with it!

Bible Belt Racism: A Georgia city councilman has resigned after publicly opposing interracial marriage because of his sincerely held Christian beliefs.

Earlier this year Hoschton City Councilman Jim Cleveland defended his mayor’s decision to discriminate against a black man by citing his sincerely held Christian beliefs and his opposition to interracial marriage.

At the time, Councilman Cleveland explained that he is a Christian, and as a Christian, he has a problem with “race mixing.”

Someone should point out to him that the vast majority of Christians would find this belief revolting. The good news is:

After making headlines for his openly racist claim, Cleveland was faced with mounting opposition and a recall election next month, and so decided to resign rather than fact the public humiliation of a recall.

The mayor of Hoschton, a nearly all-white community 50 miles northeast of Atlanta, allegedly withheld a job candidate from consideration for city administrator because he was black, an AJC investigation has found.

According to documents obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and interviews with city officials, Mayor Theresa Kenerly told a member of the City Council she pulled the resume of Keith Henry from a packet of four finalists “because he is black, and the city isn’t ready for this.”
He doesn't think interracial marriage is wrong

He thinks black man having sex with white women is wrong.

He's tried to clean it up. But when white supremacist talk about race mixing what they're about is black men having sex with white women.

History has shown that EVERY TIME you mix races, religions, etc. the civilization perished. Even the Roman Empire could not survive that inevitability.
History has shown that mixing races had nothing to do with those civilizations perishing. So if your white racist ass had not wanted to mix, you should have kept your racist ass in Europe instead of mixing with the natives here.

Someone makes a veiled threat against my culture (i.e. that we even exist is abhorrent to that poster) and "I" have thoughts of violence? Are you capable of having a rational conversation?

Your culture is not as a member of the Confederate States of America. White descendants of dead confederate soldiers got reparations until at least 2017. White people did not make America alone, therefore people from other races deserve to be honored on our currency. The "traditional" family had nothing to do with race. White supremacy needs to go and if you're a white supremacist that means you. Otherwise, whites are in no danger from anyone. Leave your delusion. When whites got here people were watching them land on shore. This land has never been exclusively the property of whites. Those who were here before whites agreed to let them stay here. So as Muddy Waters once told us-"You can't lose what you ain't got and you can't loose what you ain't never had."

Absolute delusional horse manure. The Right of Conquest was internationally recognized when the United States ratified the Constitution. I've slaved for many a company and when the doors opened, nobody ever knew my name.

So, dude, you can't lose what YOU never had. If you want reparations, politely pay my ancestors for them having been held as slaves during biblical times.

The right to conquest was only a white European concept and was not internationally ratified. You've never slaved and the US government owes us reparations. We don't owe you shit.

I don't owe you shit either, dude. It don't matter whether or not anybody ratified the Right of Conquest. It was recognized internationally:

"The Right of Conquest is a historically legitimate right of ownership to land after immediate possession via force of arms. It was recognised as a principle of international law..."

Right of conquest - Wikipedia

So, if someone wants to live in a segregated community and send their kids to segregated schools, that's OK? How about starting a college fund for poor white kids only?

The NAAWP has existed for 243 years. It's more commonly called the US GOVERNMENT.

You should try living in the United States of America. EVERY politician has his lips firmly attached to some other race's ass... every race, but white.

I live smack dab in the middle of this motherfucker son. So I'll say it again: The NAAWP has existed for 243 years. It's more commonly called the US GOVERNMENT.

Most of the politicians have their lips affixed to your ass, so what are you complaining about?

Someone makes a veiled threat against my culture (i.e. that we even exist is abhorrent to that poster) and "I" have thoughts of violence?

The only things being removed from public property don't symbolize anything to do with being "white." They are those that honor persons who took part in a traitorous rebellion and the flags of that rebellion. Many whites fought that rebellion, and many died. Many whites participated in activities to rescue the enslaved and settle them into a new, free life. Moreover, the government made a very big mistake in not seizing the assets of the traitors and distributing them to make whole all of those who were held in bondage.

You have no idea as to why someone is prescribed a particular drug. Advocating for civil rights does no damage to anyone. Any one can have a "traditional marriage," whatever this term actually means, and no one is seeking to "end" it. Marriage continues to be the choices of the partners in it. So others come. They are not telling you to give up being "white" or stop being whatever religion you want to be.

There is no such thing as "white culture." We all have different traditions, listen to different music, read different books, adhere to different religions, have different heroes. We don't all agree on anything. We never have.

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!" He said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"

He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"

He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region." I said, "Me, too!"

Northern Conservative†Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912." I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over.

For more thrills, watch Gangs of New York or visit Northern Ireland or the places where they recently rioted in Scotland over religion.

Sorry, I have a policy of not responding to each question in a multi quote. Nobody reads the thread after about the third exchange on a multi quote. If there were no white culture, there would be no blacks wanting reparations from a people that don't exist. We can leave it at that.
Hw many years did it take you to pass sixth grade idiot? We seek reparations from the government of this country. This government has had no problems paying reparations. So maybe you go study how descendants of whites that fought against America on the side of the confederacy got reparations starting 90 years after the civil war that none of them were alive to fight against America in, and got them until 2017. Explain that, then I want your punk white racist ass to tell me how blacks don't deserve reparations.

You're the moron who said we didn't exist. How can someone who don't exist owe you anything?

He's tried to clean it up. But when white supremacist talk about race mixing what they're about is black men having sex with white women.

History has shown that EVERY TIME you mix races, religions, etc. the civilization perished. Even the Roman Empire could not survive that inevitability.
History has shown that mixing races had nothing to do with those civilizations perishing. So if your white racist ass had not wanted to mix, you should have kept your racist ass in Europe instead of mixing with the natives here.

You sound like a keyboard commando spewing shit you don't have the balls to say to a person's face. Dude, you can PM me here if you have a personal issue. Besides that, if you don't like it here, get your nasty ass on the next ship headed to Africa. I won't give your racist badgering any more of a response than that.

Oh, puleeez! The orange whore and pigpence do it daily. They love those MAGA-hatted low-IQ bitch-boys more than anybody.

Oh, puleeez! The orange whore and pigpence do it daily. They love those MAGA-hatted low-IQ bitch-boys more than anybody.

You like playing stereotypes, don't you? Did you research what I've posted on this board about Trump before trying to make that ill conceived connection?

You sound like a keyboard commando spewing shit you don't have the balls to say to a person's face. Dude, you can PM me here if you have a personal issue. Besides that, if you don't like it here, get your nasty ass on the next ship headed to Africa. I won't give your racist badgering any more of a response than that.

Son, if you talked with people who actually know me you'd understand different. I was born here, and I don't like what's going on. Therefore I won't be going anywhere. I have the first amendment right to voice my displeasure and I am going to use it. You are here posting pure white supremacist bullshit and you dare call somebody racist. Lol! So if you don't like it, find another forum. And if you don't like people opposing your racism, put your pasty pink ass on a ship or a plane back to Europe.

You like playing stereotypes, don't you? Did you research what I've posted on this board about Trump before trying to make that ill conceived connection?

" You should try living in the United States of America. EVERY politician has his lips firmly attached to some other race's ass... every race, but white."

" I see no problem NAACP versus the NAAWP"

Nobody is stereotyping you.

Most of the politicians have their lips affixed to your ass, so what are you complaining about?

You have a severe case of psychosis.

You're the moron who said we didn't exist. How can someone who don't exist owe you anything?

The US government exists and since I nor anyone else here has said WHITE PEOPLE don't exist, learn how to read.

Son, if you talked with people who actually know me you'd understand different. I was born here, and I don't like what's going on. Therefore I won't be going anywhere. I have the first amendment right to voice my displeasure and I am going to use it. You are here posting pure white supremacist bullshit and you dare call somebody racist. Lol! So if you don't like it, find another forum. And if you don't like people opposing your racism, put your pasty pink ass on a ship or a plane back to Europe.

Boy, you are an idiot. Just because someone don't kiss your ass don't make them a white supremacist. For you to scream racist at people makes you look like a fucking moron. I sit down and get on this site and find that you've responded to six of my postings.

If somebody bothers you that bad, you have emotional issues. You should know about white supremacism - you sound like the Klan with a tan.

" You should try living in the United States of America. EVERY politician has his lips firmly attached to some other race's ass... every race, but white."

" I see no problem NAACP versus the NAAWP"

Nobody is stereotyping you.

You try to stereotype every white guy that disagrees with you. AND your hero is a black supremacist.

You have a severe case of psychosis.

You have a severe case of projecting onto others. Are you a patient in a mental ward?

The US government exists and since I nor anyone else here has said WHITE PEOPLE don't exist, learn how to read.

Now you sound like a rodent on a treadmill. If I do exist, I don't owe you squat. So, yeah, I do exist. And, yes, we whites DO have a culture.

The very FIRST naturalization law in the United States limited citizenship to whites. To claim that we had not created a white culture by that time is to deny reality.

He should resign and the mayor should resign

Forum List

Back