Georgia and other States follow Arizona on Presidential Eligibility Bill for 2012

Kudos for Arizona leading the way. Now Georgia will introduce legislation to make a Presidential candidate prove they are a Natural Born Citizen by showing certified documents. Other states that are introducing Bills are Florida, Oklahoma, New Hampshire, New York, and South Carolina which will propose requirements to ensure presidential eligibility requirements are validated prior to being placed on the ballot. This is about insuring that the Constitutional guidelines are met and that the presidential candidate is not a Citizen or Naturalized Citizen but only a Natural Born Citizen that meets Article 2 Section 1 Clause 5 to be President:

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Eligibility Bill introduced in Georgia | The Post & Email

THE PEACH STATE FOLLOWS ARIZONA’S LEAD IN REQUIRING ELIGIBILITY PROOF FOR PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES

Apr. 24, 2010) — Georgia Representative Mark Hatfield has introduced into the state legislature House Bill 1516, which would require proof of eligibility in order for presidential candidates’ names to be placed on the state ballot for future elections.

A poll taken by CBS/New York Times shows that only 58% of those asked think Obama was born in the United States. Hatfield has stated that Americans have a right to know if the leader of their country is eligible to serve in that position.

This is GREAT for conservatives and republicans (and teabaggers, too)

since any document presented by any democrat or liberal will be dismissed as "a fake!"

and ONLY documents presented by conservatives will be accepted....

no democrat or liberal wil ever be able to run again!

ever!

Really? Why is that? That sounds like more partisan hackery to me, pure unadultrated bullshit!

I would offer the opinion that the "birther" controversy has been detrimental for the president, and for the country. If it is required up front that the candidate provides the documentation of eligibility, there will not be another "birther" issue in the future.
How is that bad? How does that translate into; "no democrat or liberal will ever be able to run again!"?

My understanding is that our current president has provided documentation of his eligibility and won't be affected by these state laws in any way other than putting another piece of paper in the file.

The only way that; "no democrat or liberal will ever be able to run again!" becomes true is if the dems or liberals try to enter an unqualified candidate into the race.

Oh, and i corrected your spelling of "wil" to will.

Actually, what's really bad about this is that the truth will come out about Obama, a precedent will have been set <no pun intended> and anybody who is a citizen will be able to run for president regardless of where they were born or how long they've been a citizen. Just think, we get Arnold next. Isn't that wonderful <sarcasm intended>.

Love it..

Let those states publicly declare themselves to be birthers. It does not legitimize the birthers but delegitimizes those states

How does it delegitimze the state to preempt any future birther claims?

Because the Federal government(under the previous administration, in this case George W Bush administration!) check for eligiblity.

The states have the right to check as well through proper channels and no law is necessary to ensure this. In other words, the politicians are wasting time and taxpayers dollars playing, of all the disgusting things, wingnut-politics!

The birthers are a source of misery for right wingers. Their cases keep getting kicked out of court,they come across like Chavez-leftists, and they make little viable contribution to the understanding of right-wing ideological views.

There is a difference between being "kicked out of court" and having the court refuse to hear the case. The supreme court has always refused to hear this case because they KNOW what will happen when they do. They will continue to refuse to hear the case as long as they can. When the truth comes out, and it will, it will be too late, of course, as far as I'm concerned, America is already dead. We live in a fascist state now.

What is bad is that some two bit political hack with an axe to grind gets to tie up potential Presidential candidates with endless challenges and queries for additional documentation.

What additional documentation is needed? Once a single state certifies it, the Full Faith and Credit clause certifies it in all states. There is no way a two bit political hack could endlessly challenge it. It would be settled immediately.

Before this fiasco, I just assumed it was required to show documentation of eligibility. Why have the stipulation in the Constitution if it's not going to be enforced. I must say that I am surprised by the CBS poll that claims 42% are birthers. I also wouldn't expect to see states like NY and NH passing such legislation.

Got one!

Which birther claims? Obama presented his qualifications to be President, they were certified by the State of Hawaii as official. There is no controversey except in the feeble minds of birthers

And the states which placate them

I know there is no real controversy. But this is to avoid any future controversy. How is that bad?
I'm wondering the same.

Because the Federal government(under the previous administration, in this case George W Bush administration!) check for eligiblity.

The states have the right to check as well through proper channels and no law is necessary to ensure this. In other words, the politicians are wasting time and taxpayers dollars playing, of all the disgusting things, wingnut-politics!

The birthers are a source of misery for right wingers. Their cases keep getting kicked out of court,they come across like Chavez-leftists, and they make little viable contribution to the understanding of right-wing ideological views.

There is a difference between being "kicked out of court" and having the court refuse to hear the case. The supreme court has always refused to hear this case because they KNOW what will happen when they do. They will continue to refuse to hear the case as long as they can. When the truth comes out, and it will, it will be too late, of course, as far as I'm concerned, America is already dead. We live in a fascist state now.

Yes....they KNOW what will happen.

It will be laughed out of court like every other time they tried

What is bad is that some two bit political hack with an axe to grind gets to tie up potential Presidential candidates with endless challenges and queries for additional documentation.

What additional documentation is needed? Once a single state certifies it, the Full Faith and Credit clause certifies it in all states. There is no way a two bit political hack could endlessly challenge it. It would be settled immediately.

Isn't that exactly what happens now?

Hawaii certified the birth and the birthers keep moving the goalpost of what makes acceptable proof.

What keeps a two bit hack politician from refusing to accept another states birth certificate because it doesn't meet the standards of your state?

Hawaii certified the birth and the birthers keep moving the goalpost of what makes acceptable proof.

What keeps a two bit hack politician from refusing to accept another states birth certificate because it doesn't meet the standards of your state?
Where does Hawaii state that having a Birth Certificate is part of their state Presidential vetting process?

Why stop there why not make all citizens prove their citizenship to vote. I would not be offended at all. I'm offended that I am not asked to prove who I am!!!! Time to start dying your fingers to on voting day too to prevent fraud!!! I am sick of my vote not being counted due to fraud and illegals voters voting!!!!!! remember people died for the right to vote.

This is GREAT for conservatives and republicans (and teabaggers, too)

since any document presented by any democrat or liberal will be dismissed as "a fake!"

and ONLY documents presented by conservatives will be accepted....

no democrat or liberal wil ever be able to run again!

ever!
I wish that were true!!

We know you wish that , your contempt of democracy is obvious

*I* have HUGE contempt for pure 'Democracy'. And BTW? We aren't a Democracy. The sooner *YOU* learn this? The better off you will be.

Where does Hawaii state that having a Birth Certificate is part of their state Presidential vetting process?

The state of Hawaii has both 1.) Confirmed that the Certificate of Live Birth is genuine (legal proof of birth) and 2.) Repeatedly confirmed that Barack Obama was born there.

Just because you and Orly Taitz won't give up doesn't make it true.

The state of Hawaii has both 1.) Confirmed that the Certificate of Live Birth is genuine (legal proof of birth) and 2.) Repeatedly confirmed that Barack Obama was born there.

What was there sources to back that claim up? Did they give references?

what will the right wingers do when these states have to let Obama on the ballot?

Kudos for Arizona leading the way. Now Georgia will introduce legislation to make a Presidential candidate prove they are a Natural Born Citizen by showing certified documents. Other states that are introducing Bills are Florida, Oklahoma, New Hampshire, New York, and South Carolina which will propose requirements to ensure presidential eligibility requirements are validated prior to being placed on the ballot. This is about insuring that the Constitutional guidelines are met and that the presidential candidate is not a Citizen or Naturalized Citizen but only a Natural Born Citizen that meets Article 2 Section 1 Clause 5 to be President:

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

THE PEACH STATE FOLLOWS ARIZONA’S LEAD IN REQUIRING ELIGIBILITY PROOF FOR PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES

Apr. 24, 2010) — Georgia Representative Mark Hatfield has introduced into the state legislature House Bill 1516, which would require proof of eligibility in order for presidential candidates’ names to be placed on the state ballot for future elections.

A poll taken by CBS/New York Times shows that only 58% of those asked think Obama was born in the United States. Hatfield has stated that Americans have a right to know if the leader of their country is eligible to serve in that position.

A step in the "right" direction.

Obama's Birth Certificate Verified By State - Politics News Story - KITV Honolulu

Geez, look at that, even after all this time there are still people that see a need to post Obama's Bc and those that refuse to accept it.

Gee, wouldn't it be nice if in future elections at least one state required a copy in the candidates 'folder' when the paperwork was filed to enter the election and be placed on the ballot?

Sure would be a way to put an end to this kind of thing happening again wouldn't it?

Why stop there why not make all citizens prove their citizenship to vote. I would not be offended at all. I'm offended that I am not asked to prove who I am!!!! Time to start dying your fingers to on voting day too to prevent fraud!!! I am sick of my vote not being counted due to fraud and illegals voters voting!!!!!! remember people died for the right to vote.

good point...I remember watching an admitted illegal alien during one of those demonstrations that said, and I quote "we vote". I can't believe he wasn't immediately arrested. My brother in law is a legal resident from Canada and he doesn't dare vote for fear of losing his residency. Why are illegals given more rights than legal immigrants?

They don't have to give any sources or references. They don't have to justify anything. When a state issues an official document it MUST be recognized as legit by all other states. That's what the Constitution says.

THE PEACH STATE FOLLOWS ARIZONA&#8217;S LEAD IN REQUIRING ELIGIBILITY PROOF FOR PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES

Apr. 24, 2010) &#8212; Georgia Representative Mark Hatfield has introduced into the state legislature House Bill 1516, which would require proof of eligibility in order for presidential candidates&#8217; names to be placed on the state ballot for future elections.

These are titles from your link.........

Obama&#8217;s &#8220;pro-terror&#8221; Security Plan
Trading Terrorist Rights for American Lives
Obama throws a &#8220;Govt. will go bankrupt!&#8221; tantrum
Obama&#8217;s politics of Fraud
Obama&#8217;s Holiday Bribes
Oathgate Revisited

US Army Retired......you are a fucking idiot but even you can see this is a right wing rag. This is worse than Drudge.

Fucking idiot.

Forum List

Back