Georgia and Colorado Try Modern Slavery

You often hear the phrase "hard labor" but there is no such thing as prison "hard labor" in the United States.. Administrations make a deal with inmates. Correction departments offer inmates institutions with lower security and time off sentences. Hi risk inmates work inside as cooks and janitors. Nobody is forced to work. As a matter of fact it's similar to so-called "community service" where people work off jail sentences with moderate to light labor.

Because of draconian immigration laws passed in these states, both states are trying to use prisoners as farm workers. I'm not sure if that's legal. It seems like a modern day attempt at slavery to me. Forcing a man to work for another man, even if he doesn't want to. Farmworkers are fleeing both states and Americans are not stepping up to take the jobs. So, I guess the illegal immigrant advocates were right in that farmjobs are jobs that Americans won't take.

Read this very s l o w l y and you will find that unemployed probationers are not prisoners and no one is being forced to do anything. About 100,000 people are on probation and about 25% of them are unemployed in the state of Georgia and the Governor is telling two state agencies to help them get a job in the agriculture industry.

Deal, a first-term Republican, issued a statement on Tuesday morning calling on the state’s commissioners of labor, corrections and agriculture to work together to connect unemployed probationers with a state agriculture industry now desperate for workers.

Read more: Georgia sends criminals to replace undocumented immigrants - Reid J. Epstein - POLITICO.com

Last edited:
Because of draconian immigration laws passed in these states, both states are trying to use prisoners as farm workers. I'm not sure if that's legal. It seems like a modern day attempt at slavery to me. Forcing a man to work for another man, even if he doesn't want to. Farmworkers are fleeing both states and Americans are not stepping up to take the jobs. So, I guess the illegal immigrant advocates were right in that farmjobs are jobs that Americans won't take.

I don't know--if you're sitting in a 6 x 9 cell 24-7--it's probably a little refreshing to get out and do some farming.

Being "forced" to do it--kind of doubt that.

Damn good idea! Save the state some money make them cut grass,clear trees,clear roads do road work everything and more! Let them learn a skill and just maybe they won't be out robbing and hurting others upon their release!

Of course you'd like it. Nazis did the very same thing.

TWEEEEET! After the snap, Godwins law violation, on the defense. 15 yard penalty, still 3rd down.

GodwinsLaw_CatPoster.jpg

Don't tell the Supreme Court that, they will laugh at you. Prisons have been using inmates as labor since the first one was built.

Here in Texas we have prison farms and convicts are not forced to work but they can work and earn a little money if they so choose.

Hate to break it to you but;

1. Prisoners in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) do not earn any money for work.
  2. They might not be forced to work, but they will receive disciplinary action up to and including Administrative Segregation (Ad Seg) if they opt not to work.

Ah..so now the state has a right to both incarerate and force into slavery a human being?

How fucking conservative.

Next you'll be telling me the warden has the right to fuck the guy's wife or girlfriend when she visits.

Prison is supposed to be a place you dont want to go back to Sallow.....if our tax Dollars are feeding these guys and giving them free Medical for the Crimes against us,the Citizens here,then i see no problem with making them work 8 hours a day to pay for it......

Consider this.. When a felon goes to prison he is forcing We the People to Work to support him whether we want to or knot. Now who do you think is the slave?

Actually, he isn't. The state chooses to send someone to prison. Any hardshp on the taxpayer is being forced by the state, not the prisoner.

oh geezus...so if some asshole robs a bank he should not be sent because its forcing everyone to pay his upkeep?....your getting pretty ridiculous now ....

About damn they started earning their keep what's taken so long this is an excellent idea!

Ah..so now the state has a right to both incarerate and force into slavery a human being?

How fucking conservative.

Next you'll be telling me the warden has the right to fuck the guy's wife or girlfriend when she visits.

Damn right!

Hell, next thing you know these motherfuckers will be forcing us to by health insurance!

Consider this.. When a felon goes to prison he is forcing We the People to Work to support him whether we want to or knot. Now who do you think is the slave?

Actually, he isn't. The state chooses to send someone to prison. Any hardshp on the taxpayer is being forced by the state, not the prisoner.
As I said before, people choose to break the law knowing they may wind up in prison.

Let's place the responsibility where it properly lies, mmmmkay?

Holy crap no! We are all Nazis now!
I wonder if Shallow will realize the stupidity of his claim?

History suggests "no".

Liberal turds like swallow throw those terms around like it's nothing, that's why anyone with half a brain doesn't take them seriously.......
He's stupid...he's established that. I wonder if he really thinks the right are really NAZI'S?

If he does? All it shows is he has no historical context, and shows his continuing ignorence and has latched onto a catchphrase worthy of a Sixities radical HIPPY communal sort...you know the very same Statists that are in power now...

In short? He's just plain stupid.

Forum List

Back