Georgetown co-ed: Please pay for us to have sex …

Generally, it's part of the tuition, if the college provides it. So it's not "free".

I don't know where you're getting this "free" stuff from.

What do you mean about not knowing where I'm getting the "free" stuff from. All the left wingers have assured me that policies under Obamacare are going to be free. Are you telling me otherwise? /shrug

Immie

What "left wingers" have told you that?

well, lets not go OT IF we can help it ;) but, obamacare as it is laid out is the trifecta, the golden chalice....it will - service more customers while ballooning the customer base and, lower costs.......

in any case just like that 26 year old coverage, it aint free, but I agree though, med coverage of some type was probably incl. in her tuition, BUT contraceptives obviously weren't so,.....

Generally, it's part of the tuition, if the college provides it. So it's not "free".

I don't know where you're getting this "free" stuff from.

What do you mean about not knowing where I'm getting the "free" stuff from. All the left wingers have assured me that policies under Obamacare are going to be free. Are you telling me otherwise? /shrug

Immie

Plenty of them. And they also insist that my employer will be paying for it as well.

Are you telling me that is not true?

I've now been unemployed for two years and I am damned near ready to frigging give up. Are you telling me that I can expect come January 2014 that I will begin to have to fork over between $1300 and $1500 per month in todays dollars or go to jail oh wait, I am sorry they took that provision out for now. I won't have to worry about going to jail, I will simply have to worry about being fined something like $2000 per year... oh wait, they don't like the word fined, they call it a tax.

Regardless, what they don't frigging understand is that if I am still unemployed in two years, I can't frigging afford $2000 a year... morons.

Immie

Immie

Plenty of them. And they also insist that my employer will be paying for it as well.

I've now been unemployed for two years and I am damned near ready to frigging give up. Are you telling me that I can expect come January 2014 that I will begin to have to fork over between $1300 and $1500 per month in todays dollars or go to jail oh wait, I am sorry they took that provision out for now. I won't have to worry about going to jail, I will simply have to worry about being fined something like $2000 per year... oh wait, they don't like the word fined, they call it a tax.

Regardless, what they don't frigging understand is that if I am still unemployed in two years, I can't frigging afford $2000 a year... morons.

Immie
I understand about the unemployment thing - my girlfriend has been unemployed for that long - and I'm not trying to defend Obamacare - I don't like the Obamacare bill. I never have. I'm not supporting it, or defending it. It's a corporate giveaway to Ins. companies.

But a lot of claims people make about it are bullshit.

Immie
I understand about the unemployment thing - my girlfriend has been unemployed for that long - and I'm not trying to defend Obamacare - I don't like the Obamacare bill. I never have. I'm not supporting it, or defending it. It's a corporate giveaway to Ins. companies.

:eek:

Immie

Would you point out what I said that was bullshit?

Am I going to have to fork out $1500 +\- per month starting January 2014? I do recall that there are some ridiculously low exemption figures and that there are exemptions of up to 80% to the very very very poor but you know what? I can't afford $300 a month either.

Something else... I have to deal with the fact that in less than two years any employer that wants to hire me will have to pay (was it 75%?) of my health insurance costs or face being fined itself.

Like I said, this lawyer to be is going to have a rude awakening when she finally finds out there is no such thing as a free screw.

Immie

Last edited:

Immie

Am I going to have to fork out $1500 +\- per month starting January 2014? I do recall that there are some ridiculously low exemption figures and that there are exemptions of up to 80% to the very very very poor but you know what? I can't afford $300 a month either.
If you're making less than 133% of the poverty line, as of January 2014, you'll be covered under Medicaid.

Something else... I have to deal with the fact that in less than two years any employer that wants to hire me will have to pay was it 75% of my health insurance costs or face being fined itself.
True, and one of the many reasons I don't like the Obamacare bill.

Like I said, this lawyer to be is going to have a rude awakening when she finally finds out there is no such thing as a free screw.

Immie
Everyone in college is going to have a "rude awakening" when they graduate.

Immie

Something else... I have to deal with the fact that in less than two years any employer that wants to hire me will have to pay was it 75% of my health insurance costs or face being fined itself.

Immie

Immie you will qualify for a subsidy or have it for free outright.

Now once these fines start, which is less then covering staff, the issue shifts at how to control those costs. You control them by not hiring anyone with families. Non applicable to the higher paid staff. Very applicable to laborers etc.

Immie

Now once these fines start, which is less then covering staff, the issue shifts at how to control those costs. You control them by not hiring anyone with families. Non applicable to the higher paid staff. Very applicable to laborers etc.

Actually with my UI (I doubt that will still be availble in two years God I hope and pray it won't be necessary) and my wife's minimum wage job I think I figured that we would be above the line mentioned by TDI although, it may be as I have been to depressed to calculate it recently, that I had also calculated in my usage of my retirement funds which I don't believe I will still have if this lasts two more years.

Anyway, if that is the case, we're screwed. And if somehow we manage, then maybe it is not me and my family that are screwed but there will be others who are.

Also, the subsidy is the 80% figure I mentioned and that would still mean I had to fork over $300/month. I'd end up in jail... oh wait, they changed that. Well, I would probably be better of in jail than on the streets. Maybe I should go into crime and get arrested?

Immie

Last edited:

Immie

Actually with my UI (I doubt that will still be availble in two years God I hope and pray it won't be necessary) and my wife's minimum wage job I think I figured that we would be above the line mentioned by TDI although, it may be as I have been to depressed to calculate it recently, that I had also calculated in my usage of my retirement funds which I don't believe I will still have if this lasts two more years.

Anyway, if that is the case, we're screwed. And if somehow we manage, then maybe it is not me and my family that are screwed but there will be others who are.

Immie

I'm actually in the category of people who are being screwed by Obamacare.

I'm a self-employed political consultant for campaigns. I only have work 8 months of the year.

I make a large amount of money doing it, but since I left the organization I used to work for, I've been without health insurance. I'm young and healthy, so I'm not that worried right now, but come January 2014, I'll have to pay ridiculous amount for private insurance - and god help me if I start a family between then and now...

If her education at the college was minimal, she should have at least turned tricks to pay for her education and still have enough left to buy the damn condoms.
If her education at the college was substantial, she would have become a madam to pay for her college, condoms for her girls, and have enough left over for a tidy retirement.

The students really need to start thinking outside of the box. :eusa_eh:

Ms. Fluke angry at the idea that she be 'forced' to attend another (less pretigious) university that would pay for contraceptives, or be 'forced' to abstain. Apparently she doesn't think women have the ability to 'just say no' and they have a right to casual sex, paid for by others:

"We refuse to pick between a quality education and our health and we resent that, in the 21st Century, anyone thinks it’s acceptable to ask us to make that choice simply because we are women,” Fluke said.

"Ms. Fluke, Iresent that you think women are incapable of controlling themselves, of sacrificing temporary pleasure for the sake of long-term success. You make us sound like animals, slaves to our instincts and able to be used, but we’re better than that. We’re persons, equal to men in dignity and love."

Georgetown co-ed: Please pay for us to have sex … We’re going broke buying birth control « Hot Air

I resent that she's trying to represent all women as the same sort of lazy, grasping leech that she is. As though there is no way for a woman to provide for her own damned health without someone else footing the bill. :eusa_hand: Is that sort of helpless dependence what the fight for women's equality has come to?

Re-reading the OP link and listening to the actual testimony, Sandra Fluke did not say "protected sex".

The "protected sex" bit was added in by a male writer (Craig Bannister) who is quoted in a gray box in the OP link. His opinion piece is here: Sex-Crazed Co-Eds Going Broke Buying Birth Control, Student Tells Pelosi Hearing Touting Freebie Mandate | CNSNews.com

If you listen to Fluke in the video at the end of the OP link, she is clearly talking about the Pill. Not condoms.

So this guy Bannister invented the condom thing to make fun of Fluke. He is, basically, being a dick.

I do not know how much the Pill costs, but $1,000 a year is probably not out of the ballpark.

Nevertheless, my other objections stand. Someone who can afford more than $60K a year to go to Georgetown and then go on to a very highly paid career in the top 1% can probably afford a thousand bucks a year for the Pill.
g500, she may be on scholarship, as I was at Harvard. No one I knew THOUGHT of asking the university to pay for birth control. I cleaned the other students' bathrooms for spending money. After that, I got a private part time job. Let her work for her luxuries.

::gasp:: You expect her to view fucking as a luxury? :eek:

How many students would like to testify to their hardship because they can't afford beer, or a car, or a trip on spring break. If the school is going to pay for recreational sex, they should also pay for recreational beer. Or she could just tell the guy if he wants to fuck the least he can do is buy the birth control.

THERE you go. What self-respecting woman wants to fuck some loser who can't even be bothered to buy his own condom?

On the other hand, I don't think this coed floozy is overflowing with self-respect.

Why on earth would a Catholic college pay for recreational sex?

This is just more of the government, via a law student, trying to force the church to fund Obama's nastiness.

Obama had better lose the election is all I can say.

Why would ANY college pay for recreational sex, or any sex? The whining little minks want to be viewed as adults, don't they? Welcome to adulthood.

I read someone on the web did the math and figured they must be having unprotected sex about three times a day every day to make that 3K cost model viable.....:eek:....wow, when the hell do they study?:eusa_eh:

Where the hell are they buying their condoms? Saks 5th Avenue? Tiffany's? Every condom with a diamond monogram on it? I mean, damn!

I read someone on the web did the math and figured they must be having unprotected sex about three times a day every day to make that 3K cost model viable.....:eek:....wow, when the hell do they study?:eusa_eh:

That's been mentioned in the thread already. It's based on the price of condoms.

She's clearly talking about BC (pills, shot, implant), which can cost $500 - $1000 a year.

Yeah, well, life's hard. The sooner she learns it, the better off she'll be.

Immie

I'm actually in the category of people who are being screwed by Obamacare.

I'm a self-employed political consultant for campaigns. I only have work 8 months of the year.

I make a large amount of money doing it, but since I left the organization I used to work for, I've been without health insurance. I'm young and healthy, so I'm not that worried right now, but come January 2014, I'll have to pay ridiculous amount for private insurance - and god help me if I start a family between then and now...

get that law students number, I hear shes got an in for free birth control:eusa_whistle:...cut were where you can, every dime counts. :razz:

Forum List

Back