George Zimmerman's Bond Revoked In Trayvon Martin Case

bayoubill

aka Sheik Yerbouti...
Dec 30, 2008
Cajun Country
meh... effin' three-ring circus on a roller coaster...

SANFORD, Fla. -- A judge on Friday revoked the bond of the neighborhood watch volunteer charged with killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin and ordered him returned to jail within 48 hours.

Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester said that George Zimmerman and his wife, Shellie, misled the court about how much money they had available when his bond was set for $150,000 in April. Prosecutors claim Zimmerman had $135,000 available that had been raised by a website he set up.

Zimmerman's wife testified at the bond hearing that they had limited funds available since she was a nursing student and Zimmerman wasn't working.

"He can't sit back and obtain the benefit of a lower bond based upon those material falsehoods," Lester said.

Defense attorney Mark O'Mara said the fact that Zimmerman and his wife never used the money for anything indicated "there was no deceit."

Prosecutor Bernie De la Rionda described the Zimmermans' testimony as "misleading."

"This court was led to believe they didn't have a single penny," said De la Rionda. "It was misleading and I don't know what words to use other than it was a blatant lie."

George Zimmerman's Bond Revoked In Trayvon Martin Case

Last edited:
To the prosecutor's credit, he also said this:

At Friday's court hearing, De la Rionda and O'Mara also asked a judge to stop the public release of witness names and statements made by Zimmerman to police officers. Those documents normally are part of the public record under Florida law.

"What's occurring, unfortunately, are cases are being tried in the public sector as opposed to in the courtroom," De La Rionda said. "We are in a new age with Twitter, Facebook, and all these things I've never heard of before in my career. Everybody gets to find out intimate details about witnesses that never occurred before. Witnesses are going to be reluctant to get involved."

:confused:

Judges can change laws now, by asking public docs should not be released?

A witness statement is a witness statement...being reluctant to 'come forward' is no longer an option for them during trial.

At least that's my understanding...but I ain't a lawyer.

Last edited:

A witness statement is a witness statement...being reluctant to 'come forward' is no longer an option for them during trial.

Belle, they may not be willing witnesses because of being fearful for their own and their family's lives, so they may willingly damage their own credibility. Consider that one or two witnesses already changed their story. Those witnesses testimony is now of questionable value. And if they get there, in a trial situation they may not be forthcoming or cooperative, and do harm to the defense, the most likely side to be harmed

This is starting to take on the aspects a game show/ reality show... which might be called "Who's The Biggest Dumb-Shit Asshole"...

with the contestants being: the judge; the prosecutor; the special attorney; the Florida attorney general; the local police department; Zimmerman; Trayvon (speaking from the grave); the media; the race pimps (Jesse, Al, et al); the various freshly-hoodied and camera-ready pandering politicians... and we of course can't leave out Obama for his "If I had a son" comment... as well as anyone else in the general public who has been quick to judge this case before all the facts are known...

Last edited:
This is starting to take on the aspects a game show/ reality show... which might be called "Who's The Biggest Dumb-Shit Asshole"...

with the contestants being: the judge; the prosecutor; the special attorney; the Florida attorney general; the local police department; Zimmerman; Trayvon (speaking from the grave); the media; the race pimps (Jesse, Al, et al); the various freshly-hoodied and camera-ready pandering politicians... and we of course can't leave out Obama for his "If I had a son" comment... as well as anyone else in the general public who has been quick to judge this case before all the facts are known...

Oh, and let us not forget the person who avoided putting race pimps like the fox news people in there for them claiming reverse racism. That would be you, but aside from your omissions i agree.

That's nothing new. Judges have always had the power to issue gag orders and so forth. I think it's a wise move. Try the case in a court of law and not in a court of public opinion.

That's nothing new. Judges have always had the power to issue gag orders and so forth. I think it's a wise move. Try the case in a court of law and not in a court of public opinion.

The US "judicial system is corrupt to its core. The case will be tried in the court of public opinion. Florida's elected judges are concerned about voters perception. Due process of law be damned.

a bail bond is right than can only be taken away if the judge makes a finding that the arrestee is a danger of flight or danger to the community - media whore Kenneth R. Lester Jr. made no such findings !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Zimmerman had a second passport that he failed to disclose.

a bail bond is right than can only be taken away if the judge makes a finding that the arrestee is a danger of flight or danger to the community - media whore Kenneth R. Lester Jr. made no such findings !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did the scumbag judge made a finding that he was a danger of flight?

Did Mr. Z try to escape?

The powers-that-be know their case is weak as water. By incarcerating him they hope to force him to plead out.

.:eek:

not gonna happen...

Prosecutor would be wise to plead out the killer in Trayvon Martin case

Andrea's Agenda

May 21, 2012 - Andrea Johnson

If Angela Corey, the Florida special prosecutor in the Trayvon Martin case, is wise, she will attempt to plead out Martin's killer, George Zimmerman, and avoid taking this case to trial.
I think there's a very real chance that Zimmerman will be acquitted of second degree murder charges and quite possibly also of manslaughter if the case does end up going to trial. Based on what I've read, I think Corey overcharged this case, probably due to public outrage. If I were Corey, I would allow Zimmerman to plead guilty to reckless endangerment, with minimal jail time, and then permit him to disappear quietly into the shadows. If the trial goes forward, I think there's a potential for protests and potentially violent riots, if Zimmerman is acquitted. Emotions are running extraordinarily high in the case."

Since the beginning, this was going to turn into a trial of he said she said. As far as I know, not a single living person involved in this entire fiasco is telling the truth. Personally, I think Zimmerman is a liar and killer, but from everything I know to this point, I could not convict him. I don't think that will change come time for the trial. As for his bond, he should get a new bond hearing and be given bond. He has already proven he is no threat to run.

Zimmerman shouldn't plead guilty to a single damned charge.

I agree.

Unfortunately, we are not doing the time , he is. The powers-tha-be can make his life miserable. Secondly, the scumbags know that it will be very difficult for him to prepare a defense while incarcerated.

BTW, scumbag judges and prosecutors are IMMUNE from lawsuits - this power has been USURPED. Not one single federal or state founding father ever suggested or consider that judges and prosecutors be immunized.

Especially since a good chunk of the public dont know shit except for the talking points they are issued by what ever cable propaganda network they view most. Had this happened a year before or after election time it never would have made the news.

Giving false or misleading information in an bail application is a crime under FL law, one degree less than the crime that is accused for which the defendant is requesting bail, but not greater than a 3rd degree felony. Bail is set to an amount that is intended to ensure the defendant will appear for trial, with such amount being determined by the court based on various factors, including ability to pay the bond. Bail may be revoked if the court determines that the defendant is a flight risk, or has committed a new crime.

By presenting false and/or misleading information to the court in his application for bail, Zimmerman has committed a felony of the 3rd degree. Furthermore, in determining that Zimmerman lied about his financial situation, as well as his possession of a second passport which he did not surrender with the first, all in conjunction with Zimmerman's willful lying to the court which shows disdain for the legal process, he becomes a much greater flight risk. Accordingly, it is well within the court's prerogative to revoke bail.

Forum List

Back