George Will: Palin would lose 44 states if she ran for President

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
washingtonpost.com

Sarah Palin, who with 17 months remaining in her single term as Alaska's governor quit the only serious office she has ever held, is obsessively discussed as a possible candidate in 2012. Why? She is not going to be president and will not be the Republican nominee unless the party wants to lose at least 44 states

Yeah, uh-huh, okay, like tell us something we don't know. Maybe you should do a post on the GOP primary projections. I'm betting that Palin wouldn't win any state except AK. She simply isn't presidential timber.

She quit as governor to make a lot of money. I can't fault her for that, she left with the bogus ethics charges at 0 - 17. I hope someone charges Obama with malfeasance and he leaves early too. He could go back to his old job of "community organizer".

Yeah, uh-huh, okay, like tell us something we don't know. Maybe you should do a post on the GOP primary projections. I'm betting that Palin wouldn't win any state except AK. She simply isn't presidential timber.

She quit as governor to make a lot of money. I can't fault her for that, she left with the bogus ethics charges at 0 - 17. I hope someone charges Obama with malfeasance and he leaves early too. He could go back to his old job of "community organizer".

N'ah, Obama isn't a quitter.

I think you are right about Palin's motivations behind quitting office though.

Of course, that means she can't come out and say she isn't going to run for President.

It would cost her $.

It seems as though the left can't get enough of Sarah. Most people on the right respect her but know that she is not ready for the presidency.

Since when is George Will the left? George Will is a lifelong Republican. Hell, he broke journalistic neutrality to help Ronald Reagan prep for his debate with Jimmy Carter. You equating George Will with the left makse you look like a douche.

It seems as though the left can't get enough of Sarah. Most people on the right respect her but know that she is not ready for the presidency.

Since when is George Will the left? George Will is a lifelong Republican. Hell, he broke journalistic neutrality to help Ronald Reagan prep for his debate with Jimmy Carter. You equating George Will with the left makse you look like a douche.

I'm sorry, I was referring to all the left who is so hung up on Sarah Palin on this board and in the media in General. George Will would be one of those who understands she is not presidential material at the moment at least.

I'm sorry, I was referring to all the left who is so hung up on Sarah Palin on this board and in the media in General. George Will would be one of those who understands she is not presidential material at the moment at least.

I'm pretty sure that George Will knows that she will never be Presidential material.

Personally, I like her positions. I her politics. Most of them anyway. The problem is that she cannot articulate what her positions are. She could not articulate what the office she was seeking entailed. That is my problem. Politics is 80% perception. Maybe she isn't the dumbass that I truly believe her to be, but she sure does come off as one, you betcha.

Do you want me to start listing the threads touting Palin as the Savior of the right wing?

I'm pretty sure that George Will knows that she will never be Presidential material.

Personally, I like her positions. I her politics. Most of them anyway. The problem is that she cannot articulate what her positions are. She could not articulate what the office she was seeking entailed. That is my problem. Politics is 80% perception. Maybe she isn't the dumbass that I truly believe her to be, but she sure does come off as one, you betcha.

I don't think she is any type of dumbass, I actually believe if she would have went after a Senate seat she would look pretty good for a 2016 run, depending on what happens in 2012. But right now she just wouldn't cut it.

N'ah, Obama isn't a quitter.

I think you are right about Palin's motivations behind quitting office though.

Of course, that means she can't come out and say she isn't going to run for President.

It would cost her $.
And your motives for QUITTING the Army were?

:razz:

I don't think she is any type of dumbass, I actually believe if she would have went after a Senate seat she would look pretty good for a 2016 run, depending on what happens in 2012. But right now she just wouldn't cut it.

Right now, I doubt if Alaska is enamored with Palin. She has burned many political bridges in securing the Conservative endorsement

And your motives for QUITTING the Army were?

:razz:

I wanted to spend the next 16 years preserving life and not destroying it.

I certainly didn't *leave* the Army to make money. Once you factor in loans, loss of pension, and loss of earning potential, I would have been more financially secure in the Army than I will be now.

Last edited:

The senate is the perfect place for her to start,

But, she must actually stay there and do her job. She must actually show up and VOTE!..The last thing this great country needs is another clueless senator who's only political ability was based on voting "present". We're seeing firsthand the disaster those type of senators can be if they find a bunch of clueless morons to vote them in as president!

The senate is the perfect place for her to start,

But, she must actually stay there and do her job. She must actually show up and VOTE!..The last thing this great country needs is another clueless senator who's only political ability was based on voting "present". We're seeing firsthand the disaster those type of senators can be if they find a bunch of clueless morons to vote them in as president!

Exactly

washingtonpost.com

Sarah Palin, who with 17 months remaining in her single term as Alaska's governor quit the only serious office she has ever held, is obsessively discussed as a possible candidate in 2012. Why? She is not going to be president and will not be the Republican nominee unless the party wants to lose at least 44 states

Yes and George Will is nothing more than one of those Republican White guy country club stuffed shirts, that hardly anybody pays attention to anymore. He is for the complete withdrawal from Afghanistan now, turning off many in his party so he has to write something now that someone will actually read. If he wants to be read he has to write about Palin- ridiculous. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

New Topics

Forum List

Back