George Will on Ending Birthright Citizenship

I wonder how many people who are for this, had grandparents or great grandparents and so on that were the first ones in their family to be born here?
I also want to know how Health Care reform is unconstitional, but this is cool?

anyone who says health care reform is unconstitutional doesn't know what the constitution is.

but besides that.. the replacement for citizenship by birth is citizenship by blood. that worked really well in germany. :thup:

Please show me in the Constitution where it states that Government is NOT an acting representation of the majority of the legitimate citizenry with respect to actions taken and laws passed.

The VAST majority of American citizens did NOT want Healthcare Reform.

It was an exceedingly unconstitutional breach of civil rights as determined by majority. Absolutely no different than the process of what Hitler's reformation enacted.

Since when are civil rights determined by majority? :eusa_eh:

We have a Bill of Rights and a Fourteenth Amendment specifically to make sure that does not happen.

If you want to get rid of anchor babies, you'll have to either change the 14th or the definition of jurisdiction as it relates to a person being subject to US law and sovereignty - and that means the courts, not Congress.

anyone who says health care reform is unconstitutional doesn't know what the constitution is.

but besides that.. the replacement for citizenship by birth is citizenship by blood. that worked really well in germany. :thup:

Please show me in the Constitution where it states that Government is NOT an acting representation of the majority of the legitimate citizenry with respect to actions taken and laws passed.

The VAST majority of American citizens did NOT want Healthcare Reform.

It was an exceedingly unconstitutional breach of civil rights as determined by majority. Absolutely no different than the process of what Hitler's reformation enacted.

Since when are civil rights determined by majority? :eusa_eh:

We have a Bill of Rights and a Fourteenth Amendment specifically to make sure that does not happen.

If you want to get rid of anchor babies, you'll have to either change the 14th or the definition of jurisdiction as it relates to a person being subject to US law and sovereignty - and that means the courts, not Congress.

I'm all for changing what ever we need to change if we can seal the borders and ship out a bunch of illegals. No matter where they came from.

Forum List

Back