George Will on Ending Birthright Citizenship

MY comment was off topic? YOUR comment was what I commented TO. There is polling data that supports my position, as opposed to anecdotal gatherings from your retail job in one location.

Is not the central theme of this thread "birthright citizenship"?

Please provide your polled information here: http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...36-who-supports-the-health-care-reform-4.html as I will be more than happy to supply you with just as much polled information that counters your false claim.

Are you a fucking moron? YOU brought HCR into this thread, not me.

Can you READ ass wipe? I ALREADY apologized for deviating from the central topic because of responding to SOMEONE ELSE'S off topic post. Fucking TROLL.

To end the practice of "birthright citizenship," all that is required is to correct the misinterpretation of that amendment's first sentence: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.

A parent from a poor country, writes professor Lino Graglia of the University of Texas law school, "can hardly do more for a child than make him or her an American citizen, entitled to all the advantages of the American welfare state." Therefore, "It is difficult to imagine a more irrational and self-defeating legal system than one which makes unauthorized entry into this country a criminal offense and simultaneously provides perhaps the greatest possible inducement to illegal entry."

Graglia seems to establish that there is no constitutional impediment to Congress ending the granting of birthright citizenship to persons whose presence here is "not only without the government's consent but in violation of its law."

George Will : A Birthright? Maybe Not. - Townhall.com

Immigration problem solved without one dime of taxpayer money. Do they have the balls? (silly question I know)

And of course it will not be retroactive?
George will be "grandfathered in"?

Please show me in the Constitution where it states that Government is NOT an acting representation of the majority of the legitimate citizenry with respect to actions taken and laws passed.

The VAST majority of American citizens did NOT want Healthcare Reform.

It was an exceedingly unconstitutional breach of civil rights as determined by majority. Absolutely no different than the process of what Hitler's reformation enacted.

BS. A majority wanted HCR, and I'm not silly enough to call it VAST, but it was a majority, and is a growing majority as people find out the benefits it has for themselves personally and the economy as a whole.

I am not going to jack this thread. When I responded I didn't realize that your comment was completely off topic and I do apologize. You are dead wrong however. I have yet to speak with one person, and I am in a very busy professional retail environment, that supported healthcare reform. It's downright TOUGH to find anyone that will even admit to voting for the idiot. You are a liar just like the POTUS.

If you can't find a single person who voted for President Obama, then I'd say you live on mars given he got 365 electoral votes. I don't know a single person who would change their vote given the same circumstances and the same candidate on the other side. And I don't know a single person who won't 'admit' to the vote they cast.

so maybe it's you who isn't being truthful?

just sayin'

Anchor Babies should be legislated out of citizenship. Effective immediately. If you are here illegally and have a child born here, too bad. the child can return to your piece of shit country with you. Once we have that fixed we can secure the damned border to stop any more from coming over. The problem is that you can't find 10 legislators in Washington who care about sealing the borders.

Graglia seems to establish that there is no constitutional impediment to Congress ending the granting of birthright citizenship to persons whose presence here is "not only without the government's consent but in violation of its law."

The key word here is Congress. They may indeed have the constitutional authority to make such a change but if you're expecting them to actually do it then I say fat chance.

True! No politician will give up those votes.

The key word here is Congress. They may indeed have the constitutional authority to make such a change but if you're expecting them to actually do it then I say fat chance.

Because the opposite of PRO is CON

Thus congress opposes progress.

but besides that.. the replacement for citizenship by birth is citizenship by blood. that worked really well in germany. :thup:

What do you think Israeli citizenship is based on?

And, are you a neo-Nazi posing as a Jew on the Internet to illustrate Jewish hypocrisy, by any chance? Because you're doing a great job.

Last edited:
BS. A majority wanted HCR, and I'm not silly enough to call it VAST, but it was a majority, and is a growing majority as people find out the benefits it has for themselves personally and the economy as a whole.

I am not going to jack this thread. When I responded I didn't realize that your comment was completely off topic and I do apologize. You are dead wrong however. I have yet to speak with one person, and I am in a very busy professional retail environment, that supported healthcare reform. It's downright TOUGH to find anyone that will even admit to voting for the idiot. You are a liar just like the POTUS.

If you can't find a single person who voted for President Obama, then I'd say you live on mars given he got 365 electoral votes. I don't know a single person who would change their vote given the same circumstances and the same candidate on the other side. And I don't know a single person who won't 'admit' to the vote they cast.

so maybe it's you who isn't being truthful?

just sayin'

I DID NOT state I couldn't find one, not that I would bother looking too hard for traitors as they are everywhere these days. I stated I couldn't find anyone that would admit to the fact considering all the traitorous horseshit the fruitcake has pulled recently.

I wonder how many people who are for this, had grandparents or great grandparents and so on that were the first ones in their family to be born here?
I also want to know how Health Care reform is unconstitional, but this is cool?

My grandparents came here legally, thank you very much.

However, how that plays out in terms of helping that kid, should he need it while living here?

Now, that is entirely a different matter.

AFter all, the kid isn't repsonsible, nor should that kid be punished, for the actions of his parents.

I'm not sure I understand your question, but if I do the obvious answer is that the parents are responsible and all we need to do is send the kid back with the parents to whatever country they came from. Am I missing something?

I agree with ending it. Merely being in a country when you give birth should not mean the child is a citizen.

Given the political ramifications, I doubt if it would happen

Why all the fuss about HCR??? None of us will find out how bad or how good it will be until 2014!!! Can anyone up to now tell me how it will work??? I'll be waiting.

Not only do we need to build a wall and actually patrol our borders, and also fine umployers using illegal immigrants, but we need to make sure these anchor babies don't get them citizenship.

If you are a Tea Party person and you have a congresscritter wannabe you are considering supporting...........IF THEY WILL NOT ABSOLUTELY PUBLICALLY COMMIT TO THE COMMONSENSE IDEA OF AN IMMEDIATE END TO ANCHOR BABIES, YOU THEN KNOW THEY ARE A FRAUD. Find another Candidate.

Forum List

Back