George Washington Carver

..... So why are we not taught these things? again, not racism but poor effort on teaching American history in general.

How about poor retention years after leaving school? How many people could you stop on the street randomly who remember what they learned in high school about biology or calculus?

How about we say your reply was a sorry excuse of a defense of racism?

I dont believe he was defending racism. He's just pointing out something that is true, i cant remember much of what I learned in 5th grade about any of those people in the history book unless I go back and read about it later in life. As I said here in the US, learning history is NOT a major focus as compared to the rest of the world. Why is it that when someone brings up a different view point you have to see it as opposing yours? Two things can be true at the same time. This is what I mean by seeing racism every where and in everything. I never said racism does not exist.

..... So why are we not taught these things? again, not racism but poor effort on teaching American history in general.

How about poor retention years after leaving school? How many people could you stop on the street randomly who remember what they learned in high school about biology or calculus?

How so?

I dont believe he was defending racism. He's just pointing out something that is true, i cant remember much of what I learned in 5th grade about any of those people in the history book unless I go back and read about it later in life. As I said here in the US, learning history is NOT a major focus as compared to the rest of the world. Why is it that when someone brings up a different view point you have to see it as opposing yours? Two things can be true at the same time. This is what I mean by seeing racism every where and in everything. I never said racism does not exist.

It was an excuse. There are some things that are true about America. Many non white contributors to American history have been left out. They are not taught about. It's not just poor retention.

How so?

Is it not true that non white contributions have been left out of history books?

I dont think he was the "greatest" per se but boy... he sure was awesome!
He transformed agriculture.

How so?

Is it not true that non white contributions have been left out of history books?
I read about GWC in a history book :dunno:

How so?

I read about GWC in a history book :dunno:

Did you read about Lewis Latimer? Percy Julian? Ernest Just?

How so?

It is true that countless millions of people of all 'races' (for those fucking obsessed with the notion) have been left out of history books, because otherwise a history book could cover no more than one moment in time.

The real question is who would you want to remove and replace from history books in favor of someone you can no doubt prove more noteworthy.

You are, of course, missing in your racist fog the larger point about history agency, and legacy. You miss the chance to advance your own agenda in your rush to play the black Archie Bunker.

How so?

It is true that countless millions of people of all 'races' (for those fucking obsessed with the notion) have been left out of history books, because otherwise a history book could cover no more than one moment in time.

The real question is who would you want to remove and replace from history books in favor of someone you can no doubt prove more noteworthy.

You are, of course, missing in your racist fog the larger point about history agency, and legacy. You miss the chance to advance your own agenda in your rush to play the black Archie Bunker.

Not so idiot. Whites have been given credit for things blacks have done and got put in the history books for it.

How so?

Not so ....

Very much so. Evidently so.

How so?

Not so idiot. Whites have been given credit for things blacks have done and got put in the history books for it.

Yes, many times, and that hurts this nation; untapped resources, ignored. (I have kept mum on Marcus Garvey, of course, a very complex, and difficult subject, even now.) I found my copy of Notes of a Native Son, I should have read Native Son first, but one Baldwin essay led to another, then his fiction, and back to ....................

How so?

You know, you can google greatest Black inventors and its right there, I can do the same thing in Amazon Books, none of it is hidden or expunged.. its all right there. Im willing to bet there are numerous college courses teaching about it. No one is hiding these facts in this racist place you speak of.
I'm willing to bet there are a lot of white inventors or scientists left out of the history books, because as I remember the list of Scientists or inventors I read about in school was really not that long to begin with. Is it that it comes down to black kids do'nt want to study because they don't want to read about more white people? maybe thats it. Or maybe thats what you and others think it is. So the question also could be... who exactly is it who decides what is in these history books? Now i was under the impression that for at least the last 30 years public education has been mostly influenced by liberal democrats , at least in the big cities of the US anyway, and if that is the case, why are they so pro White people when it comes to history? I still say that teaching of History itself whether its about white people or black people, is just not made interesting enough in the lower grades and its really not done in great depth.

And while were at it lets not forget someone else.

10 Mexican Inventors Everyone Should Know

How so?

You know, you can google greatest Black inventors and its right there, I can do the same thing in Amazon Books, none of it is hidden or expunged.. its all right there. Im willing to bet there are numerous college courses teaching about it. No one is hiding these facts in this racist place you speak of.
I'm willing to bet there are a lot of white inventors or scientists left out of the history books, because as I remember the list of Scientists or inventors I read about in school was really not that long to begin with. Is it that it comes down to black kids do'nt want to study because they don't want to read about more white people? maybe thats it. Or maybe thats what you and others think it is. So the question also could be... who exactly is it who decides what is in these history books? Now i was under the impression that for at least the last 30 years public education has been mostly influenced by liberal democrats , at least in the big cities of the US anyway, and if that is the case, why are they so pro White people when it comes to history? I still say that teaching of History itself whether its about white people or black people, is just not made interesting enough in the lower grades and its really not done in great depth.

.The point here is not that whites have been left out it is that whites have gotten credit for what they did not do. Get that because it has happened.

History is what it is. Things have happened. You cannot just decide to deny the parts of it that makes you feel uncomfortable or the part that doesn't make whites look good. I've lived 56 years understanding blacks were slaves and if I can deal with that you can deal with the fact that whites have gotten credit for things they did not do and non white inventors and historical figures have been ignored.

How so?

.The point here is not that whites have been left out it is that whites have gotten credit for what they did not do. Get that because it has happened.

History is what it is. Things have happened. You cannot just decide to deny the parts of it that makes you feel uncomfortable or the part that doesn't make whites look good. I've lived 56 years understanding blacks were slaves and if I can deal with that you can deal with the fact that whites have gotten credit for things they did not do and non white inventors and historical figures have been ignored.

Ah, change of direction #533678539.

What has been misattributed?

How so?

Ok, well maybe your right about some things... I'm honestly not sure. So the first white inventor name that popped into my head literally was Westinghouse. heres a list of things he did in this link. If he stole some of these ideas from a black inventor and then got credit then we can reduce him to an irrelevant white guy.
Then we'll go on to the next name.

George Westinghouse | American inventor and industrialist

Forum List

Back