George W

K

kimforw

I am new to this site and grateful there is such a place to vent. Forgive me if I am redundant, as I have not had the opportunity to read many of your postings yet. Every time I see the news, I get angry. It is hard to believe that in a time of war, we have this kind of juvenile and ignorant reporting. I voted for George W in 2000 and 2004 is a no brainer for me because I know who he is and what he is trying to do. The man has worked from day one and done nearly everything he said he would do and then some. He is a good man. Any of you who know the story of the little boy drowning on the ranch next to Bush's in Crawford last month know what an extraordinary man he is. But you will never hear this kind of stuff! What upsets me is that there many (what I have deemed) intelligent people out there who voted for Bush in 2000 who are now buying into the press and second guessing our being in Iraq. How can people who are so smart be so stupid? Some of the people I am referring to are my own friends and relatives. Maybe they are from the Walter Chronkite generation and just believe the news as gospel? How do we reach them??

Welcome to the board, Kim :)

You'll get no argument from me. I read more than moveon.org or commondreams.org, and I'll be making informed decisions - not decisions based on conspiracy theories. GWB has a vote coming from me for what he has done and for what I know he'll continue to do.

Originally posted by jimnyc
Welcome to the board, Kim :)

You'll get no argument from me. I read more than moveon.org or commondreams.org, and I'll be making informed decisions - not decisions based on conspiracy theories. GWB has a vote coming from me for what he has done and for what I know he'll continue to do.

sucker :p: j/k jim ;)

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
sucker :p: j/k jim ;)

The way I see it is that I can vote for one of the candidates on the ballot or not vote at all. Do I think Bush is the best President we've ever had? Nope. Do I think he can cure everything that ails in America? Nope. But I do believe he's head and shoulders above anyone else running. I do believe he means what he says. I do believe he's a man of his word. And I do believe he'll go down in history as the man who started the free worlds fight against terrorists. Some will look at that negatively and some positively. I guess you know how I look at it by who I'm voting for. :D

The man has worked from day one and done nearly everything he said he would do and then some.

Not true. He said he'd cut carbon dioxide emissions, now he says its not a pollutant, he said he'd changed the tone in Washington, now democrats and left leaning moderates like me will actually vote for John Kerry, he said he wouldn't be a nation builder, but thats all he does, he said he would be a "compassionate" conservative, but things couldn't be farther from the truth.

Any of you who know the story of the little boy drowning on the ranch next to Bush's in Crawford last month know what an extraordinary man he is. But you will never hear this kind of stuff!

There is a good reason we never heard this story, because it is fake! http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_sam_kettler.htm Check out Snopes also.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
Not true.

What part of 'nearly' didn't you understand? Nobody is going to do enough to make both sides happy - ever. There are quite a few that would be unhappy no matter what GWB does. (the droolers). Bush had to make some decisions that were best for the country while he knew it would be unpopular to many (war always is).

Kerry has made a career out of flip flopping and pandering to whomever happens to be listening at the moment. He has no integrity and he certainly won't be seeing a vote from me.

Kerry has made a career out of flip flopping and pandering to whomever happens to be listening at the moment. He has no integrity and he certainly won't be seeing a vote from me.

I don't have a problem with that, I'm close to just not voting at all.

What part of 'nearly' didn't you understand?

I thought in the context she was using the word nearly it sounded more like everything, especially when she followed it up with "and then some", but I guess it comes down to what your definition of nearly is.

What's perhaps the biggest news in our lives since 1991? The war in Iraq. How can we expect the democrats to lead our country when they can't even make a stance on the biggest issue of all? The comments they've made since 1998 are now imbedded in memory. Then they make an about face come election year. I just can't fathom anyone voting for Kerry when he's flip flopped on the perhaps the most trying issue of our times. I'd much rather have someone decisive in their who has goals and objectives - and the integrity to see it through.

Hey PJ, I addressed you as a new thread so people would not miss it

Forum List

Back