George W. Obama Threatens War over Syrian WMD’s

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
George W. Obama Threatens War over Syrian WMD’s​

By Daniel Greenfield

Obama’s big anti-war moment that won him the backing of the left.

Where are those WMD’s, the left clamored for 9 years. Well they might just be about to find out.

U.S. and allied intelligence have detected Syrian movement of chemical weapons components in recent days, a senior U.S. defence official said Monday, as the Obama administration again warned the Assad regime against using them.

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, in Prague for meetings with Czech officials, reiterated President Barack Obama’s declaration that Syrian action on chemical weapons was a “red line” for the United States that would prompt action.

“We have made our views very clear: This is a red line for the United States,” Clinton told reporters. “I’m not going to telegraph in any specifics what we would do in the event of credible evidence that the Assad regime has resorted to using chemical weapons against their own people. But suffice it to say, we are certainly planning to take action if that eventuality were to occur.”​

Can you spot what’s missing from the story that was and is present in every news story on Iraqi or Iranian WMDs?

1. No “experts” stepping forward to question the “intelligence” about the presence of WMD.

2. No news reports on anti-war protesters gathering to protest against a war on Syria, even though they exist.

3. No questions about whether we should route this through the United Nations​

When Democrats want to go to war, it’s very simple. They announce that they’re going to war. Or they go to war, then say three days later that there is no war, just a No Fly Zone, as Obama did during his disastrous Libyan expedition.

President Barack Obama, in a speech at the National Defense University on Monday, pointedly warned Syrian President Bashar Assad not to use his arsenal.

“Today I want to make it absolutely clear to Assad and those under his command: The world is watching,” Obama said. “The use of chemical weapons is and would be totally unacceptable. And if you make the tragic mistake of using these weapons, there will be consequences and you will be held accountable.”​

Read more:

I don't see hard evidence of a threat but it wouldn't surprise me. W and Obama are both worthless....

At some point I don't think Obama will be able to help himself.

George W. Obama Threatens War over Syrian WMD’s​

By Daniel Greenfield

Obama’s big anti-war moment that won him the backing of the left.

Where are those WMD’s, the left clamored for 9 years. Well they might just be about to find out.

U.S. and allied intelligence have detected Syrian movement of chemical weapons components in recent days, a senior U.S. defence official said Monday, as the Obama administration again warned the Assad regime against using them.

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, in Prague for meetings with Czech officials, reiterated President Barack Obama’s declaration that Syrian action on chemical weapons was a “red line” for the United States that would prompt action.

“We have made our views very clear: This is a red line for the United States,” Clinton told reporters. “I’m not going to telegraph in any specifics what we would do in the event of credible evidence that the Assad regime has resorted to using chemical weapons against their own people. But suffice it to say, we are certainly planning to take action if that eventuality were to occur.”​

Can you spot what’s missing from the story that was and is present in every news story on Iraqi or Iranian WMDs?

1. No “experts” stepping forward to question the “intelligence” about the presence of WMD.

2. No news reports on anti-war protesters gathering to protest against a war on Syria, even though they exist.

3. No questions about whether we should route this through the United Nations​

When Democrats want to go to war, it’s very simple. They announce that they’re going to war. Or they go to war, then say three days later that there is no war, just a No Fly Zone, as Obama did during his disastrous Libyan expedition.

President Barack Obama, in a speech at the National Defense University on Monday, pointedly warned Syrian President Bashar Assad not to use his arsenal.

“Today I want to make it absolutely clear to Assad and those under his command: The world is watching,” Obama said. “The use of chemical weapons is and would be totally unacceptable. And if you make the tragic mistake of using these weapons, there will be consequences and you will be held accountable.”​

Read more:

Before 1991 there was no doubt that Saddam had Chemical Weapons. What suprised everyone was during the 1st Gulf war we discovered a Manhatten Project style nuclear program. That scared alot of people. However after 10 years of sanction and oversight of the destruction of his WMD programs even high ranking members of Bushes administration announced that Saddam had not been able to reconstruct either his conventional military or his wmd programs.

I don't think anyone is supprised that Syria has Chemical Weapons.

The anti-war folks had at least a year to begin their protest. Give um time.

I think we need to go through the SC.

The president did not say what he intends to do.

Do you all have a reading comprehension issue?

“We have made our views very clear: This is a red line for the United States,” Clinton told reporters. “I’m not going to telegraph in any specifics what we would do in the event of credible evidence that the Assad regime has resorted to using chemical weapons against their own people. But suffice it to say, we are certainly planning to take action if that eventuality were to occur.”

She is saying that we will take steps if he uses the WMD he has.

Why the fuck would we need proof that they exist if he is actually using them?

Obama and Clinton are warmongering. Don't they know that sort of talk will just piss off the Muslims even more? They are begging for more terrorist attacks.

(Copyrighted during the last administration, only the names have changed.)

I don't see hard evidence of a threat but it wouldn't surprise me. W and Obama are both worthless....

At some point I don't think Obama will be able to help himself.

Do you think Democrats will vote Yes before they are against invasion?

“We have made our views very clear: This is a red line for the United States,” Clinton told reporters. “I’m not going to telegraph in any specifics what we would do in the event of credible evidence that the Assad regime has resorted to using chemical weapons against their own people. But suffice it to say, we are certainly planning to take action if that eventuality were to occur.”

Might be able to save a few thousand lives doing it BEFORE. Just a thought from us dumbasses.

Of course they will. Like children pulling a tantrum by lying on the floor kicking and screaming.

Might be able to save a few thousand lives doing it BEFORE. Just a thought from us dumbasses.

She is saving a "few thousand lives" by confirming that we will attack if he uses them.

If he tries to use them, he will be annihilated, therefore it's a lose, lose situation, so there would be no point.

She is saving a "few thousand lives" by confirming that we will attack if he uses them.

If he tries to use them, he will be annihilated, therefore it's a lose, lose situation, so there would be no point.

Your just guessing on your first response above. You are also making a supposition on the second.

Your just guessing on your first response above. You are also making a supposition on the second.

So, you feel that the Secretary of State is not in fact trying to stop a massacre, but is instead just threatening war, with a country that has next to no natural resources, just for the hell of it. Sweet.

Sometimes your logic just amazes me.

As for point #2, it is perfectly valid.

There is no proof that Assad is a sociopath, which he would have to be in order to use chemical weapons on his own populace, even though it would mean the complete destruction of him, his government, and whatever military was still loyal to him afterwards.

So, you feel that the Secretary of State is not in fact trying to stop a massacre, but is instead just threatening war, with a country that has next to no natural resources, just for the hell of it. Sweet.

Sometimes your logic just amazes me.

As for point #2, it is perfectly valid.

There is no proof that Assad is a sociopath, which he would have to be in order to use chemical weapons on his own populace, even though it would mean the complete destruction of him, his government, and whatever military was still loyal to him afterwards.

Killing by the dozen doesn't qualify in your book huh idiot?

Ahh... How soon we forget Saddam and his killing of the Kurds... And especially the similarities... Obama's second term is simply Bush's fourth one. Enjoy the ride my leftist hypocrite friends.

Killing by the dozen doesn't qualify in your book huh idiot?

so·ci·o·path /ˈsōsēōˌpaTH/
Noun:
A person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.

Being a dictator desperately trying to hold on to power, and killing thousands of people during a civil war, does not qualify one as a sociopath.

Certainly he exhibits the "lack of conscience" quality in his actions over the past year or so, but he has not generally just killed people for no reason other than that he hates people in general.

Certainly I believe Assad is a brutal asshole, and that he should have stepped down already (or been killed preferably), but he's not a sociopath.

Therefore, if there is no reason for him to kill people, and doing so would assure his destruction, then there is no reason to believe he would just start engaging in the use of WMD.

Forum List

Back