Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
"I believe that if the people of this nation fully understood what
congress has done to them over the last 49 years, they would move on
washington; they would not wait for an election... It adds up to a
preconceived plan to destroy the economic and social independence of the
united states!"

discuss

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwA1i1pXUgQ]YouTube - ‪George W. Malone - Foreign Policy, 1950‬‏[/ame]

Political careerMalone entered politics in 1934 when he made his first attempt to be elected to the United States Senate from Nevada. He was defeated by the Democratic incumbent Key Pittman, receiving 33 percent of the vote. During World War II Malone worked for the Senate as an engineering consultant on war materials. Malone ran again for a seat in the United States Senate in 1944, this time against Democratic incumbent Pat McCarran. Malone was defeated again, receiving 41 percent of the vote.

Malone successfully campaigned for a seat in the Senate in 1946. He defeated the Democratic candidate, former senator Berkeley L. Bunker, receiving 55 percent of the vote. Malone was reelected to the Senate in 1952, receiving 51 percent of the vote. He was defeated for reelection in 1958 by Democrat Howard W. Cannon, receiving 42 percent of the vote. He served in the Senate from 1947 to 1959.

Famous quote by Malone during a Senate speech:

The Banking System

"I believe that if the people of this nation fully understood what Congress has done to them over the past 49 years, they would move on Washington, they would not wait for an election....It adds up to a preconceived plan to destroy the economic and social independence of the United States". Senator George W Malone, 1957.

Forum List

Back