George W. Bush To Skip Republican Convention In Tampa

For the second time in a row, Republicans will not host their party’s last elected president at their national convention.

President George W. Bush will not attend the GOP convention in Tampa later this summer, TPM has confirmed. Bush joins his father, President George H.W. Bush, in skipping the event. The elder Bush said he could not attend because of health reasons; the younger said he wants to stay out of the political fray weeks before the general election.

More: George W. Bush To Skip Republican Convention In Tampa | TPM2012

OMG!!! Say it ain't so!!!!

:lol:

The way things are going, maybe Obama would do better if he did the same with the Democratic convention in Charlotte

GWB, always the gentleman, is going to skip receiving his party's accolades and avoid any possible tainting of this years GOP candidate by association. History will vindicate his actions as correct after the Left Wing haters are dead. Even a good, solid Leftie like James Woolsey in his speech to the National War College, November 16, 2002, entitled World War IV said the idea of nation building, in Iraq and Afghanistan, similar to the Marshall Plan in Europe after WWII was a laudable idea. The rub came when the Left, for political advantage encouraged the electorate to flee from that task as the Left had likewise caused the elctorate to flee from the conflict in Vietnam. The American people chose to surrender both times. Not an auspiscious sign for America's continued existence. One might be force to conclude, after the election of Barack Hussein Obama, that America was indeed "A weak horse" as Osama bin Laden had himself surmised. Bin Laden was just eight years too early.

Last edited:
I am glad he's skipping it. That's all we need is that idiot hemming and hawing trying to complete a sentence.

He's having a blast, enjoying his retirement.

What a great American.

Loved by our troops.
One thing about GW was genuine love for the troops.

I've got the luxury of sitting back and judging his presidency from an armchair and I can find many faults but one and one thing stands out like no other.

He adored being CIC. And he took it seriously and loved his men and women as the CIC.

Bless his soul. He loved and was loved in return all serving.

He adored being CIC? That job description involves making decisions which ultimately result in sending men to their deaths or end with them being maimed for life. How can anyone adore a job like that?

Bush has been too busy doing things like this.

Bush helps renovate health center on Africa trip

I know why Bush is hauling lumber. It's because he can't swing a hammer to save his life. I know because I saw a Rove photo op a few years ago with Bush holding a hammer like a girl holds a baseball bat.

The good news is that Bush has found his niche...unless the position of hod carrier opens up, that is.

Bush is really very clever. He won't criticize a sitting president. In other words, if you can't say anything good, say nothing.

For the second time in a row, Republicans will not host their party’s last elected president at their national convention.

President George W. Bush will not attend the GOP convention in Tampa later this summer, TPM has confirmed. Bush joins his father, President George H.W. Bush, in skipping the event. The elder Bush said he could not attend because of health reasons; the younger said he wants to stay out of the political fray weeks before the general election.

More: George W. Bush To Skip Republican Convention In Tampa | TPM2012

The pariah president is banished from the kingdom.

For all the good it will do – Romney will be running against Bush as much as Obama.

Bush is really very clever. He won't criticize a sitting president. In other words, if you can't say anything good, say nothing.

Bush is smart to keep a low profile in America. After all, Iraqis aren't the only ones who wouldn't mind throwing a shoe to two in Bush's general direction. And considering the fact that most Americans walk around with shoes on their feet...

Perhaps that's why Bush is spending so much time in Africa since the average Zambian is much more likely not to be wearing shoes compared to the average New Yorker.

Bush is smart to keep a low profile in America. After all, Iraqis aren't the only ones who wouldn't mind throwing a shoe to two in Bush's general direction. And considering the fact that most Americans walk around with shoes on their feet...

Wouldn't it be nice if Obama would take your advice and go away too? Four more years of him and we won't have shoes on our feet...

Forum List

Back