George W. Bush To Skip Republican Convention In Tampa

Actually the convention should welcome Bush, he did everything perfect according to the Republican manual on how to be a good Republican president. Two useless wars, big debt for nothing, still the Republicans should remember that carrier landing, the mission accomplished one and his flight suit?
Well how about Bush going and popping out of a cake with another mission accomplished sign? No that wouldn't work either. Well for once Bush made a good decision.

Useless war???? Do you recall the mood of this nation when our towers were hit and three thousand people either burned to death or plummeted to the sidewalks of NYC? If we hadn't had those sorties going into Afghanistan tghe nation would have been crazy with anger! There had been no other time since WWII we have seen such patriotism.

I recall that day of horror. I watched with my colleagues at the unfolding tragedy my mind trying to consume what I saw with people leaping out those windows to the purposeful death knowing full well this meant war.

So how many of those lives did it bring back, and how many more lives has it cost? We will be paying for that war for some more sixty years. And frankly, the patriotism thing didn't do it for me. There were other responses that might satisfied our revenge genes and then out, instead we did he hundred year political war thing.

Actually the convention should welcome Bush, he did everything perfect according to the Republican manual on how to be a good Republican president. Two useless wars, big debt for nothing, still the Republicans should remember that carrier landing, the mission accomplished one and his flight suit?
Well how about Bush going and popping out of a cake with another mission accomplished sign? No that wouldn't work either. Well for once Bush made a good decision.

Useless war???? Do you recall the mood of this nation when our towers were hit and three thousand people either burned to death or plummeted to the sidewalks of NYC? If we hadn't had those sorties going into Afghanistan tghe nation would have been crazy with anger! There had been no other time since WWII we have seen such patriotism.

I recall that day of horror. I watched with my colleagues at the unfolding tragedy my mind trying to consume what I saw with people leaping out those windows to the purposeful death knowing full well this meant war.

So how many of those lives did it bring back, and how many more lives has it cost? We will be paying for that war for some more sixty years. And frankly, the patriotism thing didn't do it for me. There were other responses that might satisfied our revenge genes and then out, instead we did he hundred year political war thing.

The war in Afghanistan was right but we needed an exit strategy. The war in Iraq was wrong.

Gee, I wonder why. I mean, he's famous and had all kinds of power for eight years and had the world's biggest charge card.

Why wouldn't he be just as welcome as the daisies in May?

As far as I'm concerned, Texasss can have him.

Agreed. And you change eight to four and Texasss to Illinoisss and you have a twofer. Moreso since the current boob in charge ran up more debt then the last one in half the time by a wide margin...

Last edited:
For the second time in a row, Republicans will not host their party’s last elected president at their national convention.

President George W. Bush will not attend the GOP convention in Tampa later this summer, TPM has confirmed. Bush joins his father, President George H.W. Bush, in skipping the event. The elder Bush said he could not attend because of health reasons; the younger said he wants to stay out of the political fray weeks before the general election.

More: George W. Bush To Skip Republican Convention In Tampa | TPM2012

Yes unlike Clinton he isn't an arrogant asswipe that has to steal the spotlight at every chance he gets.

Carter and Clinton are fucking jokes, constantly making idiotic statements to undermine the current President (even Obama!). They have no class.

Carter and Clinton are fucking jokes, constantly making idiotic statements to undermine the current President (even Obama!). They have no class.

The hate filled Democratic party in general. While former Presidents of course spoke at conventions before, it was a clear precedent that they stayed out of the negative side of it for sitting Presidents. Carter and Clinton were the first to overtly, publicly attack a sitting President. While W did suck, their doing that added nothing positive to the discussion.

Had it been Republican Presidents who broke the precedent the left would have an endless cow about it ignoring what they said and attacking them for not honoring history.

Gee, I wonder why. I mean, he's famous and had all kinds of power for eight years and had the world's biggest charge card.

Why wouldn't he be just as welcome as the daisies in May?

As far as I'm concerned, Texasss can have him.

GW after lyme disease was a changed man for true. You can almost tell to the day.

All of a sudden GW wasn't a conservative. He was his daddy's man. GH was running the WH again. Losing once more over conservatism like he did the first time round.

Biggest donor to Africa for aids ever?

Fuck you douche bag.

I want to be perfectly clear. I loved the first moment I laid eyes on him. It was Nashville. It was Opryland and I was just part of the crowd cheering for Delta as she came down the stairs with everyone else. Norris was at my back. It was the Bush's anniversary party.

GW was destined for greatness I thought at the time. Because all the assholes control the media at this moment, and I mean, at this moment in time, I thought he would be different from his father who I always as a Reaganite thought was just a R in name only. A Rockefeller Republican if you will.

Sadly he turned out to be his fathers son.

He's having a blast, enjoying his retirement.

What a great American.

Loved by our troops.

You really think things are going well for Romney?

I know I do.... :)

He's going to make a great President.

He says he's not releasing any more tax returns and the first two have missing info. He needs to rethink some things.

Everything a politician does is based on a calculation. The only way Romney releases anything is if the polls tell him that he's hurt more if he doesn't. So his behavior going forward will tell you what the internal polls are telling him.

Politics, huh?

The way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if 0bama was asked to skip the DNC convention as well...

Yeah actually it is in most of the national polls it's close being anywhere from tied to a four point difference and it's close in most of the swing states as well though a few have not done any recent polling.

He says he's not releasing any more tax returns and the first two have missing info. He needs to rethink some things.

Those already against him aren't going to be satisfied if he does or doesn't release his returns and no one else cares. You're not going to drop it because Obama obviously can't run on his record, his integrity, his history or himself in general, so you are going to give it your best to destroy Romney and get Obama back over the rubble in any way you can. In other words, it's a typical Democratic campaign.

The way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if 0bama was asked to skip the DNC convention as well...

For him personally, so so. The benefit he gets with his opponent's record on the other hand? He's in excellent shape. Historically that Obama is neck and neck when Romney only emerged as the Republican a couple months ago and Obama had the office of the Presidency to market himself for 3 1/2 years is a disaster for Obama. Since Romney is squeaky clean, you have your work cut out for you. I hope you keep focusing on the taxes and wasting your time.

He's having a blast, enjoying his retirement.

What a great American.

Loved by our troops.
One thing about GW was genuine love for the troops.

I've got the luxury of sitting back and judging his presidency from an armchair and I can find many faults but one and one thing stands out like no other.

He adored being CIC. And he took it seriously and loved his men and women as the CIC.

Bless his soul. He loved and was loved in return all serving.

All things considered?

Why is O tied neck and neck for this race? If O was such a runaway success story, why does every poll have this down to wire?

Exactly, when Romney has two months of being a nominee in the middle of the summer and Obama has 3 1/2 years on Pennsylvania Avenue. The election hasn't even started yet. The POTUS is in serious trouble, and he did it to himself with his divisive hatred, endless finger pointing and dearth of trust in the American people to do anything for themselves. Step aside, let government do it for you doesn't work when government is incompetent. Which of course by nature it always is.

For the second time in a row, Republicans will not host their party’s last elected president at their national convention.

President George W. Bush will not attend the GOP convention in Tampa later this summer, TPM has confirmed. Bush joins his father, President George H.W. Bush, in skipping the event. The elder Bush said he could not attend because of health reasons; the younger said he wants to stay out of the political fray weeks before the general election.

More: George W. Bush To Skip Republican Convention In Tampa | TPM2012

OMG!!! Say it ain't so!!!!

:lol:

Forum List

Back